Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

3 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

As many have said, the opinions on atmosphere are really dependant on where you are in the stadium. SK1 was decent last night, couldn’t really hear the PSV fans much but that’s not unusual when you’re in an area that’s making some noise.

I’ve said before, and I’ll say it again, can’t understand for the life of me why our social media are hyping the game up as only our 2nd ever European QF game yet the club didn’t feel the need to mark the occasion with some kind of display, a club tifo, flags (like Atletico) …. Anything!! It genuinely feels like the club can’t be arsed with the competition!

Can’t chuck that one at the club. Not sure if you missed it but a few pages back it was mentioned they had allowed UFS to make a tifo. Frustratingly the materials did not all arrive in time to make it.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Winsum said:

Just watched the highlights of last nights game in Feyenoord .There is not a ground in the Premier League

to match the atmosphere. It shows what we will face next Thursday 

Feyenoord are a level above. Confident in saying PSV won't be in the same league.

10 hours ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

Weird, I sat right at the front in the west stand, and although there wasn't loads of singing immediately around us (there never is in the west stand, as far as I can tell) I would say the atmosphere overall was good - SK1 and L sounded great. PSV supporters were bloody loud as well. 

I have been to many league games where the support has been shamefully weak, especially this year, but I'm baffled by the comments about last night. Maybe its how sound travels? 

I though it was ok too, not as good as rennes but not as bad as some say. As others have said, I find you get a better feel for the atmosphere over in the main stand or family stand toward the gallery as you hear l1 and Sk1 and more of what’s going around the ground, in l1 you just hear l1 and the away fans, in sk1 you just hear sk1.

5 hours ago, promised land said:

We have the most varied songbook in England do we?

It is one of half a dozen generic English songs or it’s a group of fanscoming up with something new for one or two games that no one can understand the words to, then it gets dropped and never heard again.

At least we don’t do the ‘we love you,we love you’ crap anymore.

Furthermore one or 2 saying you couldn’t hear PSV in SK1, it must be how the stadiums designed as they were loud and clear in SK2.

The thing is that went right round the ground, the family stand and the main stand really joined in and it made noise in those areas. But because some are discerning about what we sing it wasn’t deemed good enough because palace sang it. Everything doesn’t have to be original, most football chants are copied from somewhere, they always have been. 

One thing I noticed in the main stand last night though is that there are people wanting to sing and a few brief chants started up, but the simpler the chant the easier it is to pick up and join in with. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, goody2028 said:

To be fair it is subjective. Depending on where you sit down there, I have a mate who sits further down the west stand and said it was awful. Then us in Sk1 thought it was half decent. 

In SK1 and didn’t think it was great at all considering it’s a European quarter final.

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Can’t chuck that one at the club. Not sure if you missed it but a few pages back it was mentioned they had allowed UFS to make a tifo. Frustratingly the materials did not all arrive in time to make it.

Ahhhh OK, fair enough. Didn’t spot the comment earlier.

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Having to listen on the radio today for various dull reasons and oh my lord does the goal music kill it. Much worse than you actually realise when your there.

39 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Might have lost it with the knobbers in L1 today. Was yelling Schemichel's name in the run up to the penalty (first one) on my own and folks around me looked at me like i was mental. I'm in my late 20s yet I feel like a yesterday man in this crowd, such is the disconnect between how I feel about backing the lads and the day trippers around me. I'm no ultra, but our support is genuinely cringeworthy, and deserving of the mockery it now gets.

Had to go down to the concourse for the retake, my blood was boiling that much. Might have made a bit of a twat of myself, but who could blame me? I was the only one yelling our keeper's name in our so-called 'end' ahead of a key part of the game, where he stood up and was counted, twice as it turns out despite us eventually conceding anyway.

Think I've had my fill of that part of the ground now. @Union FS any room at the back of SK1 for someone who actually wants to back our players when they need our support?

Figured the time away in Lockdown might have galvanised our support, but the decline is plain to see. It's been dreadful since I came back from Canada in October. I say unironically that the start-up fans in Hamilton make more of a din in a half-empty Canadian Football stadium than our supposed hardcore do these days.

Would be more than welcome mate, actual room to move your season ticket into is basically non existent but drop me a message. 

Same goes for anyone else who's fed up down that end of anywhere else for that matter

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Might have lost it with the knobbers in L1 today. Was yelling Schemichel's name in the run up to the penalty (first one) on my own and folks around me looked at me like i was mental. I'm in my late 20s yet I feel like a yesterday man in this crowd, such is the disconnect between how I feel about backing the lads and the day trippers around me. I'm no ultra, but our support is genuinely cringeworthy, and deserving of the mockery it now gets.

Had to go down to the concourse for the retake, my blood was boiling that much. Might have made a bit of a twat of myself, but who could blame me? I was the only one yelling our keeper's name in our so-called 'end' ahead of a key part of the game, where he stood up and was counted, twice as it turns out despite us eventually conceding anyway.

Think I've had my fill of that part of the ground now. @Union FS any room at the back of SK1 for someone who actually wants to back our players when they need our support?

Figured the time away in Lockdown might have galvanised our support, but the decline is plain to see. It's been dreadful since I came back from Canada in October. I say unironically that the start-up fans in Hamilton make more of a din in a half-empty Canadian Football stadium than our supposed hardcore do these days.

Had a similar feeling on Thursday, taking my son down Eastern Boulevard.

30 years ago there would be singing all the way down the road to the ground, more people singing than not. 

Total silence on Thursday night - and if I'd started a song I'd have been on my own, with a bunch of families and old people looking at me like I was a hooligan.

Edited by Bourbon Fox
  • Like 3