Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

There was a guy in front of me, few seats down who kept moaning about the support and getting annoyed at it in first half. Newcastle would sing 'your support is fvcking shit'. Standard usual chant. He would be like 'see, even they're singing it!'

Then every so often he'd shout 'CHAMPIONS!!' randomly. 

Would he get going when other chants did start? Nope! 

Then he left before HT :blink:

Yeah, well I had some Christmas shopping to do. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Change the title post to Dull and unInteresting Football at the KP

Our fans have proved that if entertained they’ll respond.

You can’t expect them to respond like performing monkeys when for months we have been dished up boring football, even yesterday’s 4-0 wasn’t that exciting.

Silly to compare the diverse home support to the Newcastle hardcore that have spent hours on coaches building up  the passion and wedged in a corner as one unit.

That's too easy an excuse.  Our fanbase is just generally passive.

Putting fans on a coach for 3 hours doesn't make them loud, they just evidently get behind their team more.

Do you think our fans would be singing whilst 4-0 down at St James Park?

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

That's too easy an excuse.  Our fanbase is just generally passive.

Putting fans on a coach for 3 hours doesn't make them loud, they just evidently get behind their team more.

Do you think our fans would be singing whilst 4-0 down at St James Park?

Our fans were barely singing at 1-0 up at Villa Park. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

SK1 and L1 need to be more proactive.

Wait for a goal 'celebration' to die off, then sing about how shit goal music is. Go on, do it.

You lot come on here moaning after every game, but it's easy for the suits in the board room to ignore words on a screen. Loudly chanting 'goal music is f**king sh*t' on games broadcast live around the world after the fact, again and again when we score, would be far harder to ignore.

I know there are UFS lads on here and plenty from L1 too. Stop moaning and do something about it in a way that might get noticed. You want a real atmosphere. Fight for it.

Sorry I'm gunna have to pick you up on this. UFS was litteraly formed 8 years ago to try and "fight" for this kind of stuff. Constant lobbying, making pretty solid cases for things like rail seating, dedicated areas for like-minded fans to get together etc.

Most of that goes unseen as it would be boring to update everyone as to every piece of discord with the club over 8 years, but be assured that pressure IS being put on the club on these issues.

But there has to be some level of assistance from the club. They have the keys to the car are and currently watching people trying to push it uphill with the handbrake on.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Sorry I'm gunna have to pick you up on this. UFS was litteraly formed 8 years ago to try and "fight" for this kind of stuff. Constant lobbying, making pretty solid cases for things like rail seating, dedicated areas for like-minded fans to get together etc.

Most of that goes unseen as it would be boring to update everyone as to every piece of discord with the club over 8 years, but be assured that pressure IS being put on the club on these issues.

But there has to be some level of assistance from the club. They have the keys to the car are and currently watching people trying to push it uphill with the handbrake on.

Well I'm gonna stand my ground and say that, if there really are this many people pissed off at goal music sanitising the experience, one of our 'singing sections' should easily be able to get an audible chorus going of something telling the club that it's shit and they don't want it.

I guess after being active on FT since 2009, I've seen these complaints about goal music atmosphere do the rounds for a solid decade-plus, back to Chelsea Dagger days, but it's bleeding obvious that nobody is willing to be 'that guy' getting his mates to shout from the stands that they don't like it.

The only time I can EVER remember the crowd reacting negatively to goal music was when Fire was 'revealed' over the PA at half time and you could hear a few grumbles and boos. Never heard them again after goals though. I guess it's hard to separate the joy of scoring from the genuine complaints people have about goal music, but if people really care about it as much as this place suggests, it's about time folks swallowed their pride and started making noises to that effect in the stands, rather than on 35 page threads that have been going around in circles since Matty Fryatt was spanking goals past MK Dons and Cheltenham.

FoxesTalk is just boring in that respect. It really shouldn't be hard to get a hundred-plus people in SK1 or L1 to sing 'goal music is f**king sh*t' for a few weeks after we score. Or are you saying that UFS isn't capable of such a feat?

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I think now it’s getting to the point where people who previously weren’t fussed about goal music are realising how bad it is. 

....if you were not affected by it previously, it will only mean you are now being influenced by the negative feedback from this forum!!!

If enough people continue to say negative stuff for long enough, you will then begin to take it on board subconsciously. 

There is nothing to stop anyone from singing and the kop is the area you would expect the most vocal support. Yet it was quiet all around and looking to have the away fans relocated should not be the reason why we are unable to sustain any semblance of vocal support for our team. 

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Change the title post to Dull and unInteresting Football at the KP

Our fans have proved that if entertained they’ll respond.

You can’t expect them to respond like performing monkeys when for months we have been dished up boring football, even yesterday’s 4-0 wasn’t that exciting.

Silly to compare the diverse home support to the Newcastle hardcore that have spent hours on coaches building up  the passion and wedged in a corner as one unit.

We battered the richest club in the world 4-0 yesterday. It was still shit. People still left early.

We need to be honest and stop making excuses for ourselves.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Well I'm gonna stand my ground and say that, if there really are this many people pissed off at goal music sanitising the experience, one of our 'singing sections' should easily be able to get an audible chorus going of something telling the club that it's shit and they don't want it.

I guess after being active on FT since 2009, I've seen these complaints about goal music atmosphere do the rounds for a solid decade-plus, back to Chelsea Dagger days, but it's bleeding obvious that nobody is willing to be 'that guy' getting his mates to shout from the stands that they don't like it.

The only time I can EVER remember the crowd reacting negatively to goal music was when Fire was 'revealed' over the PA at half time and you could hear a few grumbles and boos. Never heard them again after goals though. I guess it's hard to separate the joy of scoring from the genuine complaints people have about goal music, but if people really care about it as much as this place suggests, it's about time folks swallowed their pride and started making noises to that effect in the stands, rather than on 35 page threads that have been going around in circles since Matty Fryatt was spanking goals past MK Dons and Cheltenham.

FoxesTalk is just boring in that respect. It really shouldn't be hard to get a hundred-plus people in SK1 or L1 to sing 'goal music is f**king sh*t' for a few weeks after we score. Or are you saying that UFS isn't capable of such a feat?

Anyone in the ground could sing "goal music is shit" and nothing would change. The issue is that in the club's eyes everyone loves it because when it's played everyone's elated, but they're elated because we've litteraly just scored a goal 5 seconds ago, not because they've put the school disco on.

UFS may have a chance speaking direct with the club but I'll be honest and say pretty much all efforts are on a dedicated singing section in line with the redevelopment.

It's a shame as there was the "matchday experience consultation group" set up earlier in the year to talk about EXACTLY this kind of stuff, and they haven't held a single meeting for it.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

26 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

We battered the richest club in the world 4-0 yesterday. It was still shit. People still left early.

We need to be honest and stop making excuses for ourselves.

I know it happens around the whole ground the the exodus around 40m mark for the overpriced and bang average fodder seems too good to turn down for many. To return around 10m into the second half....

I understand some people need to leave a bit early for their own reasons, and don't want restart that debate. I know this happens alot around London grounds due to the horrendous traffic and tube queues.

Think Leeds is probably the benchmark for all home support to aspire to. The reality is in general people don't sing and although i don't mind the clappers, they drown out any singing.

The only plausible solution is lobbying (this may have happened) like palace did to get the singers in large numbers into a section of the ground... it's just too mixed all over the ground.

When we moved, in hindsight there probably ought to have been more planning to keep singers together. We merged the double decker and kop and it's diluted the small atmosphere we had at filbo.

• Like 2

We've had any atmosphere drummed out of us by the club through years of shit decisions on positioning and "match day" entertainment. Then the lack of casual match day tickets etc. And of course, winning everything there is to win sort of adds a malaise, fan expect to be entertained and entertained well, and be provided with reasons to cheer. 

It's miserable, you'd like to think an expanded ground would lead to more casuals who are a little bit more up for it, although we'll probably end up with more prawn sandwiches. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

I’ve never understood this. 6 people around me left with 2 mins left to play.

Last match I went to I left at half time. It was that or get into an altercation with the handful of exceptionally annoying cvnts I was having to sit near again. Maybe you’re annoying and they’re just more tolerant than me?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Little email sent to the Club this morning!

Morning folks

I have a warm glowing Monday morning feeling after a morale boosting 4-0 win yesterday. I hope you enjoyed it too.

A polite request though. The volume levels for the pre match music, goal music and post match music are too high. I sit in G block, and genuinely can’t hear my mate who I sit next too when the music comes on.

And when we score a goal, it is, frankly, a moment of pure unadulterated bliss for us all. It doesn’t need to be enhanced by music. It is perfection itself.

Love the Club, and love the job you do, so please don’t take this as criticism  - simply a request.

All the best
David

A few have asked on here and the goal music thread for a club email address to send their thoughts on it. Are you able to share?