Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Tottenham next up (H). Postponed

Just now, AYLESBURY FOX 1961 said:

stil not seeing anything official from lcfc or premier league  - so why does bbc and sky "understand" that the gsme is off ? Come on premier eague sort yourselves out as i need to know within the net half hour......

Confirmed by LCFC https://www.lcfc.com/news/2418568/statement-tottenham-hotspur-fixture-postponed

Guest Chocolate Teapot

This is not bad news for us at all. A 4 week break would also be ideal so Wesley, jonny, cags and JJ can get fit.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

There’s the most cases ever at the moment. There’s many fewer hospitalisations and deaths than before. But that’s at the moment.

It’ll take a few days at the least to know if the cases lead to hospitalisations and overwhelm the NHS leading to other deaths due to lack of NHS availability.

I’ve not yet had it but I’ve heard a few reports about long term health worries from friends who’ve had it, especially in cases of hospitalisation.

I guess if the cases don’t lead to hospital visits then the football could stay on. But if omicron starts to overwhelm the NHS I can see another pause in football.

I’d imagine they’ll pause the football for a few days until we know how it’ll affect the NHS.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, J. James said:

Noooooo not behind closed doors again!

I'll have to revert to watching "**** my life" on Netflix!

It's a way bigger issue. They will need to reintroduce squad bubble scenarios. But with the level of infection currently across whole squads. I could see the entire Xmas / NY calender decimated. 

• Like 2

Just now, Foxxed said:

There’s the most cases ever at the moment. There’s many fewer hospitalisations and deaths than before. But that’s at the moment.

It’ll take a few days at the least to know if the cases lead to hospitalisations and overwhelm the NHS leading to other deaths due to lack of NHS availability.

I’ve not yet had it but I’ve heard a few reports from friends about long term health worries from those who’ve had it, especially in cases of hospitalisation.

I guess if the cases don’t lead to hospital visits then the football could stay on. But if omicron starts to overwhelm the NHS I can see another pause in football.

It wont be paused, they cant afford to with the world cup happening next winter, it'll most likely just start being played behind closed doors again

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

But also hope no one else picks up the virus between now and then... 

Would be terrible for Leicester fans to travel very early on a Sunday morning only for it to be called off and it be a wasted journey. 

Training ground has been closed to reduce chances 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So we could play but not have been able to train properly before Sunday? 

Think Sunday should be called off too. 

I would be very surprised had we have trained much before Sunday anyway. Tomorrow would’ve been rest/recovery day,  maybe train Saturday then travel up. Don’t think it’s a massive issue. 

• Like 1