Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2022

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I guess some would have a race each week if they could and money talks doesn't it?

But the driver and team deserve some rest...

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12571158/stefano-domenicali-f1-boss-on-potential-new-races-and-teams-in-martin-brundle-exclusive

30 is ridiculous for the teams. i know they choose to work in f1, but they are all human with families etc

a few years ago i was at the force india office and overhead a mercedes & force india employee conversation about 21 races being too much. can only imagine what they think to 30 

• Like 2

Fans too, man. 

I'm absolutely obsessed with F1, and when there's a race weekend I usually watch practices, quali, the race itself. Plus F2 and F3. 

23 races is on the absolute limit, in fact I'd prefer 20 and cut out some of the shit races (Paul Ricard). 30 is ridiculous. That's most weekends of my year dominated by F1.

You can have too much of a good thing and individual races become pretty meaningless if there's too many in the season. Happy that Hamilton has the all-time wins record? Well if there's 30 races a season Max (or Charles, Lando or whoever) is going to absolutely destroy all his records purely by virtue of having extra races.

I get that if something is popular you want to supply more of it, but you can really dilute the quality by providing too much quantity. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Why do we need ****ing 3 American races as well, I don't get why they don't just do an alternate calender to have more tracks and then have your "legacy circuits" guaranteed, keeps the calender fresh and stops diluting with so much shit. 

I like the idea of certain races (Imola, Nurburgring, Istanbul etc) being once every two years. 

1 hour ago, LiberalFox said:

Controversially I would be quite happy to see the back of Monaco. It's just not entertaining outside of qualifying. 

I got slated for saying this last year. The cars are too big to pass each on that track now, whether it alters with the new regs this year is anyone's guess, due to them being able to stick behind a bit more, but I doubt it

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

I got slated for saying this last year. The cars are too big to pass each on that track now, whether it alters with the new regs this year is anyone's guess, due to them being able to stick behind a bit more, but I doubt it

Thing is the turbulent air isn't really the issue, it's just too narrow and there aren't any spots to realistically overtake. The problem is drivers and teams know this so apart from around the pitstop they are just cruising so nobody is hitting the walls either. I don't know if there's any possibility of fixing the circuit, what would be amazing is if there was some way onto a major road that they could then go up and down sort of making it a bit like old hockenheim. Then teams would be needing to compromise on wing levels to cope with the current section. 

1 hour ago, Asha said:

I like the idea of certain races (Imola, Nurburgring, Istanbul etc) being once every two years. 

I think it's a system that could easily work, you could even have say 7 legacy tracks (Sao Paulo,Monaco,Silverstone,Monza,Spa,Suzuka & Canada) then have the same amount for the obvious cash grabs like Saudi and that, then have a rotating order of the remaining lot. Would keep it a lot more fresh, and in dud seasons where one person has a rocket ship keeps it more interesting. 2020 on paper should've been awful, but the selection of different tracks really saved it 

On 23/03/2022 at 12:00, LiberalFox said:

Controversially I would be quite happy to see the back of Monaco. It's just not entertaining outside of qualifying. 

Monaco can be incredibly exciting about once every 7 or 8 years.

It’s still hands down the hardest track to drive though. You need all kinds of tracks to test a drivers abilities and that includes slow, incredibly tight and sharp cornering tracks like Monaco.

Getting rid of it just further fancies fast, straight, open tracks which I get have more overtaking. And favours certain drivers.

But to win the Premier League, you need to be able to beat well organised teams like Burnley and Wolves as well as those who try and match you. Same deal with F1, you need the tight, sharp tracks like Monaco in there to test different skill sets.

Getting rid of it lessens the multiple and all-round challenges that being a great race driver should be about.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Craig said:

As much as I'm looking forward to a race weekend without football interrupting it, there's absolutely no way it should go ahead. Get everyone away from there safe and sound.

Quite - if this was in most places they’d be out of there ASAP.

Going by this report seems they have probably be threatened with sanctions and not being allowed to leave the country if they refused to race .

Even less reason to race there if they are dictated to like that ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60880598

Edited by Super_horns

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Quite - if this was in most places they’d be out of there ASAP.

Going by this report seems they have probably be threatened with sanctions and not being allowed to leave the country if they refused to race .

Even less reason to race there if they are dictated to like that ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60880598

Don't remember the full details, but WWE went there one year and the wrestlers weren't allowed out for a short period because of a disagreement as well lol