Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2022

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is good, I think we will have three teams capable of winning this year… will be a great season. I love hamilton but I’m really happy to see the sport become highly competitive 

There’s just something about that Ferrari team, even at this early stage. Got a feeling about them.. 

• Like 1

Great to see Ferrari at the front, nice to see some different names in the points.

Mclaren have a lot of work to do sadly, can’t see Norris or Ricciardo having a good season.

With Gasly, Verstappen and Perez having late reliability issues it puts big question mark over early claims Red bull might be contenders.

Interesting season ahead.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

Just watched the race and personally I think that was a waste of 125 million per team. The whole point of redesigning the cars was to make for closer racing and more overtaking, we had a car win from pole and If the red bulls hadn’t have had technical problems, the top 5 would have been the same as the race start. All that appears to have happened is they’ve  swapped the leading car, merc for Ferrari, which will no doubt change back round once merc get to grips with a poor initial design.

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Just watched the race and personally I think that was a waste of 125 million per team. The whole point of redesigning the cars was to make for closer racing and more overtaking, we had a car win from pole and If the red bulls hadn’t have had technical problems, the top 5 would have been the same as the race start. All that appears to have happened is they’ve  swapped the leading car, merc for Ferrari, which will no doubt change back round once merc get to grips with a poor initial design.

Think you're looking at a bit too negatively, cars clearly could follow better but I think them getting to grips with the tyre management kept it at bay. End of the day the fruits of these rules will probably come in a season or two when the pack is a lot closer. But we could potentially be looking at 3 teams being able to win it this year which I don't think is a bad thing 

A very VERY intriguing start to the season.

Full of fascinating talking points and really bodes well for an exciting unpredictable season.

Happy to see Ferrari do well today.  Leclerc and Sainz are likeable and are the perfect leading men for a team like Ferrari.

Personally hoping Mercedes can close that gap of course but a second a lap behind the leaders is a mountain to climb.

13 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Think you're expecting a little too much from it all. The midfield has definitely had a shake up, but yes I was a little disappointed that it still seemed like the top 3 teams had enough to just pull away from the pack like previous years. It was always going to be the same teams near the front. I think a few laps of Leclerc/Max battling and the handful of laps at the end is all that race had, the rest was actually pretty average. First true test of these new regs working will be Melbourne next month. 

14 hours ago, Strokes said:

Great to see Ferrari at the front, nice to see some different names in the points.

Mclaren have a lot of work to do sadly, can’t see Norris or Ricciardo having a good season.

With Gasly, Verstappen and Perez having late reliability issues it puts big question mark over early claims Red bull might be contenders.

Interesting season ahead.

Basically said everything i was going to say.

Really enjoyed Mercedez and RB struggles.  Haas i think will have a decent start to the season but will fade away when teams around them upgrade.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Unsure how true, but very very interesting potential

17 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah it's true, apparently McLaren had an issue with it but were able to replace it before the race 

Not the fuel pumps according the the Dutch press, seen somewhere else to might be down to the E10 fuel getting too hot.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/mark-hughes-explains-the-roots-of-red-bulls-defeat/

Edited by Simmo86

12 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Not the fuel pumps according the the Dutch press, seen somewhere else to might be down to the E10 fuel getting too hot.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/mark-hughes-explains-the-roots-of-red-bulls-defeat/

I think it's probably related tbf, but it seems both were fuel pump issues. Although Gasly had a MGUK issue 

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Unsure how true, but very very interesting potential

I know it's the Twitter posters words not yours, but bit of a weird statement from him. Might be a standard part, but we don't know how the teams are operating them. You can have the same pump being run at higher temperatures that affect the spindle seals or seat, faster impeller speeds, greater lower dP at inlet and outlet. Pumps are off the shelf parts for most applications and they're about as optimised as you can get so doubt there's some fundamental flaw in the part. 

The liklihood of these pumps, if it was them, failing after the same amount of duty cycles on the same car would suggest it was being run out of spec.

• Like 1