Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

3 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Can't think of any reason for no section at the PSV game. This is a tournament we were never in so nobody has pre bought tickets or has any right to seats as per season tickets - Questions need answering again as there was no trouble or issues at the Rennes game so makes zero sense

Sure when I got tickets earlier it said there was a singing section?

2 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

A couple of clear examples in this thread of just one of the reasons why the atmosphere is getting worse. How many people on here have said they or their mates are STH's and then have said they've been to maybe one or two games this year? It seems there's a good percentage of fans who have a ST, don't want to go to games but then don't want to give them up as they don't want to lose the option. There's people who want to be STH's and would go every game and probably give more towards the atmosphere than the odd day tripper these current absent STH's are probably selling their ticket on to.

A second thing the club needs to sort out, as of tomorrow the Palace game will have been on sale to members for 2 weeks, with no option for general sale. Back in the day me and my mates would go on the off chance we could get a ticket general sale and we'd sing the whole game. How many fans like that can no longer go because you all have to individually commit to a membership to get a chance of the odd ticket. The casual fan is no more in football or at least for definite in Leicester. It's becoming more and more of a closed shop - let's hope the expansion puts paid to that and we get a good section of tickets on general sale or open up some more ST's to people willing to go to every game.

Whilst I agree with the first point in some ways (I give my st away regularly due to where I live now), how long before the new season ticket holders realise the home match experience is poor and give up and become apathetic like current season ticket holders. A change of match day experience is needed not new fans. Bin clappers, bin the greatest showman and uptown funk, bin the goal music and have a full time dedicated singing section. Oh and swap the kop and the family stand whilst we’re at it 🤪

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

It feels like football games are a massive inconvenience to about 90% of those that attend. 

L1 was unbelievably quiet today. There was about 20 lads at the top of the family stand that made a more noise. 

...have those supporters sitting there not singing come to watch a game, without needing to feel guilty that they are not belting out chants!!!

For some I would think coming to watch a game of football in this manner is what they need from the hubbub of their life, which means it is evidenced in their choice of seats, and the people around them.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

And just to re-answer this question 

I originally got a ST in L Block because it was the only place you could stand unhindered all game 

Football is to be watched standing up imo 

I joined this forum (I think) on the back of Mandaric taking over. We played Cov at home (Danny Cadamaterri) The club had allowed a singing section along a whole strip front to back of the other side of the away fans to L. It was a brilliant atmosphere. L one side, this other section the other. 

The club put a stop to it after that (or one more game) and made it STH only. So I joined L block 

They allowed this a few seasons back too and the section gradually grew and became quite large and vocal. As you said, with l1 the other side of the away fans it made the atmosphere really good. They then changed the family stand rules at the end of the season and the section died. However haven’t they changed the rules again and now there’s a section starting to build again there?

2 hours ago, LC1884FC said:

I've done some digging into email address at the club, basically it's [email protected] . Jim's still the SLO and there's a lady called Louise who works with him, she was at the FCC. Mate of mine said there were two chaps called Anthony at the FCC as well so they're involved to some degree in this kind of stuff, looking at the website they're the Ops Manager and the Comms manager so there's a good chance they're involved. 

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected] 

[email protected]

Its so bad at the moment. East stand Saturday was a joke, just kids stood around on their phones. The lads in there that used to get stuff going have all either stopped going completely or just hand their st round to whoever wants it for that match with no intention of trying to sing up. About done with it myself. Then the club get the players to trot out the usual crap about the support being fantastic. It's a theme park with a football game going on in the middle at the moment. 

I wouldn't even bother emailing Jim or Louise, whilst they're nice enough people, they're ultimately the people who pass on the messages from above. 

The only other person worth including is Paul Cook who is the Health & Safety Officer and unfortunately a decision maker.

1 hour ago, K1FOX said:

The point is there should be sections of the ground to do exactly this but there should be at least one end where people who want to create an atmosphere can congregate. Currently there are people like yourself scattered everywhere and it means that even those who do not want to watch the game like that have no choice.

We're probably getting to the point where there won't be enough singers left to even attempt a move-around. 

Those in charge clearly don't understand the importance and the tradition of singing to the club's culture and football culture and are paying lip service to it with singing sections in games that they know won't sell out.

This is our club and IMO they have no business having anything to do with the pre-match/goal music/post match or the atmosphere, they should leave it alone and stop the manipulation.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 3

I know the culture is different over here to France, but Rennes ground pretty much onpar with the KP and proper atmosphere around the ground. The only proper solution would be to relocate all singers to section between sk1-sk4 top 7-8 rows. That would hopefully filter down to those that don't sing..

I do now think the clappers should be kept for kids areas or on entry. They do noticiably spoil most chants...apart from a handful! 

Such a shame but glad people are trying like ufs

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I understand all the moans on here, but let's not get too carried away.   Otherwise it just becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.

All clubs have "ups and downs" where their support ebbs and flows, depending on various factors ... usually success on the field, but not necessarily just that.

The atmosphere at Filbo wasn't particularly good in the mid/late 70's, but picked up in the 1979-82 period.  It went downhill again in the late 80's, but improved dramatically in the early/mid 90's.  

Same at our new ground.   The first couple of years were pretty good, then it went downhill.  It was good again in the 2013-17 period, but has since gone downhill a bit since then.

At the moment, I think we're on a triple-whammy downer.    

1. This is our 8th successive year in the top flight, so maybe we're getting a bit complacent thinking we're an "established" Premier League side.  And have forgotten about the usual struggles of relegation and promotion that has defined us for nearly 140 years.

2. We have been pretty much mid table all season, going absolutely nowhere.   Once of the key elements of passion is chasing something (Championship title, Europe, Automatic promotion or Playoffs) or fighting against relegation.  Mid table nothingness is a graveyard for passion and atmosphere.

3. For much of this season, we have been playing the most boring, slow, sidewards, tedious football I can remember.   An absolute passion killer.

It's true what many have said ... the ultra loud music is terrible, the goal celebration and end-of-match music is unnecessary and annoying, and the clappers are frankly embarrasing ... but all this still doesn't mean it's a lost cause.   It can change.

This season's home game with Liverpool was a great atmosphere, and there was no official "singing section" for that.   It was just an uptempo important game, players giving it everything, and the crowd responding.   Man Utd at home early in the season was probably similar, although I've forgotten as that was so long ago!.  Also Rennes was pretty good too, by all accounts.   

PSV could also be a great atmosphere ... the players, and us fans, just have to make it happen.

If you're a bit disillusioned at the moment ... just stick with it.    It'll get better again again.

Ok let’s say I agree that all of these things are true hypothetically. PSV should then be absolutely rocking. But it’s still gonna be the same. 

4 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

A couple of clear examples in this thread of just one of the reasons why the atmosphere is getting worse. How many people on here have said they or their mates are STH's and then have said they've been to maybe one or two games this year? It seems there's a good percentage of fans who have a ST, don't want to go to games but then don't want to give them up as they don't want to lose the option. There's people who want to be STH's and would go every game and probably give more towards the atmosphere than the odd day tripper these current absent STH's are probably selling their ticket on to.

A second thing the club needs to sort out, as of tomorrow the Palace game will have been on sale to members for 2 weeks, with no option for general sale. Back in the day me and my mates would go on the off chance we could get a ticket general sale and we'd sing the whole game. How many fans like that can no longer go because you all have to individually commit to a membership to get a chance of the odd ticket. The casual fan is no more in football or at least for definite in Leicester. It's becoming more and more of a closed shop - let's hope the expansion puts paid to that and we get a good section of tickets on general sale or open up some more ST's to people willing to go to every game.

On the first point, not sure. You see loads of new faces at home games, and overhear people at away games saying ‘it’s my first away game since 2014’ etc. just look at the forum, consistent posters doling out their tickets for points. All these new lads have in common is they go mad filming themselves on their phones throwing beer whilst sitting on each other’s shoulders 

51 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

I wouldn't even bother emailing Jim or Louise, whilst they're nice enough people, they're ultimately the people who pass on the messages from above. 

The only other person worth including is Paul Cook who is the Health & Safety Officer and unfortunately a decision maker.

Health and safety officers say no to everything. It's their job. 

Somebody has to pull rank over H&S, set a policy and then say, make that safe. 

The only real DM is Top. Several short, concise amd polite emails to his assistant would presumably be summarised in a weekly report to him and as such, the idea of a passionate support is compatible with inclusivity will influence policy down there

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Health and safety officers say no to everything. It's their job. 

Somebody has to pull rank over H&S, set a policy and then say, make that safe. 

The only real DM is Top. Several short, concise amd polite emails to his assistant would presumably be summarised in a weekly report to him and as such, the idea of a passionate support is compatible with inclusivity will influence policy down there

Susan Whelan’s assistant is called Esther Walker. [email protected]

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

They allowed this a few seasons back too and the section gradually grew and became quite large and vocal. As you said, with l1 the other side of the away fans it made the atmosphere really good. They then changed the family stand rules at the end of the season and the section died. However haven’t they changed the rules again and now there’s a section starting to build again there?

I have no idea 

Have people thought about writing to Top? As ridiculous as it might sound, you’re clearly getting nowhere speaking to the people under him. If enough people wrote in to Top, surely you’d expect a few to make their way past his PA? 

I can imagine him being completely unaware of most of these going’s on, but could possibly be upset that so many fans are sick to death, whilst he’s blissfully unaware (and maybe out of touch)?

• Like 2

Only way Top would be made aware is if there was a protest at some point at a game where he was present. So he could see it first hand. No doubt he thinks everyone loves everything because the people working for him are making sure of that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Top loves clappers and they'll never be scrapped because of that. I'm not sure he's the one to be pushing for a designated standing/singing area lol

That’s the point- he doesn’t have to push. He’s in charge. The people who haven’t been listening would then be told what to do by himself

Its what I’d be doing anyway.

23 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I understand all the moans on here, but let's not get too carried away.   Otherwise it just becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.

All clubs have "ups and downs" where their support ebbs and flows, depending on various factors ... usually success on the field, but not necessarily just that.

The atmosphere at Filbo wasn't particularly good in the mid/late 70's, but picked up in the 1979-82 period.  It went downhill again in the late 80's, but improved dramatically in the early/mid 90's.  

Same at our new ground.   The first couple of years were pretty good, then it went downhill.  It was good again in the 2013-17 period, but has since gone downhill a bit since then.

At the moment, I think we're on a triple-whammy downer.    

1. This is our 8th successive year in the top flight, so maybe we're getting a bit complacent thinking we're an "established" Premier League side.  And have forgotten about the usual struggles of relegation and promotion that has defined us for nearly 140 years.

2. We have been pretty much mid table all season, going absolutely nowhere.   Once of the key elements of passion is chasing something (Championship title, Europe, Automatic promotion or Playoffs) or fighting against relegation.  Mid table nothingness is a graveyard for passion and atmosphere.

3. For much of this season, we have been playing the most boring, slow, sidewards, tedious football I can remember.   An absolute passion killer.

It's true what many have said ... the ultra loud music is terrible, the goal celebration and end-of-match music is unnecessary and annoying, and the clappers are frankly embarrasing ... but all this still doesn't mean it's a lost cause.   It can change.

This season's home game with Liverpool was a great atmosphere, and there was no official "singing section" for that.   It was just an uptempo important game, players giving it everything, and the crowd responding.   Man Utd at home early in the season was probably similar, although I've forgotten as that was so long ago!.  Also Rennes was pretty good too, by all accounts.   

PSV could also be a great atmosphere ... the players, and us fans, just have to make it happen.

If you're a bit disillusioned at the moment ... just stick with it.    It'll get better again again.

Some good points but let's not kid ourselves, our atmosphere since 17/18 till now has been awful especially at home 

• Like 1

It's that mid table nothing to play for season that is behind some of this malaise. 

Stoke City had something similar - and I'm not comparing us as a club, perhaps not a great example. However, they had a few successful (by their standards) seasons when their support was lauded as the best. But it seemed they couldn't maintain the enthusiasm and passion following constant mid table nothingness, eventually just seemed to get bored and ultimately fell apart. 

I think with this season being the dullest since we returned to the Premier League on the back of covid has not helped. We took a body blow that night when Fofana got injured and we've never really picked up with the constant round of injured players. It's been tiring. 

We need a dose of enthusiasm from somewhere to get us going again. 

• Like 2

UFS Tifo saying . 

TOP,  Rail seating. If there are two things worse than sitting when you like standing or standing when you like sitting, They are

1) postural peer pressure and

2) yo´yoing up and down all game  cus some knob infront of you is on speed or some moaning twit behind you has sciatica. Give us Rail seating

Edit already regretting this post....... but the other idea was donning industrial ear protectors for goals 

Edited by He aint bald

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Stoke City had something similar - and I'm not comparing us as a club, perhaps not a great example. However, they had a few successful (by their standards) seasons when their support was lauded as the best. But it seemed they couldn't maintain the enthusiasm and passion following constant mid table nothingness, eventually just seemed to get bored and ultimately fell apart. 

With respect, I think it's a very good comparison.

The average football fan would see us and Stoke (along with a few other clubs like West Brom, Birmingham, Forest, Derby, Cov) as similar-ish sized Midlands clubs, who generally haven't done too much ... but have had the odd good spell (obviously "good" being a relative term).

Over the last few decades, Stoke's support has varied from abysmal to brilliant, and all shades in between.    As you correctly say, it was great for their first few years in the Premier League ... after the b'stards relegated us in 2008 ... but then drifted off into mid table nothing, until finally getting relegated.

• Like 1