Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Tottenham next up (H). Postponed

If players aren't willing to get vaccinated and are going to be in isolatation for 10 days after every covid contact then we might not see them for a large part of the rest of the season, think they have to be reasonable and get the vaccine or face fines as clubs in Germnay have done.

10 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

This is a contradictory topic and you’ve given me a source from an outlet that I’ve never seen. This is a classic example of extracting selective information to support your claim. 

That link you originally posted was something called "the link" and the other poster posted a link from New Scientist, one is reputable and one is not, I'll let you figure out which is which :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

That link you originally posted was something called "the link" and the other poster posted a link from New Scientist, one is reputable and one is not, I'll let you figure out which is which :D

Brilliant, I am sure that if I was that bothered I could find evidence from a reputable outlet - but this is all a bit boring.

I assume you agree with clubs docking wages for an unvaccinated players, since this was the original topic?

This is why I’ve not agreed with any postponements throughout.

Last year, “Project restart” there was a lot of fuss made about integrity of the game and transparency.

You then had Man City players, break rules, result in an outbreak in their camp and they get a game postponed. Many other clubs players, ourselves included also broke rules I don’t recall any causing an outbreak certainly to go as far as postponing games.

Inbetween then and now there’s been water under the bridge and stuff I’m sure I’ve forgotten.

Now we find ourselves at a point where we have vaccines, as far as I’m concerned at that point there should have been a rule in place, if players who are not vaccinated become infected or come in contact with Covid, tough, you play through whether that means dipping into the academy or picking people out the crowd, so be it. 

I understand vaccinations don’t stop your from getting it and don’t necessarily slow the spread but if you’re not even going to try and help the situation, tough.

Vaccinated players, a different story I guess, you can’t help that, they’ve tried.

We are in a situation of having players with Covid but also have many injuries, unfortunate but also bad luck, get on with it, I’d be fuming if other clubs cried for games to be called off because of a injury list, you’re entering a a phase where integrity and transparency comes into question and clubs use these requests to their advantage and gain.

The fact Spurs have had games cancelled and now Man Utd sets a precedent though to not grant it for anyone else is unfair now that precedent has been set, the powers that be should have been stronger from the start, in a way I’m glad they’ve been strong now, I just hope they are going forward, or will see a blind eye turned to the elite?

I dare say Man City used it to their advantage last year when they had an ‘outbreak’, it was during a busy Christmas schedule if I remember correctly, a time where Pep and co annually moan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Brilliant, I am sure that if I was that bothered I could find evidence from a reputable outlet - but this is all a bit boring.

I assume you agree with clubs docking wages for an unvaccinated players, since this was the original topic?

If it was boring then why did you make the statement without factual evidence? - Also putting words into my mouth much? I didn't say if I agreed with the docking of wages or not, just saying that one was a reputable link and one was not. 

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Due to illness we have had to recall some former players:

Keller

Thomas

Taggart

Elliott

Ricardo

Ndidi

Barnes

Maddison

Izzet

Savage

Vardy

F*** me, we’re winning the league with those guys. 

32 minutes ago, lcfc old boy said:

im still struggling to get my head around the meaning of vaccine, because there seems to be a lot of people who are double jabbed catching the new variant, 

A vaccine doesnt equal immunity. It just stops people from catching it as easily, spreading it as easily and most importantly, it hopefully prevents any severe reactions to COVID resulting in hospitalisation or long term sickness. 

Now for something football related, Thursday will be fun.. bring back Wasyl and Benny.

Edited by lgfualol