Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2022

29 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

LeClerc could drive round Monaco on his own and still not win.

It’s the first time he has ever seen the chequered flag in any race he has taken part in at Monaco 

Edited by jammie82uk

9 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It’s the first time he has ever seen the chequered flag in any race he has taken part in at Monaco 

Hence why I made the post. It never goes well for him at home.

Unless I’m being stupid (it’s entirely possible) we was never likely to have a complete finished race based on laps today 

the 3 hour clock started at 2pm despite the start being delayed and no racing taking place 

Sergio Perez won with a time of 1:56:30.265 completing 64 laps 14 laps short of full race distance so even without the 3 hour clock we would have ran out of the 2 hour race clock 

The race officially started when the safety car led them out for the second time. They're then as far as I remember are supposed to finish in a 4 hour window... I thought if the race then gets red flagged the time stops, which is why I don't get why the race was shortened. I'm guessing the rules have changed 

Say it every year but anyone defending that as a motor race is making an attempt to defend the indefensible. 

The time has come to either do whatever it takes to alter the layout, or cancel the race altogether.  It's time has come.

I also type this knowing that absolutely nothing will be done because the teams/media love it for the money and the drivers love it because they live there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Say it every year but anyone defending that as a motor race is making an attempt to defend the indefensible. 

The time has come to either do whatever it takes to alter the layout, or cancel the race altogether.  It's time has come.

I also type this knowing that absolutely nothing will be done because the teams/media love it for the money and the drivers love it because they live there.

Would agree pretty much every year mate. However today was pretty good - albeit made interesting by the conditions. 

36 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

I wouldn't want to lose it completely but I feel it needs to be an exhibition or something, or reduced points, or even a time trial (although that essentially just qualifying). Not sure what to do, it not really a race, but imo it's one of the classics circuits that I wouldn't want to lose along with Silverstone, Spa, Monza, Interlagos, Canada, Hungary and Melbourne.