Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

On 21/03/2022 at 16:00, LC1884FC said:

I've done some digging into email address at the club, basically it's [email protected] . Jim's still the SLO and there's a lady called Louise who works with him, she was at the FCC. Mate of mine said there were two chaps called Anthony at the FCC as well so they're involved to some degree in this kind of stuff, looking at the website they're the Ops Manager and the Comms manager so there's a good chance they're involved. 

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected] 

[email protected]

Just to reflag these email addresses for people who are wanting to email the club. 

See them asked about a lot on most pages.

Edited by UniFox21

The club could setup a department specifically for the views expressed in this thread to engage with ufs and other like-minded fans. To look at the clubs heritage and how that can be showcased. Our history of fan culture and successful examples of how in present times it can thrive as is seen across the continent. Not least this season at the clubs we've played across Europe.

1 hour ago, MattFox said:

If the club are really concerned about atmosphere, why have they flooded SK1 with extra security this season ?

Seems more of an attempt to kill it 

Definitely seems that way.  As for 'reviewing' the situation if that's true it will just be lip service.

• Like 1

Chaps, I as many have been going down since the filbert Street days. 

This club does not care about atmosphere one bit, they want less trouble and bums in seats. 

What you all are striving for is long in the last I'm afraid. This has killed football in a major way for me. 

It's sterile, plastic, wallet watering football. 

I'm out. 

33 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I think the thing that surprises me more than the lack of atmosphere these days is the genuine lack of enthusiasm of people being there full stop. We win a game and when you walk out no one is even smiling, let alone singing a song lol it's just so strange 

Been a pretty boring season premier league wise. The football hasn't exactly been free flowing. 

8 hours ago, Jaspa said:

MotD2 even taking the piss out of us!

State.

What they have to say? 

Every club has sections of the ground which are quiet and not very boisterous but we have this around the whole stadium. Cannot put my finger on why our fan base is so different to most other clubs. Liverpool's away end for example yesterday, every person standing from row 1 and going for it, if that was us in the same situation guarantee you the usual first 3 rows would be sitting and so many would just not be interested. Question is why is our demographic so different?

10 hours ago, blueharmie said:

Chaps, I as many have been going down since the filbert Street days. 

This club does not care about atmosphere one bit, they want less trouble and bums in seats. 

What you all are striving for is long in the last I'm afraid. This has killed football in a major way for me. 

It's sterile, plastic, wallet watering football. 

I'm out. 

I am in b3.  There are some very elderly season ticket holders.   I am 62. I focus on watching the football.

I can see this is a problem...  need a quota for noisy fans.  The idea of a singing section is ignore byvthe club (wrongly)... it was great atvthe rennes game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jimmy said:

why are you letting the opinion of the tossers on TV bother you so much?

Probably because most TV shows exaggerate how good the support is, if they're actually criticising it then it must be really bad.

We do seem to be amongst the worst but there's barely a premiership match that has any decent atmosphere.

Its not just a Leicester problem it seems o be an English problem.  Just watch games from other countries the support is on another level.

I am in SK2 and am amazed at the people who are piling out of the ground five minutes before the end when

the team is under pressure and needs their support . We win a game the ground should be bouncing and two

minutes after the game finishes and the ground is half empty.Can’t be anywhere else in the league like this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Probably because most TV shows exaggerate how good the support is, if they're actually criticising it then it must be really bad.

We do seem to be amongst the worst but there's barely a premiership match that has any decent atmosphere.

Its not just a Leicester problem it seems o be an English problem.  Just watch games from other countries the support is on another level.

Who was criticising it? Watch MOTD and saw no reference to anything?

i went to the London stadium earlier in the season and the guy next to me was playing his Nintendo switch all game. Stadium empties out nearly 10 mins before the end of each half and in the game we saw most of the stadium had gone before seeing Noble miss a penalty against De Gea. Cost me £90 for a ticket and leaving the stadium a horrible experience. 

Safe standing should do a bit to change the situation, I hope. It'll have more of a gig atmosphere. 

Part of the problem is, and this goes for a number of stadiums, feeling squashed in. With the clappers and coats and seats, it's a squeeze. I'm not a big lad but if I feel a bit penned in then how does someone bigger feel? 

Can't sing your heart out if everyone around you is sat down and struggling to move.

• Like 1

The odd thing is, when the atmosphere is good it’s absolutely electric. The issue is it doesn’t happen often enough.

For about 15-20 minutes, the atmosphere was great yesterday. The rest of the game was totally flat. Even Rodgers tried getting the crowd going.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I think the thing that surprises me more than the lack of atmosphere these days is the genuine lack of enthusiasm of people being there full stop. We win a game and when you walk out no one is even smiling, let alone singing a song lol it's just so strange 

This is true. Generally, we just don’t have as many passionate fans that care as much as they do at other clubs. 

Palace were 2-1 down, yet it was our fans that were streaming towards the exits.

• Haha 1