Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

15 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Heard a chant today that I hadn’t heard and it actually sounded decent, status quo song, they sang two lines and stopped!! They are not going to get anything going if they keep switching songs every minute, especially if the drummer is louder than the folks singing.

To the tune of Rocking all over the world - Vardy & Iheanacho. Arsenal have it for Saka & Emile Smith Rowe.

I hope the latest Maddison tune get knocked on the head soon. The guy's been here 3 years and probably doesn't even know his name's being sung. It's been 3 months. It isn't catching on and isnt going to, the Amartey one proves how fast things can catch on if they're actually catchy and mention the player's name.

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

Must admit, considering we have had ALOT of worse seasons than this, theres a spark missing and going to some games feels like a chore.

Not a nice feeling when you e had a ST for over 25 years and you KNOW we are in the halcyon days of the club.

The atmosphere reflects the football being played- boring 

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Why are you surprised? The club have a borderline hatred for the type of demographic that shouts and sings

Remember Moscow? The club deliberately withholding tickets until the visa process meant tickets were pointless. Then  refusing to acknowledge the 25 who'd gambled their time and money to travel anyway. No thank you. No well done. No appreciation. Just pure unfiltered disdain. 

They then invited those 25 fans for a tour of the training ground..  

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

The atmosphere reflects the football being played- boring 

BUT we have played ALOT worse football over the years prior to us being "famous". 

Maybe that's the reason. 

Some fans expect  the 2015 era week in week out?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Comes a point where you have to accept that the product being offered isn't one you want to buy. 

Thats where I'm at now. 

The club don't want my version of support and neither do the majority of our fans. 

Interest is lost 

I was where you are now but in 1994...:D

13 minutes ago, iancognito said:

To the tune of Rocking all over the world - Vardy & Iheanacho. Arsenal have it for Saka & Emile Smith Rowe.

I hope the latest Maddison tune get knocked on the head soon. The guy's been here 3 years and probably doesn't even know his name's being sung. It's been 3 months. It isn't catching on and isnt going to, the Amartey one proves how fast things can catch on if they're actually catchy and mention the player's name.

Ahh, I thought it was just kelechi iheanacho

15 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They then invited those 25 fans for a tour of the training ground..  

Only after outrage on social media. 

They totally ignored the support for post after post,   hours upon hours until it became embarrassingly obvious on social.media  the snub was insulting 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, iancognito said:

The Maddison chant is so weird, it obviously should just be sung like it is at the darts with DA DA DA DA DAAA etc but end with MAD-DI-SON instead of verses of god knows what and OI OI OI.

• Like 3

Football as we once knew it is on its way out. It won't change. The club don't want it to change and the majority of our fans don't either. I don't even bother with any other games any more other than my season ticket games, and to be honest there getting more and more unattractive

The whole match day is a complete mess. ****ing music pumping out right up until kick off, each goal we score ruined by some horrendous music,  can't even sing a few songs after the game  because they all get drowned out by the same music, Can't stand up if we get a corner because someone behind you will moan. Cant get any songs going as the majority of the fans drown them out with their clappers and we cant even call someone a c@@t anymore without the fear of the women behind you texting the crowd control. 😂

It's miserable now or maybe I'm just getting old and I'm the miserable one.

Im giving it one more year and if it don't improve I won't bother. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

BUT we have played ALOT worse football over the years prior to us being "famous". 

Maybe that's the reason. 

Some fans expect  the 2015 era week in week out?

No I don’t think it’s all down to that

Ive been in some cracking atmospheres the seasons before we got relegated to L1 so we had it in us even back then.

This season performance wise has been dire, and the football has been turgid for a heck of a long time before that too. That has an impact. That’s why a lot of fans can’t be arsed to go a lot of the time. 

Most of the time the last 18 months or so, if they were playing on my back garden, I’d close the curtains, it’s that boring. I think the fans just want to see some effort, some spark and some energy.

I’m not one who thinks the players should spark the crowd into action, but you can be right up for a game, be prepared to sing your hearts out, and be plied with some garbage, slow crab football that completely knocks the wind out of any enthusiasm you may have. 

7 of my mates are still STHs. I think 3 went today. 

1 of them has done less home games than me this season- I think I’ve done 7 😅

Even out of the more loyal STH mates I have, two didn’t bother today- ‘the leagues done with’ 

I don’t blame anyone for that after this season. 

Theres also an element of the 2014-17 kind of period of fan growing up- having kids, other priorities etc and so don’t go. To be replaced by younger fans who maybe expect to have our famed atmosphere of old handed to them on a plate 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Erm, why? 

Just a heads up but you haven't got a chance, PSV will completely embarrass L1 like all European fans do. 

What is the obsession with being next to the away fans, it's about backing the team. 

There aren't many 'ends' in Europe that are next to away fans. 

And just to re-answer this question 

I originally got a ST in L Block because it was the only place you could stand unhindered all game 

Football is to be watched standing up imo 

I joined this forum (I think) on the back of Mandaric taking over. We played Cov at home (Danny Cadamaterri) The club had allowed a singing section along a whole strip front to back of the other side of the away fans to L. It was a brilliant atmosphere. L one side, this other section the other. 

The club put a stop to it after that (or one more game) and made it STH only. So I joined L block 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

And just to re-answer this question 

I originally got a ST in L Block because it was the only place you could stand unhindered all game 

Football is to be watched standing up imo 

Fair enough. 

I stand all game at the back of sk1 as does everyone. 

I'm just angry at the situation we are in and to be honest I'm coming to terms with the fact I'm close to giving my St up after 15 years. 

Comes a point where people need to accept they only keep going through addiction and some  sense of anxiety of losing access. 

The place needs fresh fans. 

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Fair enough. 

I stand all game at the back of sk1 as does everyone. 

I'm just angry at the situation we are in and to be honest I'm coming to terms with the fact I'm close to giving my St up after 15 years. 

Comes a point where people need to accept they only keep going through addiction and some  sense of anxiety of losing access. 

The place needs fresh fans. 

I was going to like your comment but the last sentence stopped me from doing so. I think it’s quite the opposite. It needs the older fan who knows what it takes to create the atmosphere, not the Snapchat Story fans who go purely for that reason it seems 

45 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Comes a point where you have to accept that the product being offered isn't one you want to buy. 

Thats where I'm at now. 

The club don't want my version of support and neither do the majority of our fans. 

Interest is lost 

It’s a rubbish feeling I get it also.

If it wasn’t for the group and that brings I to would have binned it.

4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I was going to like your comment but the last sentence stopped me from doing so. I think it’s quite the opposite. It needs the older fan who knows what it takes to create the atmosphere, not the Snapchat Story fans who go purely for that reason it seems 

2 of the 'new 'fans near me sit on their ipads with headphones on during the game. (middle of sk3)  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2