Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Everton game off

We will be heading for lockdown at this rate, not because the premier league are cancelling our games but because selfish people won’t get jabbed or isolate when they actually do have Covid etc and just carry on as normal. Up to individuals if the get jabbed but at least follow advice and stay at home when you need too. Better to miss one game then a season.

I am sure I’ll get abuse for that but so be it

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Lesterlad said:

We will be heading for lockdown at this rate, not because the premier league are cancelling our games but because selfish people won’t get jabbed or isolate when they actually do have Covid etc and just carry on as normal. Up to individuals if the get jabbed but at least follow advice and stay at home when you need too. Better to miss one game then a season.

I am sure I’ll get abuse for that but so be it

Add idiots testing when they have no reason to that list aswell.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Shame we don't play Everton in their current crap state. By the time we play them they will be on a winning run under Frank Lampard.

Yeah, mixed feelings. We are injury ravaged but I did fancy playing Everton minus all their good, big strong players...ie the type of player we hate to play against 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think the best thing to do is cancel all the games for the rest of the year and 2022, close the pubs and clubs, and lockdown until at least March. 

I'd say June Babs, triple mask everywhere , haz suits and antiseptic scrub down showers every other street? 

Nothing Draconian mind!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

In what context is testing a bad thing?

So if you have symptoms, do the right thing - get a test.

If you come into contact and are in contact with someone who has it, do the right thing - get a test, keep testing.

If you have absolutely no symptoms or haven't been/aren't in contract with someone who has it, don't test.

You most likely don't have it or are asymptomatic, asymptomatic transmission is questionable, the rates of transmission are alot lower.

They told people to test a few months ago, they were shocked positive case numbers were going through the roof, this lowered once people weren't testing so much as did cases, along with the help of the jab hospitalistions and deaths also dropped, they're telling people to test again and again people are acting shocked that positive cases are through the roof.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist and I refuse to be shocked by more people testing = more cases.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

All games need to be delayed until the new year. 

At the very least played behind closed doors. 

I reckon anyone going to these games is mad atm, unless they really do hate their family. 

Maybe they're just superior fans if they go in such trying circumstances :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

So if you have symptoms, do the right thing - get a test.

If you come into contact and are in contact with someone who has it, do the right thing - get a test, keep testing.

If you have absolutely no symptoms or haven't been/aren't in contract with someone who has it, don't test.

You most likely don't have it or are asymptomatic, asymptomatic transmission is questionable, the rates of transmission are alot lower.

They told people to test a few months ago, they were shocked positive case numbers were going through the roof, this lowered once people weren't testing so much as did cases, along with the help of the jab hospitalistions and deaths also dropped, they're telling people to test again and again people are acting shocked that positive cases are through the roof.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist and I refuse to be shocked by more people testing = more cases.

Are you Boris Johnson?

• Haha 2

This could be our modern day admin moment. Write the season off and void it whilst we’re heinous, get the walking wounded back and romp to top 4 without breaking a sweat next year. Forest, Derby, Cov, Spurs and Everton fans spewing about it for another 20 years. The Leicester x 

6 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

You just try and stop me going. I've been supporting this club a long time and I bet I've been to more abandoned games than you've been to real games. Real games are for you modern football loving snowflakes. 

They did more then try, they postponed the game