Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Tottenham next up (H). Postponed

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Be interested to know how many premier league clubs with a few injury problems using covid as cover to get the game called off... just saying opening new can of worms here.

None I imagine as they would have to prove it / send results etc in.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

The panic and fear are rising so I imagine more postponements and possibly behind closed doors games again. The vaccines really aren’t helping with Omicron all that much. 

On a brighter note though, Omicron appears to be relatively mild and this could be the way out of the pandemic. Personally I would caution everyone about getting a booster jab - not something I will do. However, having one is a personal decision and as such should be respected. 

Words fail me. Go away, idiot :@

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

The Watford game was called off 3 hours before kick off 

I think this ons will be to with the media applying pressure today.

2 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Beginning to suspect it would...

But not sure if that's good or bad for us.

Just as suspected…excellent development IMHO!

• Like 1

I think it’s a pretty poor showing from all parties involved.

The root of the problem being the authorities being weak and naive. 

No games should have been postponed, there are too many variables to be played, under lying agendas etc and integrity of the game comes into question.

We’re a prime example of that and have to hold our hands up, we’ve not wanted this game to be called off because of Covid, Brendan was fine for the Newcastle game to go ahead and as far as I'm aware the Covid situation surrounding our club hasn’t changed, the reason we’ve wanted this postponed is because of injuries, I'm sorry but tough, you get on with it.

I’m sure this goes for many other clubs and has done before now, as I mentioned yesterday, I look back to last year when Man City players broke rules but managed to get their game called off, if I remember correctly they had a few injuries, not necessarily anything to do with Covid.

It’ll be music to Pep and Klopp’s ears games are being cancelled they annually rue the Christmas period, this set a precedent for the winter break they’re begging for.

• Like 1