Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Tottenham next up (H). Postponed

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think it’s a pretty poor showing from all parties involved.

The root of the problem being the authorities being weak and naive. 

No games should have been postponed, there are too many variables to be played, under lying agendas etc and integrity of the game comes into question.

We’re a prime example of that and have to hold our hands up, we’ve not wanted this game to be called off because of Covid, Brendan was fine for the Newcastle game to go ahead and as far as I'm aware the Covid situation surrounding our club hasn’t changed, the reason we’ve wanted this postponed is because of injuries, I'm sorry but tough, you get on with it.

I’m sure this goes for many other clubs and has done before now, as I mentioned yesterday, I look back to last year when Man City players broke rules but managed to get their game called off, if I remember correctly they had a few injuries, not necessarily anything to do with Covid.

It’ll be music to Pep and Klopp’s ears games are being cancelled they annually rue the Christmas period, this set a precedent for the winter break they’re begging for.

Totally agree, poor from Leicester to think they have made no attempt to get this game on his shocking. I dont care if we fielded a youth team at least we can say we have made the effort to fulfill our fixture.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

I forgot we did this at the start of the pandemic. Gonna have to do it again now.

Yep- once the imaginary Team is up, we can all start to slaughter BR's selection and choose the elected scapegoat for roasting following kick-off.  I think John Moss could be the virtual Ref.

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

No games should have been postponed, there are too many variables to be played, under lying agendas etc and integrity of the game comes into question.

We’re a prime example of that and have to hold our hands up, we’ve not wanted this game to be called off because of Covid, Brendan was fine for the Newcastle game to go ahead and as far as I'm aware the Covid situation surrounding our club hasn’t changed, the reason we’ve wanted this postponed is because of injuries, I'm sorry but tough, you get on with it.

I’m sure this goes for many other clubs and has done before now, as I mentioned yesterday, I look back to last year when Man City players broke rules but managed to get their game called off, if I remember correctly they had a few injuries, not necessarily anything to do with Covid.

It’ll be music to Pep and Klopp’s ears games are being cancelled they annually rue the Christmas period, this set a precedent for the winter break they’re begging for.

Agreed, either play the youths, U23s or give up the 3 points. It's going to become an absolute mess now with some teams having played 3-5 games less than others, and then have to fit that into the schedule.

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

13 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Totally agree, poor from Leicester to think they have made no attempt to get this game on his shocking. I dont care if we fielded a youth team at least we can say we have made the effort to fulfill our fixture.

Its covid related as further positive cases from within the group & Seagrave is having to close for 48hrs for a deep clean, the club like any company has duty of care to all its staff

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

Its covid related as further positive cases from within the group & Seagrave is having to close for 48hrs for a deep clean, the club like any company has duty of care to all its staff

Agree with that but dont we still have belvoir drive where the ladies train couldn't we send what squad we had left to train there.

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Agree with that but dont we still have belvoir drive where the ladies train couldn't we send what squad we had left to train there.

The issue isn't having to get the training ground cleaned (although that's part of it).

The issue is that its very likely that at least one of the players who hasn't tested positive is in the incubation period or asymptomatic where they could still spread the virus through the rest of the squad. Closing the training ground for 48hrs provides that circuit-breaker so anything like that can work itself out without the opportunity to spread further within club. 

Moving operations to another training ground wouldn't make any difference whatsoever as the players would still  be in contact with each other and at risk.

They will still be able to do virtual tactics training and playstyle reviews, and almost all of them will have home gyms they can use to keep up their fitness for a couple days, the only thing missing is pitch time and a few days off won't be the end of the world in that regard. May even do them some good based on recent weeks.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

"The decision was taken with guidance from medical advisors after the Club resubmitted its application for postponement after confirmation this morning (Thursday) of further positive tests for Covid-19 within the first team squad. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

They're postponing games for the weekend now...

This is just going to snowball into no football at all now isn't it

If it's being predicted that there will be a million Omicron cases a day by the end of this month there's no way fans will be in stadiums.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/14/uk-omicron-infections-one-million-a-day-end-december-covid-christmas

I don't want to go back to watching Euro 96 re-runs :cry:

• Sad 2