Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2022

I find myself less and less interested in this sport as each week passes. I think I've maybe watched one GP this year, and one qualifying session, the wounds of last season are still running deep lol Then you've got plums who are actually legends in the sport or are in current roles within the sport spouting absolute nonsense.

Prefer MotoGP nowdays, but tbh I haven't watched a lot of that either this season.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

1 hour ago, foxes1988 said:

Verstappen really is just a complete nob isn't he.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/verstappen-piquet-definitely-not-a-racist-but-hamilton-comment-not-correct/10330630/

Red Bull PR team must be pulling their hair out. 

Predictable though. He was hardly going to condemn the man who might one day be his father-in-law.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

27 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I don't really see the problem with that he condemned the use of the word and defended his father in law, he's not going to say he's a batshit racist is he 

Piquets comments (he also describes Hamilton in a similar manner when talking about keke and nico) was undeniably vile but whilst Verstappen condemns the use of the word he tries to 'make sense of it' by saying "I think the wording that was used, even though of course with different kinds of cultures and things they said when they were little and younger, was not correct" and "it can be interpreted in two ways, and of course people pick up on the bad side and it gets really blown out of proportion". Many Brazilians have already said the way the term has been used is undoubtedly racist and it doesn't seem like its blown out of proportion in the slightest and saying those things is not going to help the situation.

No one is expecting him to come out and say his partners dad is a batshit racist.  He had already made a statement about it which was very level headed and should have just said something along those lines again.

Edited by foxes1988

3 hours ago, foxes1988 said:

Piquets comments (he also describes Hamilton in a similar manner when talking about keke and nico) was undeniably vile but whilst Verstappen condemns the use of the word he tries to 'make sense of it' by saying "I think the wording that was used, even though of course with different kinds of cultures and things they said when they were little and younger, was not correct" and "it can be interpreted in two ways, and of course people pick up on the bad side and it gets really blown out of proportion". Many Brazilians have already said the way the term has been used is undoubtedly racist and it doesn't seem like its blown out of proportion in the slightest and saying those things is not going to help the situation.

No one is expecting him to come out and say his partners dad is a batshit racist.  He had already made a statement about it which was very level headed and should have just said something along those lines again.

It's just a natural reaction to attempt to make excuses for someone who is close to you though, you're right he probably should've stayed with the level headed statement but allegations like this are the most emotive and with everyone in the paddock not really having a horse in the race and its easy to just condemn someone you barely know, he probably felt he had to be a defender to Piquets character.