Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

1 minute ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

why the **** are we playing sweet caroline after a shite 0-0 against a team its well known play this as one of their songs at home. this club man 

Our club's philosophy is to see what other clubs do and steal that. "Chelsea Dagger's popular, let's have it too." "Oh Porto have different goal music, let's have that." "PSV played Sweet Caroline, let's adopt it.

The way it's going we'll be walking out to Glory Glory Man United next season followed by a rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Perhaps the wrong thread for it but the steward/showsec bombardment in SK1 is utterly disgraceful.

Agreed. What was this all about with additional ticket checks as well? I asked and one of them said “people from G block are getting confused and going into SK1”. Never seen any real trouble in SK1 but you’d think it was the away end at Millwall with the number of stewards in the block.

36 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

why the **** are we playing sweet caroline after a shite 0-0 against a team its well known play this as one of their songs at home. this club man 

I bet it's because of the boxing later. Terrible though, it's been played to death.

As for the atmosphere today it started out ok and I understand the need for fans push the team on but you could see the tactics sucking any encouragement out of the fans today. So tedious it was painful to sit through 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, warnerbro said:

Agreed. What was this all about with additional ticket checks as well? I asked and one of them said “people from G block are getting confused and going into SK1”. Never seen any real trouble in SK1 but you’d think it was the away end at Millwall with the number of stewards in the block.

I always assumed that the ticket scanners only accepted barcodes to that specific block? If not, I’m going to B2 next match and finding a couple of empty seats 😂

Just now, phoneticerror said:

I always assumed that the ticket scanners only accepted barcodes to that specific block? If not, I’m going to B2 next match and finding a couple of empty seats 😂

There's a part of SK1 that's only accessible from the G1 concourse. No excuse for the club's behaviour though.

3 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

What exactly happened? I was in H1 so was looking away from SK1 today.

I was in G1 myself, but a while ago they brought Showsec in to overpolice the UFS section, although to their credit, they've from what I've seen, limited their involvement to making sure nobody puts so much as a toe on the stairway, and now based on, from what I've seen, zero problems, they've got people checking tickets for everyone using the SK1 stairwell that's inside the east stand.

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Perhaps the wrong thread for it but the steward/showsec bombardment in SK1 is utterly disgraceful.

I sit in the West Stand, but noticed this today. 
Also was in the kings head when those who appeared on a Danny dyer programme regarding Leicester city fans, took offence to Villa fans in Revolution singing.

3 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Did Villa bring any fans? Sat in the family stand and I couldn’t hear them from there. Until they celebrated a 0-0 draw like they’d won the World Cup…. Odd

Could hear them pretty well in H1 singing their usual Champions of Europe tripe. Also singing about Leicester being a shithole at one point.

2 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Could hear them pretty well in H1 singing their usual Champions of Europe tripe. Also singing about Leicester being a shithole at one point.

Heard a few chants in the first 10 minutes actually then it went quiet. 

imagine singing a song about winning a European trophy before majority of them were born

JUST LIKE FOREST YOU LIVE IN THE PAST

Guest Chocolate Teapot
49 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Less said about the match today the better, but apart from a couple of Albania chants (which the vast majority only join in with the were on our way then goes completely quiet) then it was a rather quiet day all round. 

what I would say and what many people have said over the last few months is the clappers are the biggest pain in the arse going.. it was cringing today as when everyone just sits there banging, it drowns out the atmosphere into nothing.. the club just turns into a laughing stock with them

I'm not a fan of clappers and I don't use them but I watched today and loads around me do (you can also hear them pretty loudly too). Unless people don't use then they won't get rid of them.

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

I sit in the West Stand, but noticed this today. 
Also was in the kings head when those who appeared on a Danny dyer programme regarding Leicester city fans, took offence to Villa fans in Revolution singing.

Do find it a strange choice of boozer for the older BS lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

I was in G1 myself, but a while ago they brought Showsec in to overpolice the UFS section, although to their credit, they've from what I've seen, limited their involvement to making sure nobody puts so much as a toe on the stairway, and now based on, from what I've seen, zero problems, they've got people checking tickets for everyone using the SK1 stairwell that's inside the east stand.

Give it time. Soon they’ll have the same stewards there who know how to manage it and they’ll start recognising the familiar faces. It’s so easy to make your way around the ground as well. I could get all the way to the home dugout from the east stand if I wanted. 

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

They’re normally decent. Thought they were crap today. 

• Like 1

Wasn't there someone on here who said they knew people at the club and they weren't working to create a crap atmosphere? 

Well let the club know they Sweet Caroline is ****ing garbage and only serves to make an already poor atmosphere worse.

The only thing that could possibly be any worse than this being part of the club playlist is it the club played it for the away fans. 

• Like 2