Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2022

Had to double take that Imola was RB's first 1-2 since Malaysia 2016? No digs, just a really surprising statistic albeit maybe not so shocking given Mercedes dominance in the past 8 seasons.

Edited by Zear0

36 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Had to double take that Imola was RB's first 1-2 since Malaysia 2016? No digs, just a really surprising statistic albeit maybe not so shocking given Mercedes dominance in the past 8 seasons.

Yeah it felt mad to me as well, ironic that race was the OG abu Dhabi for the Lewis fans as well lol

4 hours ago, Super_horns said:

The FIA don’t want more sprint races .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61237029

Caused a bit of a rift it seems .

Probably don’t want them taking away from what the sport is really about and the traditional way it’s run over a weekend .

Good. They’re such a boring procession. The proper qualifying against the clock is way more exciting.

• Like 2

https://www.skysports.com/share/12600297

Formula 1 race directors Eduardo Freitas and Niels Wittich test positive for Covid-19 ahead of Miami Grand Prix

Formula 1 race directors Eduardo Freitas and Niels Wittich have both tested positive for Covid-19 ahead of next weekend's Miami GP, Sky Sports News has learned.

Sky Sports News understands both tested positive this week. It would mean there is a reasonable chance one might be negative for the inaugural Miami event, which gets under way next Friday.

People travelling to the USA are required to show a negative Covid-19 test result taken no more than one day before travel.

The FIA will not comment on what it describes as "unsubstantiated" reports and says it would "only disclose medical information about our personnel if it was relevant to the running of the event".

Freitas and Wittich are the only two nominated race directors for the 2022 season. They were appointed as replacements for Michael Masi following a review of the controversial 2021 season finale in Abu Dhabi.

Masi is currently in Australia and not thought to be a potential stand-in should Freitas and Wittich be unable to attend the Miami GP.

The more likely options would be British veterans Herbie Blash, long time deputy to the late Charlie Whiting, and Colin Haywood, who was due to be the deputy race director in Miami.

However, neither has filled the role of F1 race director before. Scott Elkins, who is the DTM race director, might be another option.

Steve Nielsen, Formula 1's sporting director, is understood not to be an option.

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Haha 2

Only a casual watcher of F1. What amazes me is that of course still a risky sport it is so much safer compared to my child hood of the 60s into the 70s when so many drivers were lost. They were almost like fighter pilots on missions. Almost surprised when they all came back in one piece after a race. Testament to the advances in safety.

38 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Only a casual watcher of F1. What amazes me is that of course still a risky sport it is so much safer compared to my child hood of the 60s into the 70s when so many drivers were lost. They were almost like fighter pilots on missions. Almost surprised when they all came back in one piece after a race. Testament to the advances in safety.

There’s still a few courses though where I think someone will get killed sooner or later. I still don’t know how Grogean survived that crash a couple of seasons ago.

38 minutes ago, Sampson said:

There’s still a few courses though where I think someone will get killed sooner or later. I still don’t know how Grogean survived that crash a couple of seasons ago.

Yes  I don't want to tempt fate. Still a dangerous game. Was just crazy back in the day

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Porsche and Audi entering F1?

Going to be a very crowded grid - who will miss out ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61300470

24 drivers on the grid would be the idea scenario tbh, Porsche looks to just be red bull engines with the sticker on though. Talks that apparently honda want back in so will be interesting if they'd want Porsche slapping their badge on their work