Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Tottenham next up (H). Postponed

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Looking at the latest BBC news today, I’m sure this round of games will be the last we will be going to as fans for a while. 

Yes so we can all sit at home and watch for 6 months, come out of hibernation and there's a new variant.

So much for learning to live with it!

12 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

We always show 100% effort. We may well play poorly on occasions, but I've never once felt the case that we don't try. When you say 'the fans', you mean you, right?

I won't be there my man, I detest following pro football. Being made to sit down by someone in a bright jacket isn't my idea of fun :D

Im talking about the toxic people that change their mind from game to game.

3 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Yap noticed that, been down the pub forgive me 

Kasper 

Ricardo Ndidi Nelson Castagne                          

KDH Tielemans 

Albrighton  Maddison  Barnes 

Daka 

No..!!  Cos it seems you enjoyed it...

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Again. Wont be there. Just predicting the behaviour of humans. Let's come back to it and see :)

Imagine if we all had your view and no fans turned up at games at all. Must be horrible sitting down watching your team for 90 mins. If you really can't sit for that long I'd seek help.

So this has gone from playing a spurs youth team to suddenly them having a decent squad available and us being decimated. The problem with us is a lot of absentees are not covid related so that's probably why we can't call it off. I mean Evans and Soyuncu being injured has made everything ten times worse, Justin and Fofana obviously long term, we can't just try and call games off because of bad injury luck. Ndidi and Castagne centre backs, still got more than enough upfront to win the game. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

So this has gone from playing a spurs youth team to suddenly them having a decent squad available and us being decimated. The problem with us is a lot of absentees are not covid related so that's probably why we can't call it off. I mean Evans and Soyuncu being injured has made everything ten times worse, Justin and Fofana obviously long term, we can't just try and call games off because of bad injury luck. Ndidi and Castagne centre backs, still got more than enough upfront to win the game. 

We had 7 players with Covid when we played Newcastle, but United with their "small number of staff and players" are able to cancel their fixture ... 

It is apparently something to do with closing the training ground, which we didn't do, but still stinks of double standards with the rulings as we have obviously still got players out for Covid reasons. 

Rodgers tried to argue injuries are a result of the depleted squad, playing extra fixtures than would have done if we were Covid free, and while you could argue that we would have probably started Cags and Jonny in the last few fixtures given their importance, the lack of any senior squad centre backs on the bench during those fixtures highlighted the number of defenders we've had out with Covid recently.

Yes we've been very unfortunate with defensive injures this season, but there's a lot of teams crying off their games this week, and many of them seem to have reported less cases than we have.

18 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I'm hoping the people that are calling for Nelson to start have seen more of him than I have.

I've seen him once and he looked completely lost and was chasing shadows.

Which game? I saw him preseason a few times and thought he looked good. In one game, I can't remember preseason, we looked a bit suspect suspect, Soyuncu started, In the second half we started with Ben Nelson and Benkovic and looked much better.

19 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

We had 7 players with Covid when we played Newcastle, but United with their "small number of staff and players" are able to cancel their fixture ... 

It is apparently something to do with closing the training ground, which we didn't do, but still stinks of double standards with the rulings as we have obviously still got players out for Covid reasons. 

Rodgers tried to argue injuries are a result of the depleted squad, playing extra fixtures than would have done if we were Covid free, and while you could argue that we would have probably started Cags and Jonny in the last few fixtures given their importance, the lack of any senior squad centre backs on the bench during those fixtures highlighted the number of defenders we've had out with Covid recently.

Yes we've been very unfortunate with defensive injures this season, but there's a lot of teams crying off their games this week, and many of them seem to have reported less cases than we have.

Well we don't know do we how many cases United, Watford etc had. By all accounts there was mass outbreaks at these clubs. We had probably 4 or 5, as not all our 'ill' players have covid. Evans and Soyuncu out is the only things which has made this one tough. Amarteys close to being back and one or two will be back for Everton. Games cannot just be called off willy nilly unless a big surge of infected people are around the club. Our cases were last week and by now will have been kept away from the other group. There's been no cases since. Spurs the same. They had the cheek to try and cancel this game to play their European game. Premier League aren't going to cancel on these grounds people need to stop claiming there's some big conspiracy. 

30 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

I'm just worried we'll end up with a back 3 of Ndidi, Castagne and  Betrand, flanked by Ricardo and Thomas, and Soumare in the Ndid role, seeing us inviting pressure on our depleted defense all game.

Not sure why with no fit defenders we would play 3 CBs. That would be mental. Surely Wilf and Timmy will be CBs with Luke and Ricardo or Albrighton Bertrand whoever at full back.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

We've basically been ravaged by injuries and illness for 21 months now. Surely our luck will change at some point? We've not had a full squad available once since March 2020. Incredible really. 

Careful 90% of foxestalk don't believe that injuries should be a issue, it's all the manager fault.

8 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Kasper 

Big Dan Ndidi Nelson Castagne                          

KDH Tielemans 

Daka 

No Luke Thomas, are you nuts?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Kasper 

Big Dan Ndidi Nelson Castagne                          

KDH Tielemans 

Daka 

Amartey isn't fully fit, otherwise he'd be starting at centre back. Especially considering you have 3 other players fit who can play at full back so why wouldn't you utilise them?

• Like 1