Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Everton game off

Just now, filbertway said:

Won't most of our missing players be back?

Assume were just milking it due to Johnny and Soy being injured.

They are getting back, but won't really have time to get game fit. I think closing the training ground was a way to force the Everton issue, and get Big Dan up to speed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

They are getting back, but won't really have time to get game fit. I think closing the training ground was a way to force the Everton issue, and get Big Dan up to speed.

Aren't these decisions also being managed by health authorities? I imagine we have been advised to do so. 

14 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

These cancellations are because of specific situations -- COVID outbreaks at a club. If two clubs don't have any outbreaks, no reason for them to cancel the fixture. It will just make the fixture pileup worse (not saying such a cancelation might not happen, but I'm not certain it should). If the training ground is reopened in a couple of days, and the isolation period ends for most of our players, there is little reason for us to not play Liverpool in the League Cup QF.

Make it worse? For most teams it will be one game. I’d rather lose this weekend and then have a full Christmas period of games that everyone enjoys. 

41 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

All games need to be delayed until the new year. 

At the very least played behind closed doors. 

I reckon anyone going to these games is mad atm, unless they really do hate their family. 

Absolutely not

If you go as far as BCD you’re setting the precedent for an inevitable lockdown. 

Let’s crack on

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

.......but if the training ground is closed?

Any chance Belvoir Drive is still available ?

But you’re possibly transferring the problem to Belvoir Drive? It’s not the training ground that is the issue, it’s the players with covid are! 

taking any player over there runs the risk of taking it. They could be a carrier, they could have it and not know or they could be developing it. Then you’ve infected the staff over there. It’s not really a viable option. 

Edited by fox_favourite

Any game that is cancelled in December may mean that we have time to get over our defensive crisis and have Justin and Fofana back when the games are replayed. Also our lesser injuries may have time to clear up too. 

I think we may be facing a short break in football fixtures anyway, hopefully only 2 or 3 weeks this time. 

1 minute ago, Jock's Hill said:

Any game that is cancelled in December may mean that we have time to get over our defensive crisis and have Justin and Fofana back when the games are replayed. Also our lesser injuries may have time to clear up too. 

I think we may be facing a short break in football fixtures anyway, hopefully only 2 or 3 weeks this time. 

Shame we don't play Everton in their current crap state. By the time we play them they will be on a winning run under Frank Lampard.

If games are being called off left, right and centre because of cluster outbreaks at clubs training grounds what happens when 20-80k people are packed in to a (albeit outdoors) arena. I totally get everyone or majority of people at grounds are jabbed, but it's madness to be gathering such large swathes of fans together at a time when infections are doubling every 1 to 2 days, you're almost guaranteeing a few hundred if not near a thousand in any given ground will have the virus. Gotta go behind closed doors for a few weeks, unless the plan is to get the population infected as quickly as possible to get things over with. 

• Haha 1