Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Tottenham next up (H). Postponed

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We will probably see a 4-6 week break nationally + possible lockdown IMO. I live in London, Covid is rampant. Hopefully symptoms aren't as bad as the original strain, but I know 13 people already that have tested positive in just the last 5 days. This thing transmits fast.

Means the season will turn into another farce like the 2020 one though.

Love to see that with the bung cup, sorry world cup around the corner.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

A 4 nil win after a dodgy spell followed by a game called off where we had loads of injuries.

Massive deja vu back to the last postponement after villa ahead of the Watford game....

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We will probably see a 4-6 week break nationally + possible lockdown IMO. I live in London, Covid is rampant. Hopefully symptoms aren't as bad as the original strain, but I know 13 people already that have tested positive in just the last 5 days. This thing transmits fast.

Means the season will turn into another farce like the 2020 one though.

Have to say I'll take a 10 day break, I'm on the buses for Everton, Liverpool (CC) & Man C, following Whitty's unwitty comments last night, it didn't fill me with joy to be on the Covid Expresses!!!

Ford vs Selby tonight then!!!

Just now, 001merp said:

The club are still selling tickets for this. Seems strange they’re willing to still take people’s money if they know the game isn’t happening. 

Game hasn't been cancelled, so the seats will apply for when it's rearranged, probably, or maybe they're getting round to it as it was like 10 minutes ago it was decided.

1 minute ago, 001merp said:

The club are still selling tickets for this. Seems strange they’re willing to still take people’s money if they know the game isn’t happening. 

Standard for the club. They will still probably announce the team 

The downside to the postponements are that we would have faced weak Spurs and Everton* line ups. They have players like Son, Lucas, Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin out... 

The positive is that by the time those games are played, we should have a stronger squad with the likes of, Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana and Justin back. And perhaps some other players like Soumare are settled in more. Who knows when they'll be rearranged to!

*on the basis that game is only 3 days away and can't see it going ahead if we've just announced 2 more cases.