Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2022

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Hamilton hates his teammate already lmao

To be fair I wouldn't be surprised if he is a bit resentful right now.  Getting absolutely zero luck.  Not helped by his strategy team it has to be said.

He's been ****ed by the Safety Cars 3 times this season.  2 of them have allowed Russell past. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

To be fair I wouldn't be surprised if he is a bit resentful right now.  Getting absolutely zero luck.  Not helped by his strategy team it has to be said.

He's been ****ed by the Safety Cars 3 times this season.  2 of them have allowed Russell past. 

He’s massively benefited from Red Bull retirements though. Could never have dreamed of a podium in Bahrain if it wasn’t for the two DNFs in front of him. 

13 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Don't speak facts

7 minutes ago, Asha said:

He’s massively benefited from Red Bull retirements though. Could never have dreamed of a podium in Bahrain if it wasn’t for the two DNFs in front of him. 

True, although you could say everyone benefits when those in front get taken out.

Since then he's been desperately unlucky with safety cars and his teams strategy regarding them.  Basically ever since Abu Dhabi he hasn't had a jot of luck with safety cars! :nigel:

Another track chosen for money and commercial reasons over quality of racing.

Had to rely on a safety car to get some excitement.

Well done to Russell though for getting another top 5 position and Albon earning another point from no where .

I think the track was pretty decent and has potential tbh, just need to maybe straighten out slightly that silly chicane before the long straight. Probably had more overtaking into the first corner and the end of the curved straight than the end of the longest one surprisingly. Think the rule changes are definitely working re. following but Spain will be a pretty good test of that

1 hour ago, Asha said:

Well done Max. Another good battle.

Excellent drive from Russell too. Think it’s time Mercedes start to prioritise him in this championship! 

Still not that convinced by Russell. Certainly not a better driver than Hamilton.

Russell has been the luckiest driver all season. Like he took the only strategy he really could've done today due to his dreadful qualifying and stayed out as long as he could and basically got the perfect stroke of luck with the crash happening just as his tyres were starting to slow him down. That's not strategy or great racing, it's just doing the only thing you can to make up for your shitty Saturday and chance.

Feels a bit like when people were trying to make out Sainz was the better driver than Leclerc last season, when anyone could see Leclerc was the better driver but Sainz got more points right at the end because Leclerc made a mistake at Monaco and got out the points a couple of times due to the chaos after safety cars and pitstops backfiring for unforeseen reasons.

Edited by Sampson

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

Russell has been the luckiest driver all season. Like he took the only strategy he really could've done today due to his dreadful qualifying and stayed out as long as he could and basically got the perfect stroke of luck with the crash happening just as his tyres were starting to slow him down. That's not strategy or great racing, it's just doing the only thing you can to make up for your shitty Saturday and chance.

Tbf is it a shitty strategy when pretty much every race seems to have a crash and a VSC/SC currently?

10 hours ago, Collymore said:

I think a reverse race qualifying placement would be great (so last starts first)

Also bring back refuelling.  

So if you come last in qualifying you start the race first! Be prepared for 10 minute laps then.

Not sure Mercedes need to prioritise a driver (think it was a cheeky dig by the proposer!).  The car is a piece of s**t and as long as they rattle in points to get 3rd in constructor's, I doubt they care what order the drivers place.  Lewis not giving a toss about George having fresh tyres show they think the same that this season is a write-off.

12 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

So if you come last in qualifying you start the race first! Be prepared for 10 minute laps then.

I can't remember the exact details of the idea, I think it might have been reverse order of championship standings but it wasn't a goer as some of the tracks were harder to overtake than others so a lot of the teams rejected it but it would have undoubtedly added so much excitement. 

My idea is have qualifying as usual, pole gives you 12.5 points, winning race gives you 12.5 points but have reverse grid order so Max starts at the back and has to win race to get his full points. Gives crap teams a slightly better chance to score a point and a bit more camera time plus you're guaranteed overtaking!