Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Asha said:

Yeah the fvcking cvnts. Imagine spending £38 on a football game and expecting to be entertained.

They should be grateful for Brendan and the boys churning out an absolutely decrepid 0-0 with no real effort to win the game.  

After 4 games in 13 days? After 48 games in a season?

I'm not blaming the players or the manager for that. That's the money men who've jammed three seasons together. It's not just us that have been poor recently. Quality of games have been really poor.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

You love to back the club but it’s you who needs perspective. They now play sweet Caroline and are running an army regime in SK1 making sure they disrupt everyone in the blocks experience.

Bahahahahaha

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

After 4 games in 13 days? After 48 games in a season?

I'm not blaming the players or the manager for that. That's the money men who've jammed three seasons together. It's not just us that have been poor recently. Quality of games have been really poor.

I agree with you mostly, and fans ideally would be behind the team anyway - but the idea that fans should be grateful for a shít performance is one I’ll always object to. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Asha said:

I agree with you mostly, and fans ideally would be behind the team anyway - but the idea that fans should be grateful for a shít performance is one I’ll always object to. 

Didn't say they should be grateful at all tbh. But I read a lot of stuff on here that demonstrates the entitlement. It's inevitable we've been pretty flat given the number of games we've played.

6 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

You love to back the club but it’s you who needs perspective. They now play sweet Caroline and are running an army regime in SK1 making sure they disrupt everyone in the blocks experience.

The army regime is genuinely scary. Won’t be long  before we’re being tear-gassed and locked up for singing a song. 

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I’m not in SK1 but by the sounds of it, that is a really grim situation developing for the supporters up there. It is starting to feel like a bit of a social cleansing of the ground in some respects. 

Exactly how it feels. 

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Didn't say they should be grateful at all tbh. But I read a lot of stuff on here that demonstrates the entitlement. It's inevitable we've been pretty flat given the number of games we've played.

I can imagine some fans feeling entitled.   Yet my own criticism of the manager comes from my frustration. 

We are close to becoming a very good side... the owners and the fans deserve it... but I see this opportunity being wasted by poor decisions and weird ideas.   All of us want sucess.  If Rodgers was doing the right stuff then we could accept disappointments along the way.  But that isn't the case. 

This post is just to say I dont feel entitled... I know how hard improvement will be.  But I do think we are regressing 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

This shit with the Showsec Gestapo in SK1 needs knocking on the head quickly.

So what's that all about then, would be interesting to know? I've been told that it's because fans are coming over from other areas and not sitting in the seats they have tickets for, and so they are checking the tickets of some fans as they come into the area? Also heard they had a problem with a couple of the fans vaping yesterday too. Is this a load of old bull then? Seems strange for the club on the one hand to grant a singing section at the request of the same fans that they then seem to be upsetting with the security stewards.

This isn’t a specific LCFC issue. It is an English football issue. Perhaps having a decent run in Europe has only magnified how clubs on the continent are absolutely miles ahead of English stadia atmosphere. The ultras culture on the continent is a real spectacle. I really appreciate what UFS are trying to establish over in the SK1/G1 corner, just a shame they don’t get more backing and wider support. Just seems that the English authorities are hell bent on stopping any ultra style atmosphere from developing organically. Must be a hangover of the 1970s/80s hooligan era? It isn’t a British thing, as both Ibrox & Parkhead have really intimidating ultras sections and have some of the loudest and best support in Europe. So why can Scottish ultras thrive and English stadia atmosphere be such a damp squib?

58 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Read the post match comments and the brendan rodgers thread. The lack of context that we've just played 4 games in 13 and we've played almost 50 games with at least 8 left is staggering. 

And everything is the managers fault.

We've had someone suggest Eddie Howe as a better manager and say Derby have had more fun this season. There's too many comments for it to be a few select fans. It's baffling beyond belief.

If we were battling relegation then fine but I think fans are just turning up expecting to be entertained and then moaning when it's a bit quiet.

Couldn’t care less unless we win. I don’t go or support the club to be entertained. I go because it’s in my blood and I want us to win. Any which way and how. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

So what's that all about then, would be interesting to know? I've been told that it's because fans are coming over from other areas and not sitting in the seats they have tickets for, and so they are checking the tickets of some fans as they come into the area? Also heard they had a problem with a couple of the fans vaping yesterday too. Is this a load of old bull then? Seems strange for the club on the one hand to grant a singing section at the request of the same fans that they then seem to be upsetting with the security stewards.

Coming back from the concourse at half time I was stopped and asked “ where’s your ticket “, “ in my wife’s handbag “

” you can’t come up without a ticket”, “ fck off”.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

I am biased too because I can't stand the song but also have no idea why it is relevant to sport. The cricket is to blame.

And the fuchsing Boston Red Sox play it every game. Such a horrible song.

28 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

Coming back from the concourse at half time I was stopped and asked “ where’s your ticket “, “ in my wife’s handbag “

It was the attitude that pissed me off most. Everyone under suspicion, being asked in an unfriendly manner. Not on.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

So is it right then, that other fans are trying to move over away from where their ticket is for, and that's why they're checking tickets? 

Sweet Caroline in 2022 is peak LCFC. As generic as possible, against a club who coined it themselves about 3 years back.

Stewarding in SK1, blatantly targetted and it's so over the top.

Heard worse atmospheres than yesterday, think it helps when the opposition are the biggest shithouse team we've played this season.

Refuse to ever get my hopes up anymore though. I have no expectation even for Thursday.