Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

42 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

The small safe standing section made no noise at all, l was fairly close. 

The home end was so full of day trippers, Northern Irish etc. Even a group from Iceland were present.

Granted, they have a hardcore of local Mancunians, but probably not many more than we do from Leicester. 

Yep, just more proof that safe standing makes lino difference if the fans can't be arsed to sing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

The small safe standing section made no noise at all, l was fairly close. 

The home end was so full of day trippers, Northern Irish etc. Even a group from Iceland were present.

Granted, they have a hardcore of local Mancunians, but probably not many more than we do from Leicester. 

Seemed like they tried. But like I say opposite corners of the ground. And we have the same issue at the KP.

as for day trippers don't get me started. I wss at rhe holiday inn manchester east about as far away as you can get without being in Sheffield and this mornings breakfast was like a old Trafford mega store shag fest. That including some half and half ***** clearly taking a point off the big dogs at home is worthy of remembering you where there with a scarf and date just incase you forget lol

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sounded the best we have done on TV in a long time 

Half 5s are a godsend. We have been absolutely shafted with kick off times this season even on top of the usual you get for being in the Europa League. That was far more like it.

• Like 3

On 02/04/2022 at 21:22, Stuntman_Mike said:

Wasn't too bad today.

People slate our atmosphere, and I understand the need for improvement but that Old Trafford crowd today was worse than anything we've produced this season imo.

....listened to Man. United when they came to us and they never stopped singing all game!!!

You just feel that away fans feel the need to represent their club, and as they are in the minority in these cases, they go over and above.

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Proof that goal music ruins the atmosphere. 

Is that proof? I'd say that looks like a good atmosphere.

The trouble with goal music is that when it stops it's like a cue to sit down. But i'd say it enhances initial celebrations.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Is that proof? I'd say that looks like a good atmosphere.

The trouble with goal music is that when it stops it's like a cue to sit down. But i'd say it enhances initial celebrations.

So yes, it is proof then.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

So yes, it is proof then.

The music is still playing in that video. That video only shows a great atmosphere.

Proof would be continual recording up to about 30 seconds or so after the music has stopped and it's bums on seats time for the majority of the ground.

• Like 1

“With the first leg of the tie being at home, it’s important we play with that tempo, quality and intensity – and that’s something the supporters can really help us with," said boss Brendan Rodgers.

"It should be a very good game, we’re focused on our performance.”

19 hours ago, AKCJ said:

The music is still playing in that video. That video only shows a great atmosphere.

Proof would be continual recording up to about 30 seconds or so after the music has stopped and it's bums on seats time for the majority of the ground.

You answered your own question, that was my point. 

16 hours ago, JaydenWhitworth said:

Here is an article I have written for the LeicestershirePress about the ways I think the atmosphere could be improved at the King Power Stadium. Share it about as much as possible and get involved with the poll and give your thoughts in the comment section. 

https://leicestershirepress.com/2022/04/06/improving-leicester-atmosphere/

That's a good article and covers the points being made by City fans all over social media. Will the club do anything about it? They must be very aware of the feelings and can't ignore it for much longer. We just have to hope that big changes are coming soon with the stadium revamp and configuration. :fc:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....in what is supposed to be an allseater, sitting down is the right thing  to do!!!

Who wants to have to be shouting at supporters infront of them to sit down, as they are unable to see the game. They have also paid for the experience and therefore should be able to watch the game without obstruction. 

Is this a joke?

• Haha 3

Forgot to come in this thread after the Man Utd game but got to say it was one of the ends I've enjoyed recently. Thought we were good for a lot of the game.

Looking forward to tonight, full house and potentially loud away end.