Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

Randers FC (A) - 24th February

1 hour ago, L1neker08 said:

Anyone on the 0630 from Stanstead to AAlburg on the Thursday morning, heading down to Randers by train?

41 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes. I need to go to Randers (for ticket pick up) then onto Aarhus (hotel check in) then back to Randers (for the match) though!

Yes me and a mate are on this one (6:50?) but staying in Aarhus on Thu night. Thinking of not going down to Aarhus until after the match to avoid the extra travel by having to come back to Randers from Aarhus. We'll need somewhere to leave our bags in Randers though until after the game.

Land 1430 - scrap with AGF ultras at the airport 

Have a drink

Throw Chairs

Fold Clappers in the hotel

Round 2 with AGF ultras in the evening 

Early scrap with locals at Barrys at Randers 

Round 3 with AGF post-match at Aarhus Train Station 

Get in Copenhagen have a go with Section 12 

Then on Saturday morning meet up with Brondby's lads 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Doesn anyone know if the train to/from randers from Aarhus is just rock up rather than having to book a specific train in advance?> 

I looked this morning you can do either but bear in mind just turning up is more expensive. 

I'm flying into Billund from Manchester Wed evening, hotel there over night. Hiring a car and driving up to Aarhus for the day to explore, then onto Randers for the game. 

After that not sure whether to book a hotel in Randers (seem to be sold out everywhere) or drive down to Aarhus and get a hotel there and go out drinking.

Then Friday a casual trip back to Billund to fly back to Manchester that evening.

Bring it on, first European away day for me! :scarf:

Edited by djskydiver

15 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Anyone know train details for Billund Airport to Aarhus? 

And likewise, likely cost for taxis? 

No direct train from Billund Airport. You’d have to get a taxi or bus to Billund train station and then train to Aarhus. 

There’s a bus from Billund Airport which goes directly to Aarhus. 

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

No direct train from Billund Airport. You’d have to get a taxi or bus to Billund train station and then train to Aarhus. 

There’s a bus from Billund Airport which goes directly to Aarhus. 

Yes, I will be using the bus for my return journey. Takes about an hour and half, 2/3 stops on the way. Little bit quicker than train and no swapping/changing. Cost is 162 DKK I believe (so around £14).

I just logged on to browse Arsenal tickets and there was ONE ticket left for this. I bought it as it was surely meant to be...?! Despite not wanting to go the universe has clearly spoken to me. I have not booked any travel/accommodaton or leave from work, I've read through this thread and noticed a few are travelling solo, I've never done things like this before alone so may DM some of you if that is OK. I think i may be able to drag a friend/family along to Denmark for a day or two but obvs not on matchday

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I just logged on to browse Arsenal tickets and there was ONE ticket left for this. I bought it as it was surely meant to be...?! Despite not wanting to go the universe has clearly spoken to me. I have not booked any travel/accommodaton or leave from work, I've read through this thread and noticed a few are travelling solo, I've never done things like this before alone so may DM some of you if that is OK. I think i may be able to drag a friend/family along to Denmark for a day or two but obvs not on matchday

I went Porto on my tod as well, it's fine. 

Sometime better to have the freedom to go where you want. 

I'm sure there will be many of us about for a beer

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I went Porto on my tod as well, it's fine. 

Sometime better to have the freedom to go where you want. 

I'm sure there will be many of us about for a beer

Yeh true tbh even if i get the leave i may have to work in spare time around the match looking at my diary, plus I assume Aarhus is pretty dull and can be done in a few hours anyway, mainly bothered about drinking with others pre match!

23 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I did Brugge, Copenhagen and Porto solo. Warsaw I travelled with a mate. This one solo again. I get on quite well with travelling alone (I like my peace and quiet but it is also easy to meet others on your travels in various spots).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

That's definitely fate.

That sole ticket was sent from the gods.

• Haha 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
35 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Solo travel makes the man. I spent my YOOF with a backpack and a fistful of dollars, great fun. Stay in hostels, always a great place to meet interesting folks in addition to blue shirt spotting.

7 minutes ago, Paddy_D said:

Has anyone used Trainline for booking train tickets in Denmark? Looks straight forward but never used them before for booking trains abroad.  

Not Denmark, but have used them to book trains in France before and that worked absolutely fine. That's what I was going to use unless others had found a better way.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

If anyone is coming via Copenhagen, hit me up, work at a decent bar pretty central! Would be nice to see some city fans.

We’re in CH Friday night, three of us fly back next day, what’s the name of your bar? Cheers