Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

56 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I sometimes have cringeworthy flashbacks to the Sir Winston Birchenall speech before the Man City home game when we were relegated from the PL in 2004. :facepalm:

As over the top as it was, the game is losing characters and moments like that!

It still makes me smile anyway, especially as we still went down lol

• Like 1

If they insist on goal music, it would be better if they personalised it.

The Darts theme when Maddison scores, Star Man when Tielemans scores, Joy Division for Barnes etc.

For the record, I am not a fan in anyway of goal music, but if they could relate it to a players song then it might get the crowd going after.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

The Darts theme when Maddison scores, Star Man when Tielemans scores, Joy Division for Barnes etc.

For the record, I am not a fan in anyway of goal music, but if they could relate it to a players song then it might get the crowd going after.

What a superb idea. 

Far too involved for your average Leicester fan though. 

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

You need to remember the old European Cup in it's knock-out format was easier to win than the FA Cup. That's why you'll see the likes of Steaua Bucharest, Hamburg, Red Star Belgrade, PSV etc on the winners list. One of NottsF finals was against Malmo! It was a great competition to win in its day but no comparison to the modern day Champions League. A small club cannot win that. 

disagree one day a so called small club will win it

13 hours ago, NasPb said:

Seeing the two things  at once is like seeing a car driving with no wheels, it's embarrassing. I also hate when some sing along to the goal song even though it doesn't have true lyrics... Du du du.... So embarrassing man. 

...personally love the tune, it does have lyrics and you wonder exactly what others are hearing when the post are du du du as opposed to na na!!!

All about taste and what you have been  brought up on, perhaps a bit of Eddie Grant or even some UB40 (Sung to King):

Pep why are you still moaning now,

we are all in fear, so petrified. 

Oh please, loan us Foden now,

Please,  please don't let us down.

We all dream of the promise land,

entitlement seems to roam or lands.

we are not ready to accept less,

we need to remedy this situation now.

Refrain... 

17 hours ago, Asha said:

And I just had a horrible flashback to the relegation season, where for quite a few successive home games they went into the crowd to find a random person to read out the Leicester team. Jesus Christ that was bad.

To be fair Birch was probably busy introducing the new manager.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

As over the top as it was, the game is losing characters and moments like that!

It still makes me smile anyway, especially as we still went down lol

You can buy a large print from Getty for a mere £375, if you'd like to smile every day...

Screenshot_20220323-195642.png

• Haha 2

Also posted in the PSV UPDATE thread.

Not much to play for in the PL for the rest of the season, so I would suggest that at a set minute (eg 25) in the first half of a match @Union FS organise a throwing of clappers onto the edge of the pitch at the front of SK1 followed by a staged walk out to the SK1 concourse, they can then have 20 mins of singing and atmosphere down in the concourse before HT. Others from the kop and all other areas of the ground that feel the same way about this can join them at the same time by walking out to their concourses.

If there are a significant amount of empty seats around the ground midway through the first half it might get the message across.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Not much to play for in the PL for the rest of the season, so I would suggest that at a set minute (eg 25) in the first half of a match @Union FS organise a throwing of clappers onto the edge of the pitch at the front of SK1 followed by a staged walk out to the SK1 concourse, they can then have 20 mins of singing and atmosphere down in the concourse before HT. Others from the kop and all other areas of the ground that feel the same way about this can join them at the same time by walking out to their concourses.

If there are a significant amount of empty seats around the ground midway through the first half it might get the message across.

....spending time reading this topic and I understand the sense of desolation, of people whose main gripe is the fact that they have not been heard!!!

In this moment of time, where issues are being vehemently fought not with words but guns and bombs, and we seek a public display of what could only be viewed as petty disobedience by littering the pitch with cardboard/plastic clappers. 

A public display such as that would be an affront to Top and what  he has sought to do for this club.

Many believe they have little control of the direction of the club and little opportunity of influencing decision that are taken that further alienates them.

I can only imagine how such a demonstration would be perceived by the media and it would make us seem small, petty and lacking any kind of awareness.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Some people's inability to separate "are owners" from the middle management of the club is astounding. 

*our

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....spending time reading this topic and I understand the sense of desolation, of people whose main gripe is the fact that they have not been heard!!!

In this moment of time, where issues are being vehemently fought not with words but guns and bombs, and we seek a public display of what could only be viewed as petty disobedience by littering the pitch with cardboard/plastic clappers. 

A public display such as that would be an affront to Top and what  he has sought to do for this club.

Many believe they have little control of the direction of the club and little opportunity of influencing decision that are taken that further alienates them.

I can only imagine how such a demonstration would be perceived by the media and it would make us seem small, petty and lacking any kind of awareness.

…bollocks!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I think a more powerful statement for the clappers would be just collecting them up and then take them down the bottom of the pitch, just upload them. 

Anything involving a throw etc ain’t helping anyone 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Believe or not but fans will be here much longer than Top will.

On 23/03/2022 at 10:55, Aus Fox said:

I noticed Man City sing a song to Joy Division (not sure who for) and when they beat Man Utd on TV other week Love Will Tear Us Apart was played after the final whistle so fans could carry on singing.

Sounded good tbf.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I noticed Man City sing a song to Joy Division (not sure who for) and when they beat Man Utd on TV other week Love Will Tear Us Apart was played after the final whistle so fans could carry on singing.

Sounded good tbf.

Yeah you’d thought the club would have pit bull playing pre or post match by now wouldnt you? 

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....yeah, and we could be in League 2!!!

No.

The club has existed since 1884 and has only played below the second tier once.

You are deluded if you think the owners "rescued us". We are the middle of the road up and down club we have always been.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah you’d thought the club would have pit bull playing pre or post match by now wouldnt you? 

Is that the song we play when we score? I genuinely don't know who pitbull are lol