Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Tottenham next up (H). Postponed

56 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah but if Evans/Soyuncu are injured, and not Covid related, then we can't postpone just because of injuries?

I don't know how many covid cases Man United had but Conte mentioned 13 players (and staff) for Spurs prior to Brighton game which they had postponed.

Then we sacrifice Soyuncu, Justin and Fofana to covid so that we can make the numbers up.

Well if we can manage 6 points from our next 5 games (Spurs, Everton, Man City, Liverpool, Norwich) I would be pleased enough. That will keep us somewhere around mid table with a chance to regroup before the Prem restarts in mid January (after the FA Cup tie).

I guess come the weekend we should start to see some of the ill players returning giving us one or two options, but we are going to be light in central defence for a while. It may be a little while until our next clean sheet!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm not sure about that. During the summer, they said he was a solid player for them and they wished him no ill-will, and that it was a sensible signing.

I guess it depends what the sources are and who you talk to anecdotally. I mean look at the way opinion is polarised over players on this forum. He's certainly nowhere remotely near the player he was five years ago. 

I do agree with you though regarding pre-season (as deceptive as it can be). Nonetheless, he looked assured, commanding and stoked to be here and the season ahead. As has been speculated on here, you wonder how much covid impacted him. 

• Like 1

Sounds to me like our defensive issues are more injuries than covid. Think we would be very lucky to get it postponed. Just bad luck really, I often question the premier leagues consistency and and bias toward the “big 6” teams but I’m not sure this is one of them. 

33 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I've seen people sitting in their seat in the ground be more in position than Bertrand.

Quite mystified how he's ended up being so bad, because he looked good in several of the pre-season matches. I didn't expect him to be on the same level as JJ / Ricardo or Castagne, but I feel like even an ageing Fuchs last season played better, when it was obvious to all that it was going to be Fuchs last season in the Premier League.

long term covid imo

6 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

What? Vaccination has very little to do towards transmission, I am almost certain that they would have still been out with Covid even if they had been vaccinated. Completely flawed argument.

I'm sat here double jabbed, but positive PCR test recently...