Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Tottenham next up (H). Postponed

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Which players? Name them? Play the youngsters then

Spurs youngsters? Their academy has been shut down as well because of the huge outbreak. 

It feels odd to be concerned about the welfare of Spurs players, but I have to admit to feeling uneasy about rushing back players who have had Covid to come back and play full matches this quickly. I am surprised that the PFA haven't kicked up more of a fuss about it all. 

10 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Spurs youngsters? Their academy has been shut down as well because of the huge outbreak. 

It feels odd to be concerned about the welfare of Spurs players, but I have to admit to feeling uneasy about rushing back players who have had Covid to come back and play full matches this quickly. I am surprised that the PFA haven't kicked up more of a fuss about it all. 

Seems the footballing authorities are clueless on what to do and our letting Spurs do whatever Spurs say

7 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Seems the footballing authorities are clueless on what to do and our letting Spurs do whatever Spurs say

They definitely need some Covid specific rules relating to this, and don't really understand why Man U have called off their match. In the case of Spurs though, if we had been in the position they were in (with that number of first teamers out, plus u23s out of action), we would 100% be called for games to be postponed. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Do we know they have actually had covid or forced to self isolate due to being vaccine hesitant 

Have they had more players unavailable than us? 

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Do we know they have actually had covid or forced to self isolate due to being vaccine hesitant 

Have they had more players unavailable than us? 

Only going on the news reports, but yes, they stated players tested positive for Covid. And it was said to be 8 or 9 I think. Our were described as 'a couple have tested positive' the others were just ill.

Having had a quick glimpse of their forum, they are a deluded bunch aren't they. Spewing stuff like:

'oh why do their fans hate us so much - they are insignificant to us' and then saying stuff like

'Leicester are extremely annoying one of the chaviest fanbases around. Hope we smash them' 

'Who here hates Leicester and their cunting fans ? They are obsessed with us. Take one look at their forums and the anti Spurs bile is rife every time we play them. Can’t stand them.' 

"Let's ****ing murder 'em!"

5 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

To be fair, the spurs hate does confuse me a little. To me they are just another club who, apart from a few months in 2016, we have never had any kind of rivalry with.

Nothing to do with 2016 for me. 

I was trapped in convent garden in 99 and seeing what most of their lot got upto that day changed my views on how low certain football "fans" will stoop. 

6 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Is there a lot of Spurs hate on here? I've not really noticed it. It feels more like most posters view them as a joke club. An also-ran club with a lot of money. 

To be fair, I think we hate everybody lol

Maybe not Brentford....yet.

Tbh, I dislike any club that's not Leicester city. They can all suck a fat one.

This whole:

-They are scum 

-they are chavs

-they are inbreds

-they are obsessed with us etc

Is bollox. Every club has fans that fall into the categories above (and others not mentioned).  Many make the same remarks about other clubs and so on.

Let's just say it's banter and our passions for loving our own club. So yes, spurs are a bunch of inbred, scummy chavs who are obsessed with being pissed  that they couldnt catch us and it pains them to no end. 

Stick that up your fighting limp cock forum.

Oh and fuk the other 18 EPL clubs ,  they too are a bunch of chavs!

20 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

To be fair, I think we hate everybody lol

Maybe not Brentford....yet.

True. We even hate our fellow City fans, everybody that has ever worn a City shirt and even the guy who thought of putting a clapper on every seat.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Is there a lot of Spurs hate on here? I've not really noticed it. It feels more like most posters view them as a joke club. An also-ran club with a lot of money. 

Stems from the League Cup final when Justin Edinburgh got Savage sent off!!

He hated is on par with Leeds/Chelsea or Celtic /Rangers!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Can't be bothered to read everything. In short, am I watching footie on Thurs Eve?

Maybe...maybe not....Apparently  its upto Boris Johnson so expect a firm decision ...on Friday Morning!!!