Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

26 minutes ago, NasPb said:

It's genuinely sad that our away support is better than our home support also... If there's no singing section at the psv game protests are needed. Enough is enough. The soul is being ripped out of the culture of this club 

Couldn't agree more but do doubt the number of fans it'd attract as you'd need a sizable number to stand up and say 'enough'. It'd also have to me a sizeable  protest i.e a walkout or staying in the concourse for a period of time (circa Arsenal away). Do people really think there's enough interest in this?

The club's management deciding to not do a singing section for this game is a sad reflection of their thoughts towards the match going fan. 

37 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

What should be the vibe in the family end has for some reason moved all around the ground. 

Have that family vibe in the family end, great, but let the other parts of the ground be a football following. 

That’s a great point. The whole stadium is a family stand.

What can we all do to get these points across to the club?

In my opinion emails do very little unless it’s constant & from loads of people- plus all we get back is an open ended reply that answers nothing and leaves us asking more questions. 

I’m open to anything- but like others have said we need a good amount of people involved. 

Like everyone on here, i’m just not enjoying anything about the match day experience currently- and that’s been that way for far too long. 

We need change. 

• Like 4

The weirdest thing is the club would only benefit from a better atmosphere. I wonder how many complaints about goal music they've had? Must be in the hundreds, if not thousands, yet they're constantly "reviewing it". 

The rationale behind goal music at the FCC meeting was "look at everybody jumping up and down to the goal music after we've just scored!", they're much more inclined to choose doing nothing over something with the atmosphere in the ground on just about every issue.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, a protest is probably the only way we’ll be able to change things but then you’ve got to think the club being the way they are will see a protest and make things even worse for us. Shit situation.

1 hour ago, NasPb said:

This is what we should do after every goal, sounds much better than stupid washed out pop music 

Havnt we tried something shit like that before. I'm sure I remember it when Ian Hume scored. Garbage. What's wrong with a normal goal celebration. 

29 minutes ago, adam said:

Havnt we tried something shit like that before. I'm sure I remember it when Ian Hume scored. Garbage. What's wrong with a normal goal celebration. 

Not quite the same thing really. Hume's chant just happened to be "HUUUUUUUUME" and the stadium announcer started timing his announcement of "Number 7, Iain..." to coincide with it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, adam said:

I'm not a massive fan of it either but if we must have something for the kiddies and the families this is much better than goal music 

A couple of clear examples in this thread of just one of the reasons why the atmosphere is getting worse. How many people on here have said they or their mates are STH's and then have said they've been to maybe one or two games this year? It seems there's a good percentage of fans who have a ST, don't want to go to games but then don't want to give them up as they don't want to lose the option. There's people who want to be STH's and would go every game and probably give more towards the atmosphere than the odd day tripper these current absent STH's are probably selling their ticket on to.

A second thing the club needs to sort out, as of tomorrow the Palace game will have been on sale to members for 2 weeks, with no option for general sale. Back in the day me and my mates would go on the off chance we could get a ticket general sale and we'd sing the whole game. How many fans like that can no longer go because you all have to individually commit to a membership to get a chance of the odd ticket. The casual fan is no more in football or at least for definite in Leicester. It's becoming more and more of a closed shop - let's hope the expansion puts paid to that and we get a good section of tickets on general sale or open up some more ST's to people willing to go to every game.

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, NasPb said:

This is what we should do after every goal, sounds much better than stupid washed out pop music 

It's worse.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Stadt said:

The weirdest thing is the club would only benefit from a better atmosphere. I wonder how many complaints about goal music they've had? Must be in the hundreds, if not thousands, yet they're constantly "reviewing it". 

The rationale behind goal music at the FCC meeting was "look at everybody jumping up and down to the goal music after we've just scored!", they're much more inclined to choose doing nothing over something with the atmosphere in the ground on just about every issue.

Theyve not had that many is the honest answer.

1 hour ago, Vestan Pance said:

I know I'm repeating myself over and over again but I feel it's still worth saying. Why not make the 'Kop' (laughable title) full price tickets only? After all that's the way it was at Filbert Street. Kids and OAPs can buy tickets in there but at full price, I'm fed up with everywhere being a King Power Football World family section.

My season ticket isn't in the Kop as I moved to a corner several seasons ago for a better view and, if I'm honest, not getting any younger so don't add much to the atmosphere (although I do still join in with the songs from a seated position and leap out of my seat for goals). Are the Flask Mob still in abundance in the 'Kop'? I agree with the suggestion to make it full adult price (at least SK2 and SK3) but wonder how many concessions still frequent that area and how much fallout the club would receive :dunno:

It needs a rebrand with the Kop name being removed (we left that behind at Filbo). I much prefer the original name, the Fosse Stand or End, or even name it after a player like other clubs do.

I'm not sure if this has become a Foxestalk echo chamber (do the club read it or even aware of its existance?) and the majority of our fan base just like it as it is. I hardly get to talk to fellow STH's pre-match as the shite music makes it impossible. 

Seems that we are pretty much powerless. 

• Like 2

I don't buy this notion that it's 'games gone' everywhere. I don't see these issues at some other clubs. I think it's the fact it hasn't gone at some others that keeps me interested but my god it's hard work. Think I'm gonna start sacking off a few more of these home games though. I'll be honest I've been very close to not going despite having a ticket a good 6/7 times this season.

given Brendan spoke glowingly of the atmosphere in Rennes maybe he should walk into Susan Whelan's office and ask why the club aren't doing everything in their power to create similar here? The reality is the club management don't want it

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 2

Can't think of any reason for no section at the PSV game. This is a tournament we were never in so nobody has pre bought tickets or has any right to seats as per season tickets - Questions need answering again as there was no trouble or issues at the Rennes game so makes zero sense

• Like 3