Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The club often refer to Filbert Way on their twitter feed. 

True, largely in Europe when they legally have to though and the context is pretty clear here unless someone wants to correct me otherwise?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Is there another club that imposes restrictions like ours? A drum and banner :blink: Wtf, really. 

Are there any other premier league clubs who do massive tifos in England?

13 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The definition of madness is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results.

Your only way forward is to garner more support and develop weight of opinion. They'll keep ignoring you if you keep doing the same things.

I'm genuinely curious about what's not being said and what either side has to hide? Could be it the club think you say too much because the tone of comms when you don't get what you want is to kick off in public? Could it be that that they own the club and think comments such as 'filbert way' are unhelpful and the phrasing is often confrontational?

You've got to prove you're not a vocal minority.

Not sure the problem is calling the stadium by the wrong name. 

Edited by LC1884FC

16 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The definition of madness is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results.

Your only way forward is to garner more support and develop weight of opinion. They'll keep ignoring you if you keep doing the same things.

I'm genuinely curious about what's not being said and what either side has to hide? Could be it the club think you say too much because the tone of comms when you don't get what you want is to kick off in public? Could it be that that they own the club and think comments such as 'filbert way' are unhelpful and the phrasing is often confrontational?

You've got to prove you're not a vocal minority.

...I  think you may need to recheck this statement!!!

I agree that there is a mood which comes with this  discussion.

At the start of this topic you come into it open minded but as you go read through it, you can see why the club would choose to dig in, as opposed to give any air to the conversation. Too much belligerence and at times petty attitudes, it only serves to put off people who would agree to the requested changes, but certain comments on here only seeks to turn people off.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  think you may need to recheck this statement!!!

I agree that there is a mood which comes with this  discussion.

At the start of this topic you come into it open minded but as you go read through it, you can see why the club would choose to dig in, as opposed to give any air to the conversation. Too much belligerence and at times petty attitudes, it only serves to put off people who would agree to the requested changes, but certain comments on here only seeks to turn people off.

You're right I do! Hopefully you know what i meant 🤣

18 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Are there any other premier league clubs who do massive tifos in England?

Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham, Villa, Palace, Newcastle, Watford Norwich. 

And if you knew the hoops we have to go through to put a tifo on, you wouldn't be using that as a point to defend the club, but again you're talking on a subject that you evidently know little about. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham, Villa, Palace, Newcastle, Watford Norwich. 

And if you knew the hoops we have to go through to put a tifo on, you wouldn't be using that as a point to defend the club lol 

Just saying I think the club are more collaborative than you make out - are those tifos club led or fan led? What hoops do they have to jump through? 

What about the clubs that don't allow them?

It's feels so one sided and made out that the club are blockers who would prefer no atmosphere in the ground that that I can understand some of the clubs frustration.

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Just saying I think the club are more collaborative than you make out - are those tifos club led or fan led? What hoops do they have to jump through? 

What about the clubs that don't allow them?

It's feels so one sided and made out that the club are blockers who would prefer no atmosphere in the ground that that I can understand some of the clubs frustration.

I'm not going to spell it all out on here, partly because of the club's "confidentiality" stance but mainly because I can't be arsed. You're talking to us like we're kids mate. Countless approaches have been tried with this lot,it has improved recently from their side but it's still way off. 

30 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Sigh, you all make it sound so easy...

- The idea that UFS do bugger all beyond posing with online statements is so wide of the mark it's untrue. That said, it was only a UFS statement that forced an apology from the club to the fans over the Cup Final travel scandal...

- Likewise, the belief that UFS kick off publicly any time the club say no to them is also completely wrong. It's only ever a last resort. The frontline people who have to deal with some of the club's nonsense regularly (I'm not among them) must have the patience of saints.

- Group members frequently go on Radio Leicester to discuss supporter issues, charity drives etc. Likewise, they've gladly talked to the Merc in the past. If they were doing this constantly without good reason I've no doubt people would be giving them grief for being attention-seekers or acting like 'Super Fans' or whatever. Probably rightly so.

- The club can get very, very pissy over anything they believe shouldn't be in the public domain, even if people privy to those conversations would believe it was in the wider fanbase's interests to know about it. As with any relationship with a business (as so many on here are so keen to see the football club they support), trust and confidentiality is key - even if what you're hearing from the other end is so gobsmackingly absurd you want to blurt it out to everyone on here and elsewhere.

- Not everyone wants their face plastered everywhere online, especially given known group members have received abuse from fellow fans in the past. Not sure giving them a bit of privacy in group photos is the worst thing in the world? Besides, if you're that arsed about knowing who they are then everyone knows where they stand at games? Go and have a chat with them.

- UFS did publish a songbook (traditional and new chants) online but had to take it down for a reason that escapes me. Putting it back up may well be a decent idea.

- The idea that we just get a direct line to Top and this issue all goes away is frankly pissing in the wind. How exactly do you achieve that, by the way? It really ain't as simple as walking up to him and giving him a piece of paper. If it were, fans would be doing that every game for all sorts of reasons.

That sounds like great work, thanks for all you do. Why don’t you be proactive instead of reactive to peoples comments on here in pointing that out. Don’t think many fans would disagree 

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

That sounds like great work, thanks for all you do. Why don’t you be proactive instead of reactive to peoples comments on here in pointing that out. Don’t think many fans would disagree 

A couple of reasons really:

1) It would probably come across as attention-seeking if people involved were just to start posting stuff like this off the cuff - and that would certainly be bad for relations with the club.

2) The group can only ever know what other fans think of them when they tell them, I guess? I'd only ever post on here about UFS matters to clear up serious misconceptions or inaccuracies alleged by other fans.

• Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
39 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Sigh, you all make it sound so easy...

- The idea that UFS do bugger all beyond posing with online statements is so wide of the mark it's untrue. That said, it was only a UFS statement that forced an apology from the club to the fans over the Cup Final travel scandal...

- Likewise, the belief that UFS kick off publicly any time the club say no to them is also completely wrong. It's only ever a last resort. The frontline people who have to deal with some of the club's nonsense regularly (I'm not among them) must have the patience of saints.

- Group members frequently go on Radio Leicester to discuss supporter issues, charity drives etc. Likewise, they've gladly talked to the Merc in the past. If they were doing this constantly without good reason I've no doubt people would be giving them grief for being attention-seekers or acting like 'Super Fans' or whatever. Probably rightly so.

- The club can get very, very pissy over anything they believe shouldn't be in the public domain, even if people privy to those conversations would believe it was in the wider fanbase's interests to know about it. As with any relationship with a business (as so many on here are so keen to see the football club they support), trust and confidentiality is key - even if what you're hearing from the other end is so gobsmackingly absurd you want to blurt it out to everyone on here and elsewhere.

- Not everyone wants their face plastered everywhere online, especially given known group members have received abuse from fellow fans in the past. Not sure giving them a bit of privacy in group photos is the worst thing in the world? Besides, if you're that arsed about knowing who they are then everyone knows where they stand at games? Go and have a chat with them.

- UFS did publish a songbook (traditional and new chants) online but had to take it down for a reason that escapes me. Putting it back up may well be a decent idea.

- The idea that we just get a direct line to Top and this issue all goes away is frankly pissing in the wind. How exactly do you achieve that, by the way? It really ain't as simple as walking up to him and giving him a piece of paper. If it were, fans would be doing that every game for all sorts of reasons.

Not saying it's easy at all by the way, just saying there's a better way - and fair play to you, there's more openess in your last two posts than in anything I've seen previously. On the Mercury and radio leicester stuff has anything been done recently?

Discussion and getting more people on board is the only way youll make the club listen so not sure what there is to achieve by saying 'I can't be arsed to explain' as other posters have.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not saying it's easy at all by the way, just saying there's a better way - and fair play to you, there's more openess in your last two posts than in anything I've seen previously. On the Mercury and radio leicester stuff has anything been done recently?

Discussion and getting more people on board is the only way youll make the club listen so not sure what there is to achieve by saying 'I can't be arsed to explain' as other posters have.

Yeah, someone from the group was on Radio Leicester a few weeks ago promoting the annual foodbank.

The group are always up for talking to anyone who wants to talk to them. As has been mentioned though, their merch stall has now been taken away by the club, but when it was going that was a great forum for people to come up and discuss any issues they had in person.

26 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If anybody wants a practical example of the kind of thing that's cropped up in discussions with the club...

It had to be explained to them that a banner reading 'Football Played The Fosse Way' was not a criticism of the style of football being played on the pitch at the time, but rather a reference to the Roman road upon which Leicester was built.

...you could see how that statement could be read in a similar context!!!

The statement itself does  not make sense. 

There are obviously a lot that we are not aware of going on between yourselves and the club, information that we are not privy to. It his hard to understand or resolve a problem when things are so close to each of our chest.

We all want a positive atmosphere on and off the pitch, but we need to be working as a forum collaboratively and finding better ways to get to where we want to go, without pulling each other down. 

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you could see how that statement could be read in a similar context!!!

The statement itself does  not make sense. 

There are obviously a lot that we are not aware of going on between yourselves and the club, information that we are not privy to. It his hard to understand or resolve a problem when things are so close to each of our chest.

We all want a positive atmosphere on and off the pitch, but we need to be working as a forum collaboratively and finding better ways to get to where we want to go, without pulling each other down. 

Yeah, because us fans are always referring to wanting to see football played "the Fosse Way" aren't we? lol

It's just a little play on words pal, a nod to the club and city's history. You'd have to be seriously paranoid to think it was anything other than that.

• Like 1

Have Union FS considered approaching Radio Leicester and going on their Boot Room programme? Pretty sure they've got a fairly large audience of Leicester fans.

Would suspect that they would be interested in a chat. Would certainly fill a slot for them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, because us fans are always referring to wanting to see football played "the Fosse Way" aren't we? lol

It's just a little play on words pal, a nod to the club and city's history. You'd have to be seriously paranoid to think it was anything other than that.

Look at the likes of Spurs, Man United, West Ham etc. All clubs that strongly and passionately argue their team should play in a certain "way". Surely you can forgive the club for thinking it's a dig at the current playstyle given other clubs supporters are so vocal?

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Look at the likes of Spurs, Man United, West Ham etc. All clubs that strongly and passionately argue their team should play in a certain "way". Surely you can forgive the club for thinking it's a dig at the current playstyle given other clubs supporters are so vocal?

Come on now, who in our fanbase has ever referred to thinking Leicester should play "The Fosse Way". I should also point out that it had to be explained to the same people exactly what the Fosse Way is/was.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Have Union FS considered approaching Radio Leicester and going on their Boot Room programme? Pretty sure they've got a fairly large audience of Leicester fans.

Would suspect that they would be interested in a chat. Would certainly fill a slot for them.

Has been considered but a lot of the stuff that would they would want to speak about we've been asked to keep "confidential" by the club.