Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2022

9 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Probably makes sense to just disqualify them from the constructors

That does literally nothing to them. Surely they've already received their prize money for finishing 2nd last year? When Saracens broke the rules in Rugby their players had to take the fall with them despite having done nothing wrong, why should that be different here? I get Verstappen is more than likely innocent in the whole thing, and I'd feel sorry for him but tough shit, win as a team/lose as a team. Given Horner came out after '21 and said the entire team wanted Max to win the title over winning the constructors suggests they would snap your hand off for a constructors disqualification without much care in the world. 

18 hours ago, Stinky said:

That does literally nothing to them. Surely they've already received their prize money for finishing 2nd last year? When Saracens broke the rules in Rugby their players had to take the fall with them despite having done nothing wrong, why should that be different here? I get Verstappen is more than likely innocent in the whole thing, and I'd feel sorry for him but tough shit, win as a team/lose as a team. Given Horner came out after '21 and said the entire team wanted Max to win the title over winning the constructors suggests they would snap your hand off for a constructors disqualification without much care in the world. 

They can have it deducted from their budget kind of thing, this is how it’s always been in f1 usually the team gets the punishment and the drivers are allowed to crack on. Why there’s two championships, same thing happened when mclaren was robbing from Ferrari. If there is an allowance like they’ve made out then I don’t think anything will happen mind 

5 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

They can have it deducted from their budget kind of thing, this is how it’s always been in f1 usually the team gets the punishment and the drivers are allowed to crack on. Why there’s two championships, same thing happened when mclaren was robbing from Ferrari. If there is an allowance like they’ve made out then I don’t think anything will happen mind 

Like I said Red Bull must be the only team who want their driver to win the drivers title over themselves winning the constructors (with mechanics etc taking a nice bonus home I imagine), I get they can't just handpick punishments that suit the team the least, but Red Bull aren't going to give a shit if its a constructors-only punishment. And accuse me of reading into this how I want to, but Marko's comments this week about the cost cap and the FIA having a history of being soft touches almost suggests they happily and knowingly broke the cap. 

And from what I recall, McLaren were thrown out in 2007 but the documents or whatever it was they took from Ferrari were never put to use apparently, so technically their drivers didn't gain, hence the constructors-only punishment. A team breaching the cost cap does benefit their drivers, whether they had anything to do with it or not unfortunately for them. If by some miracle Verstappen was to lose his 21 title then he only has his team to blame, not the FIA

Edited by Stinky

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

Like I said Red Bull must be the only team who want their driver to win the drivers title over themselves winning the constructors (with mechanics etc taking a nice bonus home I imagine), I get they can't just handpick punishments that suit the team the least, but Red Bull aren't going to give a shit if its a constructors-only punishment. And accuse me of reading into this how I want to, but Marko's comments this week about the cost cap and the FIA having a history of being soft touches almost suggests they happily and knowingly broke the cap. 

And from what I recall, McLaren were thrown out in 2007 but the documents or whatever it was they took from Ferrari were never put to use apparently, so technically their drivers didn't gain, hence the constructors-only punishment. A team breaching the cost cap does benefit their drivers, whether they had anything to do with it or not unfortunately for them. If by some miracle Verstappen was to lose his 21 title then he only has his team to blame, not the FIA

Yeah I get you, it’s early days with this cost cap so who knows. I never agree with retroactively stripping people of titles in any sport really. Feel like a good middle ground would be that they have to stick with the same design and are not allowed the upgrade tokens next season maybe? The thing that is frustrating is any of that big 3 doing shady shit they’ll always get off Scott free really.

18 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I never agree with retroactively stripping people of titles in any sport really. Feel like a good middle ground would be that they have to stick with the same design and are not allowed the upgrade tokens next season maybe?

Sure but what precedent does it set if you're not going to be punished because stripping a title is seen as harsh and awkward? Easier to punish a team like Alpine if they're not in contention for anything. One of the main issues here is that they agreed to there being two ways to break the rules... One being minor and the other major. Of course you're gonna get teams looking at the minor breach consequences and thinking "is this worth breaking?" Teams like McLaren/Alpine or even Ferrari should be looking at this thinking if they can cheat their way to a title, keep it but be punished in a later season... Its arguably worth doing. If you match fix a cup final you don't get to keep what you won. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/63256734

This is where it gets interesting.  Last year's "incident" didn't really affect the teams so they didn't give a toss.  Now that there's the potential for punishment in the constructors for this year (and last year and next year...) they'll be smelling blood and every single F1 will want them punished so they move up the table and get some more money.  This is going to be an interesting watch for the rest of the season, good luck Christian.

On 15/10/2022 at 14:03, Asha said:

I also don’t agree with stripping titles, but think there should be consequences. Basically whatever punishment fvcks them up for next year seems fair. 

I don't mind stripping titles away, just not a fan of awarding them long after the event. For example, had they awarded last seasons title to Hamilton within 24 hours of the race, fine, after that's its too long. So what I wouldn't mind seeing is the titles voiding, in the same why they voided the Tour De France when Armstrong was found to have cheated or Serie A when Juventus were guilty of match fixing. There would be no official winning for those seasons.

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

FIA basically letting Red Bull decide their punishment?

Its no surprise. They're hardly going to go and upset one of the biggest selling factors of the sport to the point of them threatening to leave. Them / Max are the reason we race in Zandvoort.

All about money to F1 this, make it look like they're being punished, without actually punishing them