Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

49 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Getting out-sung for 90mins even when we are 4-0 up, sums about the matchday atmosphere. Abysmal. The away fans even joined in when the goal music came on, and were pretty much non-stop all game. Absolute class.

Trouble is ... you're not comparing like with like.

We're on a downer, as we've just been knocked out of the Europa League, and been playing some of the most boring turgid football in recent years.

Newcastle are currently shit, and they know it.   But they're on a high, as they know the good times are comining.   They've got 100's of millions of £s coming there way ... and in 5-10 years will probably be on a par with Chelsea and Man City.    So a 4-0 drubbing doesn't bother them at all.

Edited by worth_the_wait

10 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

We're on a downer, as we've just been knocked out of the Europa League, and been playing some of the most boring turgid football in recent years.

Newcastle are currently shit, and they know it.   But they're on a high, as they know the good times are comining.   They've got 100's of millions of £s coming there way ... and in 5-10 years will probably be on a par with Chelsea and Man City.    So a 4-0 drubbing doesn't bother them at all.

Their fans would have been the same if they were rock bottom with Ashley still at the helm. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

By that very logic we’ve had back to back 5th place finishes, back-to-back European campaigns for the first time ever in our history(?), a stadium expansion around the corner … so why isn’t the KP bouncing???

Couple of things I’ve noticed post-lockdown that I hope are not here to stay:

1) We’re now getting frisked down at the entrance to L1 every match. I’ve been there since 2008 so why now do I need checking upon entry when I have never previously been?

2) No live playing of the post horn gallop - something that was truly unique and traditional for us

I highly suspect the club will use Covid to make both of these two things the norm, but interesting to hear that there are also harsher crowd control measures being implemented in SK1. Our club has to be one of the worst for showing an active distaste for a certain demographic of the supporter base.

As for the atmosphere, I think it’s a few things. We’ve seen such highs in recent years that it all feels a bit bland for your run of the mill Premier League fixtures. The performances of the team have been a bit languid. Areas that were previously loud have been infiltrated with those types referenced in here (want to stand in the ‘right area’ but spend the game on their phone). And, finally, our chant book has become horrendous - ‘Vichai Had A Dream’ is one of the only popular chants in recent years and has now become a slow drone and, as much as Union FS do an incredible job, some of their chants are European style rip-offs that the majority are not going to join in with.

There’s only one solution. Safe-standing in the north stand and get SK1 and L1 together in there next to the away end.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

This reasoning makes no sense every time someone brings it up. It’s not as if our fans were any good 2 seasons ago when we were in the top 4 the majority of the season. 

No excuse for the club not to cater for safe standing and fans that want to stand and sing when this expansion happens. From what a couple of people have said they aren’t really looking at actively doing this however. We have to make our voices heard somehow because this period will define what happens at our club for the distant future. 

• Like 1

What we need is a fans group who the club will listen too. Look at Man Utd biggest club in the world with millions of fans yet their most hardcore fans had their voices heard the last couple of years in regards to them being unhappy. 

People act like King Power are untouchable and we should be worshiping them forevermore but hear me out on this. I feel like we’ve sold our soul for success. We’ve took the money and sold out. I understand football is all about money these days and we need it but at what price ? Football in general success comes down to the fans. Fans made the clubs what they are. Was a working class sport for working class people now it’s all effing corporate and American style entertainment sadly creeping in and the club our the worst for it. Tops isn’t the problem for me, my problem is the people who run the club on a day to day basic. They want that American type atmosphere with no swearing and plenty of families in replica shirts on fan cam dancing along to goal music. Middle class people have more money to spend. They didn’t even give 2 shits about the 25 fans who went to Russia ffs !!! Doesn’t fit the clubs agenda. When you was a kid at filbert st you learnt the songs and the atmosphere is what drawn you in for most of us. The kids nowadays especially the teenagers spend half the game sat down on their phones or in silents banging a effing piece of cardboard and not singing a word. When we went Elland road last month, their home crowd was awesome. That’s what home support should be like. 

In closing we really need a fans group, a group who can speak to the club and have our opinions heard. A group who can put pressure on the club to say get rid of that stupid music before kick off. Get rid of goal music it’s embarrassing. Keep the clappers in the family stand if you must. Get rid of them bellends showsec. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

The Newcastle fans outsang us all game when we beat them 5-0 at home in 2019.

And life was pretty damn good as a Leicester supporter back then. 

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Their fans would have been the same if they were rock bottom with Ashley still at the helm. 

The 5-0 game last with fans in the stadium they took half their away allocation. Rafa first game when Shinji scored a overhead kick they brought 1500. Don’t be fooled by them. They aren’t as well supported as they make on. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

The 5-0 game last with fans in the stadium they took half their away allocation. Rafa first game when Shinji scored a overhead kick they brought 1500. Don’t be fooled by them. They aren’t as well supported as they make on. 

And they sang all game during that 5-0 beating. 

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

And they sang all game during that 5-0 beating. 

Because they probably expected it and the sky cameras where there. Remember when we beat them 3-0 under Pearson. When they didn’t expect to lose to us ? Definitely wasn’t singing that day and celebrating losing at full time. Don’t be fooled by them. Biggest blaggers going. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

What we need is a fans group who the club will listen too. Look at Man Utd biggest club in the world with millions of fans yet their most hardcore fans had their voices heard the last couple of years in regards to them being unhappy. 

People act like King Power are untouchable and we should be worshiping them forevermore but hear me out on this. I feel like we’ve sold our soul for success. We’ve took the money and sold out. I understand football is all about money these days and we need it but at what price ? Football in general success comes down to the fans. Fans made the clubs what they are. Was a working class sport for working class people now it’s all effing corporate and American style entertainment sadly creeping in and the club our the worst for it. Tops isn’t the problem for me, my problem is the people who run the club on a day to day basic. They want that American type atmosphere with no swearing and plenty of families in replica shirts on fan cam dancing along to goal music. Middle class people have more money to spend. They didn’t even give 2 shits about the 25 fans who went to Russia ffs !!! Doesn’t fit the clubs agenda. When you was a kid at filbert st you learnt the songs and the atmosphere is what drawn you in for most of us. The kids nowadays especially the teenagers spend half the game sat down on their phones or in silents banging a effing piece of cardboard and not singing a word. When we went Elland road last month, their home crowd was awesome. That’s what home support should be like. 

In closing we really need a fans group, a group who can speak to the club and have our opinions heard. A group who can put pressure on the club to say get rid of that stupid music before kick off. Get rid of goal music it’s embarrassing. Keep the clappers in the family stand if you must. Get rid of them bellends showsec. 

I agree re: the creeping sanitised experience but we had hostile stewarding, loud music and such even back when Tim Davies was running things too. Then it got better, now we're headed back there.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Because they probably expected it and the sky cameras where there. Remember when we beat them 3-0 under Pearson. When they didn’t expect to lose to us ? Definitely wasn’t singing that day and celebrating losing at full time. Don’t be fooled by them. Biggest blaggers going. 

It shouldn’t matter how much camera attention the Newcastle fans think they’re going to get or whether they’re just after a certain type of attention or glory. We’re not there to listen to them or admire them.  

15 minutes ago, The_77 said:

It shouldn’t matter how much camera attention the Newcastle fans think they’re going to get or whether they’re just after a certain type of attention or glory. We’re not there to listen to them or admire them.  

No I agree with you but our atmosphere is shite. I’ve already posted on it. I just think the  Newcastle fans ain’t anything special either. 

Quite frankly our atmosphere is plastic, atrocious and embarrassing. 

Overheard our own fans slating the atmosphere today but yet, did not sing once. 

I genuinely don’t get why people turn up to sit in silence and moan all match. 

Possibly the worst home atmosphere in the league behind Everton. 

Even UFS sound like they can’t be arsed these days. 

Change the title post to Dull and unInteresting Football at the KP

Our fans have proved that if entertained they’ll respond.

You can’t expect them to respond like performing monkeys when for months we have been dished up boring football, even yesterday’s 4-0 wasn’t that exciting.

Silly to compare the diverse home support to the Newcastle hardcore that have spent hours on coaches building up  the passion and wedged in a corner as one unit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SK1 and L1 need to be more proactive.

Wait for a goal 'celebration' to die off, then sing about how shit goal music is. Go on, do it.

You lot come on here moaning after every game, but it's easy for the suits in the board room to ignore words on a screen. Loudly chanting 'goal music is f**king sh*t' on games broadcast live around the world after the fact, again and again when we score, would be far harder to ignore.

I know there are UFS lads on here and plenty from L1 too. Stop moaning and do something about it in a way that might get noticed. You want a real atmosphere. Fight for it.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 3

There was a guy in front of me, few seats down who kept moaning about the support and getting annoyed at it in first half. Newcastle would sing 'your support is fvcking shit'. Standard usual chant. He would be like 'see, even they're singing it!'

Then every so often he'd shout 'CHAMPIONS!!' randomly. 

Would he get going when other chants did start? Nope! 

Then he left before HT :blink:

5 hours ago, BlueBoy1 said:

Quite frankly our atmosphere is plastic, atrocious and embarrassing. 

Overheard our own fans slating the atmosphere today but yet, did not sing once. 

I genuinely don’t get why people turn up to sit in silence and moan all match. 

Possibly the worst home atmosphere in the league behind Everton. 

Even UFS sound like they can’t be arsed these days. 

Maybe because they get little or no support from the rest. No wonder they're getting pissed off.

• Like 1