Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

This is true. Generally, we just don’t have as many passionate fans that care as much as they do at other clubs. 

Palace were 2-1 down, yet it was our fans that were streaming towards the exits.

Truly believe at lest 75% of our fans only go to games for the 'day out'. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Might have lost it with the knobbers in L1 today. Was yelling Schemichel's name in the run up to the penalty (first one) on my own and folks around me looked at me like i was mental. I'm in my late 20s yet I feel like a yesterday man in this crowd, such is the disconnect between how I feel about backing the lads and the day trippers around me. I'm no ultra, but our support is genuinely cringeworthy, and deserving of the mockery it now gets.

Had to go down to the concourse for the retake, my blood was boiling that much. Might have made a bit of a twat of myself, but who could blame me? I was the only one yelling our keeper's name in our so-called 'end' ahead of a key part of the game, where he stood up and was counted, twice as it turns out despite us eventually conceding anyway.

Think I've had my fill of that part of the ground now. @Union FS any room at the back of SK1 for someone who actually wants to back our players when they need our support?

Figured the time away in Lockdown might have galvanised our support, but the decline is plain to see. It's been dreadful since I came back from Canada in October. I say unironically that the start-up fans in Hamilton make more of a din in a half-empty Canadian Football stadium than our supposed hardcore do these days.

Yea where I’m sat I’m defo the noisy one but there’s numerous times where I have to wind it in because I feel I might piss off ppl sat nearby.

Seriously considering moving to a more noisy part.

15 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

This is true. Generally, we just don’t have as many passionate fans that care as much as they do at other clubs. 

Palace were 2-1 down, yet it was our fans that were streaming towards the exits.

It's very strange to see people leaving even a couple minutes early considering our previous. It's a modern stadium takes no time at all to exit the stands, it's 10mins from the motorway ffs. What time are you all saving? 

I reckon one leaves and the other 5k get fomo.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

What they have to say? 

Every club has sections of the ground which are quiet and not very boisterous but we have this around the whole stadium. Cannot put my finger on why our fan base is so different to most other clubs. Liverpool's away end for example yesterday, every person standing from row 1 and going for it, if that was us in the same situation guarantee you the usual first 3 rows would be sitting and so many would just not be interested. Question is why is our demographic so different?

Pretty harsh, yesterday was a title decider and such a good game, of course their ultras will be loud, it’s the best Liverpool team in decades. When we won the title our ultras and away ends were loud, palace and Everton away spring to mind. Comparing ultras in like for like games only is fair 

3 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

It's very strange to see people leaving even a couple minutes early considering our previous. It's a modern stadium takes no time at all to exit the stands, it's 10mins from the motorway ffs. What time are you all saving? 

I reckon one leaves and the other 5k get fomo.

The traffic!!!!! I can’t possibly shave 5 mins of sitting on my arse at home watching Netflix to actually watch the full game. I’m far too busy and important

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamesp26 said:

Who was criticising it? Watch MOTD and saw no reference to anything?

i went to the London stadium earlier in the season and the guy next to me was playing his Nintendo switch all game. Stadium empties out nearly 10 mins before the end of each half and in the game we saw most of the stadium had gone before seeing Noble miss a penalty against De Gea. Cost me £90 for a ticket and leaving the stadium a horrible experience. 

55 minutes into last night's programme. It's at 2-1, commentator remarks the game has suddenly got "quite wild" as Palace win a corner, it then pans across one of our stands which is flat as ever and he remarks "it looks quite placid there, I can assure you it's not on the pitch", and play resumes from the corner.

50 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

A lot of them would have missed both our goals too because they have to be front of the queue for a balti pie and a pint.

9 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

A lot of them would have missed both our goals too because they have to be front of the queue for a balti pie and a pint.

Break in place for Mitchell's injury around 28 minutes saw droves head for their half-time drink 

If I need an emergency pee during the game, without fail, every time there are at least a couple of groups just watching the game with a pint on TV and must have been doing so for some time. 

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Break in place for Mitchell's injury around 28 minutes saw droves head for their half-time drink 

If I need an emergency pee during the game, without fail, every time there are at least a couple of groups just watching the game with a pint on TV and must have been doing so for some time. 

Aside from the family stand for evening games, the reason that people leave early is because they feel they have something better to be doing. Spin it any way you want but that's the crux of it. Tells you what you need to know. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think people like to get away quickly to avoid close proximity to lots of other moving, jostling human beings. 

Give it a couple of minutes after the game if you stay where you are and that ceases to be an issue - plus you got to watch the whole game.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think people like to get away quickly to avoid close proximity to lots of other moving, jostling human beings. 

If people don't like being in close proximity to other moving, jostling, human beings, I think football could be entirely the wrong past time for them! 

You basically spend the entire game sat on someones knee its so crammed in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Standing won't solve anything for us. 

A massive amount stand in SK1 and half of them do not utter a word.

This seems to be true at other grounds too, even those with safe standing.

It's not just the club want to suppress any rowdy behaviour its a cultural thing within English grounds, they just don't care about atmosphere, i don't know why this is but it certainly seems the vast majority feel that way...how do you change that?

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

There can't be many stadiums around where all the fans behind each goal are always sitting down.

Always looks crap on tv.:(

Weirdly this may be part of the problem. You watch highlights on the telly or whatever and any shots of our fans are boring people staring into space or banging clappers and that's what we are pictured as. When people get into the stands they are then subconsciously thinking this is what we are and what we do.

Flip that around and have a whole end who is passionate and singing and looking energetic and see that on the telly and next time you're there you think that's what you need to be doing or at least that's what you want to do. 

Fans and clubs handling of fans. Both not good enough.

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Standing won't solve anything for us. 

A massive amount stand in SK1 and half of them do not utter a word.

I agree, but if we did installed safe standing it would probably encourage movement around the ground and get like mind people in the right areas. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Which brings me onto one of my pet hates about it. 

A good chunk at the nearest stairwell to me, then go and stand next to the exit towards the stairwells leading to the concourse, collecting to create a pinch point 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Thought the fans were very good in the closing moments of the game.....those that were still there of course.

I completely get that nothing is more important than missing traffic.

That said quite how the police coordinate the traffic round the ground is beyond me. 1600 psv fans made them close a road and stop any access to car parks which was utter baffling. Will only get worse when the ground is expanded too.