Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2022

On 20/06/2022 at 00:03, The Horse's Mouth said:

There's been a 95 point swing in 6 races, absolutely mental 

Yeah, I hadn't thought about that. Mad really. Easy call based on recent races, but I can't help but feel that this Max and Red Bull package is just too good and that they'll walk it from here. Ferrari and Leclerc look strong at times, but I just can't see them outperforming Max for the remainder of the season, let alone clawing back 40+ points. After the Vettel and Hamilton eras, I just hope we're not entering another which will primarily be dominated by one driver and team. Long way to go though, I guess. 

5 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Yeah, I hadn't thought about that. Mad really. Easy call based on recent races, but I can't help but feel that this Max and Red Bull package is just too good and that they'll walk it from here. Ferrari and Leclerc look strong at times, but I just can't see them outperforming Max for the remainder of the season, let alone clawing back 40+ points. After the Vettel and Hamilton eras, I just hope we're not entering another which will primarily be dominated by one driver and team. Long way to go though, I guess. 

Ferraris package seems quicker raw pace, but there's a few power tracks coming up which you'd imagine redbull have the advantage. Ferrari just seem so inexperienced and very Italian when it comes to being in a champions race.

Doing General admission for Silverstone again this year for all three days, did end of hanger straight on Sunday got there really early around 6am and got front row. 

Any suggestions for other GA areas for race day? apparently Copse you need GA + or something, any recommendations would be good, Beckets/Maggots is really good but think very popular so might have to get there extra early. 

Hoping it stays dry but not as hot as last year! 

On 23/06/2022 at 14:31, JonnyBoy said:

Doing General admission for Silverstone again this year for all three days, did end of hanger straight on Sunday got there really early around 6am and got front row. 

Any suggestions for other GA areas for race day? apparently Copse you need GA + or something, any recommendations would be good, Beckets/Maggots is really good but think very popular so might have to get there extra early. 

Hoping it stays dry but not as hot as last year! 

I have done GA a few times, a couple of times at Vale/Club corner and once on the Wellington straight. Vale is great but does get busy, depending on where you're parking it can be a really short walk, and I love the view. Although it's busy it slopes slightly, so you can still see! You get the view of the back markers on the start, the entrance to the pits, and usually a bit of drama on the curves. It's also where the British drivers stop for a wave and a freebie throw into the crowd before the race. 

The Wellington straight was quieter, and further from where we had parked, but we got there early and were sitting right in front of the fence. You can see the cars coming round from Luffield,  and we did see Kimi crash his Ferrari right in front of us. 

I've only ever done Becketts in the stands, and the same with Stowe, so can't comment on the GA area, sorry. 

I don't really think anywhere GA has a particularly bad view, so I'd probably just consider where you intend to park, how far you are prepared to walk, and go from there. Have fun, I'm very envious, we used to go every year when we still lived in the UK :)

On 24/06/2022 at 16:51, FoxesDeb said:

I have done GA a few times, a couple of times at Vale/Club corner and once on the Wellington straight. Vale is great but does get busy, depending on where you're parking it can be a really short walk, and I love the view. Although it's busy it slopes slightly, so you can still see! You get the view of the back markers on the start, the entrance to the pits, and usually a bit of drama on the curves. It's also where the British drivers stop for a wave and a freebie throw into the crowd before the race. 

The Wellington straight was quieter, and further from where we had parked, but we got there early and were sitting right in front of the fence. You can see the cars coming round from Luffield,  and we did see Kimi crash his Ferrari right in front of us. 

I've only ever done Becketts in the stands, and the same with Stowe, so can't comment on the GA area, sorry. 

I don't really think anywhere GA has a particularly bad view, so I'd probably just consider where you intend to park, how far you are prepared to walk, and go from there. Have fun, I'm very envious, we used to go every year when we still lived in the UK :)

we are parking at Whitlebury hall right next to the track near Becketts (did Park and ride last year and it was hell). 

When we chose hanger straight Vale was starting to get busy but couldn't understand why? is that because you get a good view of pits as well?

I want to do Copse but they have changed that corner and a few others for GA + (a way to make more money) so think it is between Becketts area and maybe Vale. Hanger straight was good but did go past very quick and didn't see much else of the track. Luffield seems to be very popular as well which is a slow corner.. maybe you get a good view of other parts of the circuit there.

Seems to be a but of a stretch at the first corner but i imagine that gets snapped up by the fast track passes. We got in for opening on Sunday at 6am and places were getting busy even at that time it is crazy 9 hours before the race 

40 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

we are parking at Whitlebury hall right next to the track near Becketts (did Park and ride last year and it was hell). 

When we chose hanger straight Vale was starting to get busy but couldn't understand why? is that because you get a good view of pits as well?

I want to do Copse but they have changed that corner and a few others for GA + (a way to make more money) so think it is between Becketts area and maybe Vale. Hanger straight was good but did go past very quick and didn't see much else of the track. Luffield seems to be very popular as well which is a slow corner.. maybe you get a good view of other parts of the circuit there.

Seems to be a but of a stretch at the first corner but i imagine that gets snapped up by the fast track passes. We got in for opening on Sunday at 6am and places were getting busy even at that time it is crazy 9 hours before the race 

If you can get there 1st thing, for GA i'd recommend woodcote, there's a small section in front of woodcote stand which gives a decent view of Luffield and the old start/finish up to copse as well as woodcote.