Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Tottenham next up (H). Postponed

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

We've basically been ravaged by injuries and illness for 21 months now. Surely our luck will change at some point? We've not had a full squad available once since March 2020. Incredible really. 

Indeed. But many FT posters would still argue that our inconsistent form since then is Rodgers' fault...

• Like 1

The predicted line ups of spurs is weaker than ours in my opinion. We’ve got no CBs but we’ve got pretty much all our best attacking players. They do have Harry Kane who always scores against us but he’s really out of form so let’s just hope that doesn’t happen. Other than that their attacking threat isn’t particularly scary. We should be able to outscore them! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

The predicted line ups of spurs is weaker than ours in my opinion. We’ve got no CBs but we’ve got pretty much all our best attacking players. They do have Harry Kane who always scores against us but he’s really out of form so let’s just hope that doesn’t happen. Other than that their attacking threat isn’t particularly scary. We should be able to outscore them! 

This has potential.

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Well we don't know do we how many cases United, Watford etc had. By all accounts there was mass outbreaks at these clubs. We had probably 4 or 5, as not all our 'ill' players have covid. Evans and Soyuncu out is the only things which has made this one tough. Amarteys close to being back and one or two will be back for Everton. Games cannot just be called off willy nilly unless a big surge of infected people are around the club. Our cases were last week and by now will have been kept away from the other group. There's been no cases since. Spurs the same. They had the cheek to try and cancel this game to play their European game. Premier League aren't going to cancel on these grounds people need to stop claiming there's some big conspiracy. 

Not claiming any conspiracy. Just not convinced there is always consistency with these decisions. 

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Not sure why with no fit defenders we would play 3 CBs. That would be mental. Surely Wilf and Timmy will be CBs with Luke and Ricardo or Albrighton Bertrand whoever at full back.

I agree. Notice I started my post with "I'm worried we'll end up with ..."

2 hours ago, foxfan92 said:

I'm just worried we'll end up with a back 3 of Ndidi, Castagne and  Betrand, flanked by Ricardo and Thomas, and Soumare in the Ndid role, seeing us inviting pressure on our depleted defense all game.

This is my biggest fear, and this negative setup will surely result in inevitable doom..

No idea what we'll do for CBs, but I hope it isn't Bertrand or Castagne. Amartey for Nelson in the second half.

Maddison tight tucked in on the right, with KDH being box-to-box through the middle. Soumare to play the Ndidi role (and play better than he has before!), with YT being the deep play maker. 

Ricardo and Thomas to be up and down the wings. Happy to stick with Daka, and if needed switch him at 60 for Vardy. But Vardy more likely to start.

Schmeichel

Ricardo    -     Ndidi   -   Nelson     -   Thomas
                  Soumare - Tielemans
     Maddison - Dewsbury-Hall - Barnes
                           Daka

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Since we have to protect our makeshift defence, I can see a more boring, defensive lineup. I woulnd't mind it. I won't make exciting football but we might win a few matches.

Terrible idea. We can't defend with fully fit defenders let alone when we have makeshift defenders. Best form of defence when you have none is attack. We are not struggling to score and whist Maddison is on this form and Barnes, Youri, Daka and Vardy are fit we should be looking to be on the front front and outscore the cvnts.

• Like 3

I've rang the Premier League and am waiting for a call back.  As supporters we need answers as to why this game is being forced to be played yet others aren't. We've NOT paid our hard earned cash to watch first team players play out of position or reserve /youth team players.   This is turning into a farce.

The number, if anyone would like to call them is 0207 8649000.

Edited by Weller 7
  • Like 1