Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2022

Helmet cam is fine for quali laps, where you can see the driver's eye view of lapping as fast as possible. But for overtakes you can barely see the car in front. 

That said I don't think the night race and lights helped at all and it'll likely be better in daytime races. 

27 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Helmet cam is fine for quali laps, where you can see the driver's eye view of lapping as fast as possible. But for overtakes you can barely see the car in front. 

That said I don't think the night race and lights helped at all and it'll likely be better in daytime races. 

I think it’s interesting replay perspective to show after the race, during red flags, safety cars or as you say in qualifying but they are using it when we are trying to watch racing and it’s complete shit. 

Desperately unlucky for Perez, had the handle on everyone before the safety car misfortune.

Looks like there's next to nothing between Ferrari and Red Bull which bodes well.  At least we won't see one team absolutely walk it.

No real improvement at all for Mercedes, still an absolute mile away from the leaders.  It's embarrassing they've turned up to this season in such a state.  Probably wasn't the greatest idea to allow Red Bull to poach the cream of their Powertrain team after all.

Despite that Russell did the best he could and Hamilton drove a fantastic race behind him after his qually setup howler.  If the strategy guys had been quicker to react to the VSC Hamilton might have gotten 6th.  But overall he didn't get the luck with the safety cars unfortunately.  Rumour of a big update for Imola so let's see where they are then. 

Echo the sentiment about the helmet cam.  Great for adverts but absolutely terrible for following the action.  Bin.

Also, I'm ready for a good old fashioned daytime race.  The cars kinda look pretty on these night circuits but they ain't half soulless.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Echo the sentiment about the helmet cam.  Great for adverts but absolutely terrible for following the action.  Bin.

Also, I'm ready for a good old fashioned daytime race.  The cars kinda look pretty on these night circuits but they ain't half soulless.  

I don’t think there’s a single decent Middle Eastern circuit, perhaps Abu Dhabi. It’s just rubbish. I’d get more races at those 2020 circuits in Europe, get Istanbul and Shanghai back on the circuit asap. 

If it’s going to be Verstappen v Leclerc this year then literally the whole world will be cheering for Leclerc Netherlands aside. 

I know Mercedes are expected to get better but are they too far behind with their car to gain an advantage big enough to challenge for the title?

Edited by Lionator

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I know Mercedes are expected to get better but are they too far behind with their car to gain an advantage big enough to challenge for the title?

Yes they're dead already IMO. Even with Ferrari and Red Bull taking points off each other and neither running away with it, Merc aren't going to improve so much that they start beating them both regularly.

I think if they can sort out their straight line aero issues they can get up to a par with both of them, but then it's a three way fight for wins and will be even harder to reduce any deficit. 

Think everyone is being a bit OTT with regards to Mercedes. They showed in both races so far, Hamilton aside with setup issues this weekend, that they're in a world of their own, a little bit ahead of the rest of the field but a little bit more behind the top two. Obviously not where they want to be but the way people are going on about it you'd think they're struggling to score points at all. They've built a race winning car for nine years straight with a few different regulation changes, you can forgive them for messing up bit

If all 3 cars are on par mid season and Lewis has a big points defecit to make up is he that much better than leclerc and max that he can outperform them often enough to bridge a gap? Imo no, max and leclerc are the 2 best drivers to come through since Lewis started dominating 6 years ago, hard to say and he may be marginally better than them but not by such an amount that if the car he's in isn't clearly better he'll be able to make up a big defecit. Just imo. I do like Charles a lot though and always have so I'll be routing for him, even if I didn't I'd be rooting for him by default as Lewis and especially max are so unlikeable off track. 

18 hours ago, lildave3 said:

This obsession has been going for over 10 years man, you need some help.

lol 

If we're going to absolutely non-stop rim a man for winning when he's in the most dominant car of all time, we've equally got to call him out for putting in a bad shift when he's not. Qualified p16? Finished fvcking p10? With Russell easing into p5? The absolute shit Vettel got as soon as he lost that edge and stopped winning was insane, so Hamilton deserves that and more. 

"I maximised everything but I don't know if we did as a team". Jesus, if p10 is Lewis maximising then Russell is the second coming and Mercedes don't need Hamilton anymore.

There's a lot of talk about that he won't be arsed enough to finish the season seeing as he can't just cruise to the title this year. Wouldn't be surprised. I bet Nyck de Vries would have at least made Q2.

4 hours ago, Asha said:

lol 

If we're going to absolutely non-stop rim a man for winning when he's in the most dominant car of all time, we've equally got to call him out for putting in a bad shift when he's not. Qualified p16? Finished fvcking p10? With Russell easing into p5? The absolute shit Vettel got as soon as he lost that edge and stopped winning was insane, so Hamilton deserves that and more. 

"I maximised everything but I don't know if we did as a team". Jesus, if p10 is Lewis maximising then Russell is the second coming and Mercedes don't need Hamilton anymore.

There's a lot of talk about that he won't be arsed enough to finish the season seeing as he can't just cruise to the title this year. Wouldn't be surprised. I bet Nyck de Vries would have at least made Q2.

One bad shift though isn't it, if it carries on over the whole season then fair enough creaming your pants over his failure.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

I'm not sure why there are so many people who dislike Hamilton so much, it's not just here but there always a few on every F1 discussion I've read. 

Because he has this air of superiority about him outside the car, not in a sportsman way which he more than deserves but this moralistic high horse attitude that is so hypocritical its bordering on sickening. Talking about him in the car you'll find few genuine motorsports fans with nothing but praise for him but when it comes to outside the car he's a bit of a nob. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Asha said:

lol 

Rent free.

Hamilton did absolutely everything he could to maximise what was available.  If the team had been better in terms of strategy and the pit stops themselves he could and probably should have finished 6th.  Just didn't get the rub.  

But there's no point reasoning with you, if he wins it's the car, if he loses it's because he's shit.  

As for peoples comments about Hamilton's personality off the track, he shares a lot of traits with other serial winners.  They aren't very nice people.  They don't have much to say and aren't really interesting in anything other than their obessession.  Schumacher was famously difficult, as was Senna, as was Mansell.  It goes on and on and on.  

Never meet your heroes.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Rent free.

Hamilton did absolutely everything he could to maximise what was available.  If the team had been better in terms of strategy and the pit stops themselves he could and probably should have finished 6th.  Just didn't get the rub.  

But there's no point reasoning with you, if he wins it's the car, if he loses it's because he's shit.  

As for peoples comments about Hamilton's personality off the track, he shares a lot of traits with other serial winners.  They aren't very nice people.  They don't have much to say and aren't really interesting in anything other than their obessession.  Schumacher was famously difficult, as was Senna, as was Mansell.  It goes on and on and on.  

Never meet your heroes.

Agree with that, but it is why people don't really warm to him much and with a lot of people I think it let's them cloud his racing ability. 

20 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Rent free.

Never meet your heroes.

The kid is a Ferrari fan, who have seemingly built a legal, championship contender of a car for the first time in a decade and all he can focus on is Hamilton lol The worst sort of fan

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

I'm not sure why there are so many people who dislike Hamilton so much, it's not just here but there always a few on every F1 discussion I've read. 

For me, I was a big rosberg fan before he made the switch to Merc and it was only the natural course. But I think a big part of it is what I'd dub the Man United effect. Most casual watchers probably like him, but if you're watching every race a season and he constantly wins for a period of nearly 8 year now then it's hard not to push back a bit. I had the same thing with schumi as a kid, was even worse cause Williams were in the fight here and there. He does come off as really fake off track, but a lot of them have been coming across as proper wettys lately.  I do think a lot of it is victim of circumstance, but he doesn't help himself in certain situations