Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2022

16 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Tbh I've always found the way people loyally follow one individual to be a bit weird. Whether it's F1, football (Messi v Ronaldo), music or film. The very strange cult-like brainwashing that goes into people is odd, who then back an individual to the hilt, no matter what.

Hamilton/Mercedes v Verstappen/Red Bull is absolutely tiresome "HOW CAN YOU HATE HIM" "HOW CAN YOU LIKE HIM" It's almost... almost as if people have different perceptions and views.

It's been a fantastic start to the season, and it's been so good that the vast majority have been able to put the end of 2021 behind them and focus on the great, close racing, but the usual crowd do like to have their boring fist fight about who is more awful.

I don't know how you can like or hate any of them. We don't know them, not even to a fraction. We see their public face, which is agenda driven and manicured by teams of 100s of PR people so they remain on script. Nothing they do or say is a 'surprise' or 'opening up' or 'from the heart' - its commercially driven to get their sponsors names in front of cameras and to drive their agenda forward.

48 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Tbh I've always found the way people loyally follow one individual to be a bit weird. Whether it's F1, football (Messi v Ronaldo), music or film. The very strange cult-like brainwashing that goes into people is odd, who then back an individual to the hilt, no matter what.

Hamilton/Mercedes v Verstappen/Red Bull is absolutely tiresome "HOW CAN YOU HATE HIM" "HOW CAN YOU LIKE HIM" It's almost... almost as if people have different perceptions and views.

It's been a fantastic start to the season, and it's been so good that the vast majority have been able to put the end of 2021 behind them and focus on the great, close racing, but the usual crowd do like to have their boring fist fight about who is more awful.

The weirder part is when people like Jonny or whatever his name was comes on to tell us he's a Verstappen fan, and doesn't like Hamilton because of traits that both (if not all) drivers share. 

I do find the criticism of team principals particularly Wolff and Horner a bit odd too. Two people operating at the the very top of world sport need to play the game. We’ve seen it in top coaches etc. You’d struggle to find anyone who has succeeded at the highest level who isn’t a bit of a knob, it’s practically written in the rule book. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Why on earth have they done that? One of the trickiest corners on the track, there's enough circuits with 2 mile straights. 

Yes I know it was one of the best sections. 

They just want to create more overtaking DRS zones. 

Racing there has been drab for a good few years now so I don't see any issue with the changes they've made, but think they've missed a trick in not tightening up the T9/10 chicane, you won't get overtaking there and any time gained building up to it will most likely be lost through the chicane anyway. Would be a shame to change it up though as its a great corner

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Mercedes absolutely miles off the pace in free practice.

Didn't bring a single new bit to the race so going to be another weekend of the car being complete s**t. 

9 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Didn't bring a single new bit to the race so going to be another weekend of the car being complete s**t. 

Think on race day in Bahrain they were open and said there'd be no upgrades until they get to Europe. These first 3 races were just trying to manage it as best they can. Honking this weekend though