Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

Randers FC (A) - 24th February

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

They have them in Denmark too but just won't you would hope have the dogshit corrupt attitude. 

It mostly stems from Spain being a police state not that long a go and the fact the police that they draft in for the games are non local and still retain the authority or at least the mentality that it is a police state today.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It mostly stems from Spain being a police state not that long a go and the fact the police that they draft in for the games are non local and still retain the authority or at least the mentality that it is a police state today.  

Plus they dislike the English, for obvious stereotypical reasons 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Wouldn't really call it a square - it's more of a road. 

Like to think we will show the locals some respect - being their biggest game ever, I can imagine half of the town will be on a half day. 

I'm hoping for a well mannered mingling of both sets of fans to be honest. 

Should be a good day. 

I love the rivalry games and more competitive feelings when we come up against the bigger sides but this scenario is equally, if not more appealing. 

In Brugge we had a cracking atmosphere in town but was also good to talk to their fans in good spirits rather than some ramped up fake aggression you sometimes get. 

Edited by Lako42
  • Like 1

On 02/02/2022 at 15:22, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes, I will be using the bus for my return journey. Takes about an hour and half, 2/3 stops on the way. Little bit quicker than train and no swapping/changing. Cost is 162 DKK I believe (so around £14).

Any details for this? cant seem to find it on google

15 hours ago, djskydiver said:

If anyone is booking a hotel via Expedia here is an 8% discount code! :D

AFFUKHOTEL8Q12022

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Are there any hotels left? My mate left it last minute and he had a choice between 2 star hotels 10 miles away or a huge air b n b.

Thanks a lot for this, v helpful. There are a lot of options in Aarhus, i just booked into a Scandic

EDIT - code did not work, property would not accept it, thanks anyway.

Edited by grobyfox1990

11 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Excellent thank you, i arrive into Billund at 10.55 on Weds morning, given ryanair exaggerate arrival times i am confident of catching the 11am bus. Just booked flights and accomodation whilst taking a s**t break in the office after the above poster scared me by saying there are hardly any hotels available. Just need the leave from work approved now and im off

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Excellent thank you, i arrive into Billund at 10.55 on Weds morning, given ryanair exaggerate arrival times i am confident of catching the 11am bus. Just booked flights and accomodation whilst taking a s**t break in the office after the above poster scared me by saying there are hardly any hotels available. Just need the leave from work approved now and im off

All 22 hotel rooms in Randers are fully booked is what they meant I think. 20 of which are for ticket collection.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Is anyone pre booking the Aarhus - Randers train ticket for match day? I would prefer doing so as it'll save time and bother, but the unknown of when ticket collections in Randers will end is putting me off. A vague idea of when anyone else is planning to leave would be useful

We are leaving that open until the day. Only concern from us is after the game - trains go down to hourly from 2201. 

I even looked into hiring a coach and just filling it up with City fans but the coach company I found wanted £60 pp. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We are leaving that open until the day. Only concern from us is after the game - trains go down to hourly from 2201. 

I even looked into hiring a coach and just filling it up with City fans but the coach company I found wanted £60 pp. 

Ok thanks, ive looked at the DSB train site and it appears to me the first direct train back to Aarhus post match is at 23.01, then hourly at 1 minute past the hour

54 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Is anyone pre booking the Aarhus - Randers train ticket for match day? I would prefer doing so as it'll save time and bother, but the unknown of when ticket collections in Randers will end is putting me off. A vague idea of when anyone else is planning to leave would be useful

I will likely pre-book all trains as soon as the club confirm pick-up details. Remember the match is at 18:45 local time so will be finished around 20:35ish at the very earliest (ET and pens possible). The trains back to Aarhus are 21:01 or 22:01 (and then every hour at 1 minute past until last train maybe?).

I land in Aalborg Thursday morning so am planning to go from the airport to Randers, pick my ticket up (assuming location is there, got to be though), train to Aarhus (lunch/drinks/check-in to hotel), train to Randers for the match, train back.

For the match I will probably get the 16:20 or 16:50 (30 odd minute journey so gives plenty of time before the match). I am unsure whether I want to go to a bar in Randers pre-match or not or just hang about in Aarhus for longer. Then I will get the 22:01 back (which works even with ET/pens).

If you look at pre-booking there are two options:

- Orange ticket (non-refundable) cheapest

- Orange Fri (refundable up to 30 minutes before departure), slightly more expensive but not that much and gives a safety net if you know you will be delayed for whatever reason

The standard tickets, I believe, are fixed price whether bought in advance or on the day. As most of the train tickets are £5 or less on the "Orange" price, I will probably risk it.

Edited by KrefelderFox666
  • Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Fair play for trying though mate 👍

16 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Plus they dislike the English, for obvious stereotypical reasons 

9 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

22.01 seems the best as long as they don't keep you in the ground for an hour like Warsaw & Napoli. :D and make you catch a bus or order a taxi. 

Naples Police is awful 😖 

Guest David Oldfields Gate
1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

I wish this was next week. 

I'm gagging for a trip now

Oh yes. Gives you time to knit some thermals...