Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Tottenham next up (H). Postponed

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Just shut down the training ground and force the decision like Spurs and United did. Premier League needs to get its shit together on this, it’s a joke. 

Not trying to defend the Premier league but it's understandable if some of our players are unavailable due to their vaccination status. Rodgers is most likely bloody furious :mad:

I noticed that Pep said that all the Man City squad are vax'd. 

This works out quite nicely for Rodgers now as the media and board will put absolutely no pressure on him this month now, it's basically a write off and any points gained will be seen as a positive. 

Could get pretty nasty in the stadium if we're not at least showing 100% effort on the pitch though. The fans will understand losing due to being depleted and playing weaker teams, they won't accept getting roundly beaten and showing no signs of promise on the pitch though.

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not trying to defend the Premier league but it's understandable if some of our players are unavailable due to their vaccination status. Rodgers is most likely bloody furious :mad:

I noticed that Pep said that all the Man City squad are vax'd. 

Who are we suggesting isn't vax'd?

I think Rodgers would cut himself some slack if he threw in Nelson rather than playing a full back in there. However I think I know which is more likely. 

Biggest issue with chucking Nelson is though is him playing alongisde a non-centre back in Ndidi. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

Just now, filbertway said:

This works out quite nicely for Rodgers now as the media and board will put absolutely no pressure on him this month now, it's basically a write off and any points gained will be seen as a positive. 

Could get pretty nasty in the stadium if we're not at least showing 100% effort on the pitch though. The fans will understand losing due to being depleted and playing weaker teams, they won't accept getting roundly beaten and showing no signs of promise on the pitch though.

We always show 100% effort. We may well play poorly on occasions, but I've never once felt the case that we don't try. When you say 'the fans', you mean you, right?

• Like 1

No way should Bertrand be in the XI, despite all the injuries.

Can imagine Castagne moving to centre-half along Ndidi, with Ricardo at RB.

Feels like we're being punished for trying to do the right thing and do our best for the game to go ahead. If we'd taken drastic action to close our training ground like Man U, would likely have been a different outcome. 

Think we could have Castagne or Bertrand as centre back in a three but please not both of them (especially with Ndidi). Would give Nelson ago at centre back rather than Bertrand. Youri shouldn't really be playing 3 times in a week so soon after injury - maybe on the bench.

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think Rodgers would cut himself some slack if he threw in Nelson rather than playing a full back in there. However I think I know which is more likely. 

Biggest issue with chucking Nelson is though is him playing alongisde a non-centre back in Ndidi. 

i think that's the exact reason we won't play him. Ndidi isn't a CB, if it was Evans would be all for it. Maybe, we do need a more experienced Bertrand back there? As much as it hurts to say thatm

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Kasper 

Castagne N’Didi Bertrand

Pereira Tielemans KDH Thomas

Barnes Maddison

Vardy 

Surely better to promote Nelson instead of Bertrand, and Soumare rather than Pereira in midfield.  Either Castagne or Pereira at RB, depending on who seems to have the most energy.

Apologies if some of those suggested aren't available; I haven't been able to follow the thread over the last couple of hours.

• Like 1