Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Everton game off

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Goodison Park is an absolute morgue whenever they play on a Sunday 

Yeah.

I don't think Everton will be too annoyed about this given they are playing a tough game tonight. A rest would probably do them good.

Things again looking bleak , I live in Sydney Australia, at present we are free , but are daily numbers have gone from a couple of hundred to nearly 2000 a day , but few deaths and about 20 odd in ICU . My point is how the hell do we get out of this never ending circle, unless these companies come up with a vaccine that kills this virus,( and why would they do that there making millions. ) how the hell do we get back to normal , I feel so sorry for my kids and my grandkids they may never see the life we had before this . 

2 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Things again looking bleak , I live in Sydney Australia, at present we are free , but are daily numbers have gone from a couple of hundred to nearly 2000 a day , but few deaths and about 20 odd in ICU . My point is how the hell do we get out of this never ending circle, unless these companies come up with a vaccine that kills this virus,( and why would they do that there making millions. ) how the hell do we get back to normal , I feel so sorry for my kids and my grandkids they may never see the life we had before this . 

All pandemics end but this will end more quickly than most because the vaccines and anti-viral drugs will keep getting stronger. It may take 3 years or more but it already might be transitioning to a more endemic disease such as influenza.

Nothing is forever, not even our awful defence.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Deaths are low.. how many hospitalizations per day in total.   Do you have omicron?

2 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

All pandemics end but this will end more quickly than most because the vaccines and anti-viral drugs will keep getting stronger. It may take 3 years or more but it already might be transitioning to a more endemic disease such as influenza.

Nothing is forever, not even our awful defence.

The prob with vaccinating during the pandemic is that it offers an incentive for varients that invade the vaccine... there will be lots of mutations and any that evade the vacibe get a hone run thru the vaccinated 

20 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Deaths are low.. how many hospitalizations per day in total.   Do you have omicron?

Very low , people in hospital at present, today 166 and 26 of them in ICU , yes we have omicron , 2000 cases today in NEW SOUTH WALES , government holding stronger at present, but t I think after Xmas they may put us back in lockdown 

14 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Very low , people in hospital at present, today 166 and 26 of them in ICU , yes we have omicron , 2000 cases today in NEW SOUTH WALES , government holding stronger at present, but t I think after Xmas they may put us back in lockdown 

My hope is that the omicron symptoms are very mild... such that eventhough cases will be high the numbers to hospital will be manageable.  If this is so the gov can relax.

Here boris got his measures passed in parliament but he got a bloody nose from his own supporters ,( who at some point could sack him)... so I doubt he will be asking for any more compulsory measures any time soon.

20 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

My hope is that the omicron symptoms are very mild... such that eventhough cases will be high the numbers to hospital will be manageable.  If this is so the gov can relax.

Here boris got his measures passed in parliament but he got a bloody nose from his own supporters ,( who at some point could sack him)... so I doubt he will be asking for any more compulsory measures any time soon.

Thanks for the info , stay safe and have a great Xmas and a happy new year , go the foxes 🦊 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Farley said:

Covid about - lockdown

Get jabbed - doesn’t stop the spread 
Get jabbed again - can still get Covid 

New variant - new lockdown.

Wheres the end? 

There is a possibility that the symptoms of omicron will be light and do despite many cases there will be few hospitalizations.  If this is so then the current plan b will.look like a massive over reaction.

Second,  boris will not want to keep causing his back benchers to rebel (... at some point they will sack him and so he doesnt want to pull that date  forward)  so I dont expect this gov to impose restrictions in the future unless it is cast iron justified. 

Ps. I think it possible that the booster push will cause normal.medical examinations to.be paused and so may kill more people than the boosters save.... but we won't know for a while.

Edited by foxinsocks

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Regarding Ommicron we don't really know yet, it takes a few weeks to show through in data in terns of hospitilization.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mikw said:

Regarding Ommicron we don't really know yet, it takes a few weeks to show through in data in terns of hospitilization.

That's right and in fairness to whoever makes the decisions today, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. The full facts aren't known other than it's spreading pretty damned quickly. If it does turn out to be a damp squib, certain people will make political gain from it. If it turns out to be something nasty, those same people demanding less restrictions now will be asking why we didn't clamp down sooner like certain other countries. There's no winners here.

• Like 1

Highest number of new covid  cases ever recorded in a single day today for England. It will be interesting to see what advice the health authorities are giving about this and it’s really hard to see they will allow fans to keep coming to  the games. Best case scenario is massively reduced capacity for the foreseeable future. That’s even if they can get enough players standing up at the same time to play.. 

Edited by MPH

2 hours ago, Mikw said:

wether it makes people as sick as Delta isn’t even something that’s important to work out… the fact we are already getting such high record breaking numbers of cases  so soon means you’ll get just as many hospitalizations at best and at worse once it hits the less mobile  and vulnerable population means it has the potential to be catastrophic.

It's a shambles but grin and bear it, utilise that break in February that we have, extend the season a little if necessary - think BCD shouldn't be considered under any circumstances personally and just totally undermines the competition. Nobody will look back on 2020/21 as a proper season. I suppose it's going to be a bit of a slog as games being postponed are necessary. Everything points to there being more infections but less symptoms anyway. I know somebody positive on a PCR who has "minor cold symptoms" and I'd very much put them in the vulnerable bracket.

I think there's just gonna be a slightly shit situation with late cancellations and short notice rearrangements but they're not exactly two things that have stopped the Premier League in the past. Get on with it I think.