Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Tottenham next up (H). Postponed

5 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

What? Vaccination has very little to do towards transmission, I am almost certain that they would have still been out with Covid even if they had been vaccinated. Completely flawed argument.

That’s not entirely true. And vaccination status certainly had a lot to do with certain players not being allowed to travel for a major European game that we blew. 

It was those players’ choice not to do whatever they could to be available to play. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

What? Vaccination has very little to do towards transmission, I am almost certain that they would have still been out with Covid even if they had been vaccinated. Completely flawed argument.

I think you need to delve into the Coronavirus thread if you think that. The point is, had they been vaccinated they wouldn't be self isolating now (unless they had been in contact with Omicron). Nothing to do with likely transmission. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

I'm sat here double jabbed, but positive PCR test recently...

Exactly my point. Vaccines, reduce hospitalisations but do very little towards transmission. This is very well documented, I am not sure why people struggle to understand this lol

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The_77 said:

That’s not entirely true. And vaccination status certainly had a lot to do with certain players not being allowed to travel for a major European game that we blew. 

It was those players’ choice not to do whatever they could to be available to play. 

Yes, but this is about a domestic game? Also, I am pretty sure that the impact was very limited - a negative lateral flow test would have been sufficient regardless of vaccination status. Those who were vaccinated would have also had to take one and if they tested positive then they would have not been able to travel anyway.

This is a separate point and for the record, I am pro vax and been double jabbed myself. However, with an increase in heart issues for players such as Aguero, Charlie Wyke and John Fleck you can see the concern. I am not saying that they are necessarily correlated but I think you can sympathise with them.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

20 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Surely we can manufacture a couple more Covid cases....close down training ground and get this match and Sundays called off?

Get all the players, including the infected ones to have a good old fashioned communal bath. 

Sorted.

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think you need to delve into the Coronavirus thread if you think that. The point is, had they been vaccinated they wouldn't be self isolating now (unless they had been in contact with Omicron). Nothing to do with likely transmission. 

Is this true though? If they actually tested positive for Covid (which has been implied) then they would have to isolate regardless. 

This debate has been side tracked though - my original point was that it would be ridiculous for players to be docked wages for not being vaccinated. I wonder if the ordinal poster would be happy if people that he works with had the same done to them? 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

This works out quite nicely for Rodgers now as the media and board will put absolutely no pressure on him this month now, it's basically a write off and any points gained will be seen as a positive. 

Could get pretty nasty in the stadium if we're not at least showing 100% effort on the pitch though. The fans will understand losing due to being depleted and playing weaker teams, they won't accept getting roundly beaten and showing no signs of promise on the pitch though.

It's quite obvious what your agenda is!

Pretty sad really.

• Like 1

Kasper

Ricardo 

Castagne 

N’didi

Nelson 

Thomas 

Soumare

Tilemans

Maddison

Vardy 

Daka

Subs - Ward, Albrighton, Bertrand, Hamza, Barnes, Youth player, Youth Player.

It’s quite clear we aren’t going to be keeping a clean sheet tomorrow night. But what we do still have is plenty of attacking talent and pace so let’s go full 15/16 mode and hit them on the counter.  What other way is there? 

9 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Exactly my point. Vaccines, reduce hospitalisations but do very little towards transmission. This is very well documented, I am not sure why people struggle to understand this lol

im still struggling to get my head around the meaning of vaccine, because there seems to be a lot of people who are double jabbed catching the new variant, 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

This is a contradictory topic and you’ve given me a source from an outlet that I’ve never seen. This is a classic example of extracting selective information to support your claim. 

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

What's been largely forgotten is Spurs potentially have a lot of players missing as well, and asked for the game to be called off too. 

Not clear on who might be out for them. 

Son, Moura, Davies, Emerson have been down with covid apparently

on top of that Romero, Reguilon are injured which leaves them with Dier, Tanganga and Doherty as their only senior defenders

Can our defence be any worse that it has been? Admittedly coming off the back of a clean sheet. 

Best form of defence, attack them. 

I would through Nelson in alongside Ndidi. KDH, Soumare and Tielemans all Infront of them. And then Maddison, Vardy and Barnes. I'd prefer Daka as he can hold it up much better but it's definitely Vardy for this one. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

This is a contradictory topic and you’ve given me a source from an outlet that I’ve never seen. This is a classic example of extracting selective information to support your claim. 

It is exactly like me doing this: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.livemint.com/science/health/covid-vaccines-do-not-cut-transmission-risks-warns-who/amp-11637773692659.html

I am not saying that they do not cut transmission but it is clearly very limited.

Clearly limited? Have you read the article you linked? 

19 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I think the OP was referring to the fact that some of the unvaccinated players have to self isolate as they have been in contact with positive Covid-19 cases where as if you are fully vaccinated you do not have to vaccinate. The conspiracy was that the ones with "illness" are ones who are not vaccinated and are having the self isolate even though they have not got Covid

12 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Is this true though? If they actually tested positive for Covid (which has been implied) then they would have to isolate regardless. 

This debate has been side tracked though - my original point was that it would be ridiculous for players to be docked wages for not being vaccinated. I wonder if the ordinal poster would be happy if people that he works with had the same done to them? 

Some have been tested positive, which you rightly say they have to isolate, and some have "covid related illness" which some suggest that they are not vaccinated therfore as they have had contact with positive cases they have to self isolate whereas someone who is fully vaccinated does not