Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2022

I love Martin but he's gotta stop this "random person on the grid" thing. 

He went up to some bloke, basically asked "who are you then?" and started panicking when the guy mentioned and started advertising Heineken lol 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Asha said:

I love Martin but he's gotta stop this "random person on the grid" thing. 

He went up to some bloke, basically asked "who are you then?" and started panicking when the guy mentioned and started advertising Heineken lol 

He asked him once and didn't get an answer too. He had to press him to get one then didn't like it lol

lol  Link

Two-time Formula One world champion Mika Hakkinen has suggested Lewis Hamilton will already be thinking about the prospect of joining another team following Mercedes' challenging start to the campaign. The Silver Arrows are already facing a fight to salvage their season with Hamilton now a staggering 43 points behind leader Charles Leclerc following the Ferrari star's conclusive victory in Melbourne last weekend.

Hamilton, who extended his contract with Mercedes until 2023 last July, has been left to rue his team's inability to improve their car despite notable changes. And in the view of Hakkinen, Mercedes' problems could see Hamilton question his future with the German manufacturers.

"I'm afraid this will be a really difficult season for Lewis," the 1998 and 1999 world champion told Unibet. "Now start the natural thought process of drivers. Should I go somewhere else? It's a fact."

He even claimed Hamilton is 'sulking' because Russell is ahead of him in the standings after securing a podium finish in Australia. He added: "It's already difficult for Mercedes, but especially for Lewis. George comes from a team with little to no success - he had some good qualifying results but not in the races. All these achievements with Mercedes are new to him, everything feels super good.

"For Lewis, this is a disaster. And, with George being ahead, it's even worse. I wonder how Lewis behaves in the team meetings. I bet he's sulking - I can imagine it! Lots of complaining and whining."

lol Yes Mika. 

I can imagine it too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Asha said:

There's been a lot of rumours about that Vettel might imminently retire and bin off the season given how shit Aston Martin seem to be. So there might be an option for Hamilton to move there.

There's absolutely zero chance of Hamilton leaving Mercedes and going to Aston Martin lol

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

He would be number one there though 

I wouldn't count on it. Stroll has almost matched him in their battles on track this season and with his Dad making the decisions I can't see how he'd alllow anyone to prioritise Hamilton over his son. 

I mean, it's not like he's reigning champion or anything... 

Joking aside, I see the end for Seb tbh. 

He's achieved so much in the sport; multiple champion, broken many records, Ferrari hero, and now he's at the back in a shitbox. He has a young family, all the money he'll ever need and clearly no desire to remain in the spotlight. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he didn't fancy this year. And who could blame him.

And if Aston Martin are continuing their philosophy of copying the previous year's Mercedes, next year will be fvcking shit too so there's no real light at the end of the tunnel. 

10 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I don't really get why he went there, get wanting to go out on your own terms but Aston Martin is a real mess at the moment by the sounds of it. I always thought he was really unfortunate that it wasn't a straight swap, I feel like seb and Lando would've been a good lineup too rather than what they got 

I guess the hope was always that with the money behind them they'd nail the new regs. But now that they clearly haven't, it doesn't leave him in a great place. Seb at McLaren would have been great. 

When you've got a serial winner of days gone by in a position where they're almost certainly not going to win again, I'd rather they retired and made room for the plethora of talented youth coming through. I felt the same about Kimi, Felipe baby, to some extent Alonso (although Alpine might cause a surprise or two this year) and now with Seb. 

Edited by Asha

2 minutes ago, Asha said:

When you've got a serial winner of days gone by in a position where they're almost certainly not going to win again, I'd rather they retired and made room for the plethora of talented youth coming through. I felt the same about Kimi, Felipe baby, to some extent Alonso (although Alpine might cause a surprise or two this year) and now with Seb. 

It depends, I think for those you mentioned I didn't have an issue, although was happy when Alonso got out of McLaren. Seb dossing at the back of the grid is quite sad because of the failure at Ferrari at well, kinda feels like put him out of his misery.

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It depends, I think for those you mentioned I didn't have an issue, although was happy when Alonso got out of McLaren. Seb dossing at the back of the grid is quite sad because of the failure at Ferrari at well, kinda feels like put him out of his misery.

I'm with you on that, although 'failure' seems harsh - even though that's how he described it himself! He's third in Ferrari F1 history on race wins, behind only Schumacher and Lauda. There were opportunities for sure though, and Leclerc coming in and immediately outperforming him definitely counts against him. 

8 minutes ago, Asha said:

I'm with you on that, although 'failure' seems harsh - even though that's how he described it himself! He's third in Ferrari F1 history on race wins, behind only Schumacher and Lauda. There were opportunities for sure though, and Leclerc coming in and immediately outperforming him definitely counts against him. 

He got a bit too soft at Ferrari in the end, not sure whether it was because he didn't have the backing like he had with Marko and Horner. Could be as simple as getting the chance to live his dream in schumis red car as well as just growing old but the best vettel was when he was a full on ****.

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

Agreed. He had the unquestioned backing at Ferrari until a younger cheaper driver started beating him in the same car and then it very quickly went south. But any team will start thinking about moving aside the guy on big bucks for the guy with more potential when the balance shifts. 

Similarly, if Russell keeps beating Hamilton, Mercedes will soon want the latter and his massive salary out of the door.