Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Everton game off

11 hours ago, Jock's Hill said:

Any game that is cancelled in December may mean that we have time to get over our defensive crisis and have Justin and Fofana back when the games are replayed. Also our lesser injuries may have time to clear up too. 

I think we may be facing a short break in football fixtures anyway, hopefully only 2 or 3 weeks this time. 

With our luck recently, we could just have a different set of injuries...:ill:

4 hours ago, NasPb said:

The end is pretty clear distribute the vaccine fairly by every country. But thw west won't do that. Goes against their values and precious capitalism 

Agreed, I'd have been happy to postpone my booster jab if I knew it was going to help vaccinate poorer Asian or African populations.

We've been stockpiling loads of vaccines that have been thrown away as they are out of date.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NasPb said:

The end is pretty clear distribute the vaccine fairly by every country. But thw west won't do that. Goes against their values and precious capitalism 

7 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

Agreed, I'd have been happy to postpone my booster jab if I knew it was going to help vaccinate poorer Asian or African populations.

We've been stockpiling loads of vaccines that have been thrown away as they are out of date.

Agreed with both above, but there’s something we can do about it!!

https://gogiveone.org

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TonyN11 said:

Exactly. We can't have globalization without global health. But our current economic model doesn't allow for such things to happen. Pharmaceuticals could care less about "fairness". It's all about the big bucks. Until this changes corona won't go away. I'd nationalise the lot but won't happen. Since when has protecting public health been considered so radically dangerous? Social democracy is now considered radical. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Our local non league clubs are in for some good crowds this weekend. Funny how they can get a game on even limited resources plus part time setups and premier league clubs can't.

Yeah I noticed that very few non-league games are off. I'd imagine this is down to them not testing as regular, or if it all, so are not picking up the cases. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Yeah I noticed that very few non-league games are off. I'd imagine this is down to them not testing as regular, or if it all, so are not picking up the cases. 

That's exactly what it is, if the players weren't testing on the reg then nothing would be picked up as the vast vast majority will be experiencing minor/no symptoms

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bob Farley said:

Covid about - lockdown

Get jabbed - doesn’t stop the spread 
Get jabbed again - can still get Covid 

New variant - new lockdown.

Wheres the end? 

You missed a line:

Get jabbed - much less people die (Essentially the vaccine stops many people who would have otherwise died from dying).

• Like 4

On 16/12/2021 at 22:27, Bob Farley said:

Covid about - lockdown

Get jabbed - doesn’t stop the spread 
Get jabbed again - can still get Covid 

New variant - new lockdown.

Wheres the end? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-will-end-up-resembling-common-cold-by-spring-next-year-leading-experts-say-12414928

On 17/12/2021 at 06:37, NasPb said:

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree that wealthier states can and should be doing more to vaccinate around the world, unfortunately this would only be effective if everyone was vaccinated at a very similar time which is logistically pretty impossible. We know that immunity wanes quite quickly with the vaccine and so it’s difficult to achieve the herd immunity required to squeeze it out when there’s such a variation of protection throughout the global population. Animals can also transmit the virus and whilst that isn’t a major source of concern it’s something you’d have to consider in more rural areas. You’d probably need 80% of the population (of the world) to all be vaccinated within the same month or two and then periodically give out boosters in the same way. 

Sadly, it’s much more likely that we will have to continue to jab and sit and wait until this virus mutates into something much more mild (which is how many pandemics have ended). Could be another year, it could be three. That said, this is also a political issue of course. The virus could become significantly milder but still be deadly to some but if some states take the position that any death from COVID is unacceptable then people will continue to impose restrictions across the world - hopefully this wouldn’t be a popular line to take and for the right reasons but you do worry sometimes with the rhetoric that’s pushed around. 

I’m really hoping that we do not see another lockdown for all of our sakes and not just because we won’t be subject to any nail biting set piece defending! Hopefully after these two games the spread within squads will have slowed down a bit and we can all enjoy some festive football!

• Like 2

Don't really think it's got much to do with capitalism. On an international level, countries will always look after their own first, if they didn't, after people have paid into the system they'd probably have riots on their hands! On a personal level, we'll always look after ourselves and our families first also before others.

Could there be better distribution though? Absolutely yes.

• Like 1

That’s all rather grand and noble (and also true)- but who’s to say these people will even accept a vaccine?

If large portions of Eastern Europe don’t trust the vaccine and turn it down, who’s to say a third world African country’s population will want it? 

Obviously it’d be nice for them to be given the choice though

So back to my point, the pandemic will end by becoming endemic as vaccines and anti-viral drugs improve and the virus naturally mutates into something less virulent. It’s already happening and will continue to improve with occasional setbacks over time.

Until then we just do the best we can

• Like 1

So you would be happy with lockdowns every few weeks for the next year or two? The vaccines we are fortunate to have mean that my children are on the road back to a more normal education and a lot of people still have jobs.

Ur right and ur wrong about giving 3rd world country’s the vaccine, most won’t take the jab , in Fiji they had to mandate the country to take the jab , they went from 20 or 30 percent to over 90 percent in months when it was mandated. Papua New Guinean was the same they just refused to take the jab , Australia sent millions of doses that were thrown out . So it’s not as easy and corrupt as u make out . 

On 17/12/2021 at 14:42, RowlattsFox said:

Went to see a tier 9 game in Nottingham today (my son's at Uni their). Cracking game until called off due to fog. The standard was really quite good and we really enjoyed it. Good facilities friendly crowd, no politics and time passed quicker and seemed more enjoyable than some of the Premiership games I've been to this season.  Our 3rd game watching this team and will go again. Good Saturday entertainment. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Went to see a tier 9 game in Nottingham today (my son's at Uni their). Cracking game until called off due to fog. The standard was really quite good and we really enjoyed it. Good facilities friendly crowd, no politics and time passed quicker and seemed more enjoyable than some of the Premiership games I've been to this season.  Our 3rd game watching this team and will go again. Good Saturday entertainment. 

You make watching Forest sound half decent🤣🤣

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 09bballer said:

You make watching Forest sound half decent🤣🤣

🤣🤣 not Forest, unless they've been promoted, the standard was too high 😅.

Actually it was Gedling Miners Welfare FC v Dunkirk FC (great names). My son's due to attend a training session with Gedling. Nice set up tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

🤣🤣 not Forest, unless they've been promoted, the standard was too high 😅.

Actually it was Gedling Miners Welfare FC v Dunkirk FC (great names). My son's due to attend a training session with Gedling. Nice set up tbh.

You didn't mention it was a European match lol

• Haha 2

We had the conversation in the changing rooms yesterday. Some people have just got it done and have had/having the booster. Some people don’t want it at all. Who is anyone to tell another person what they should or shouldn’t have in their body? We all have our personal reasons and beliefs for the choice we have made. I just don’t know why people can’t respect it. 

45 minutes ago, Bert said:

We had the conversation in the changing rooms yesterday. Some people have just got it done and have had/having the booster. Some people don’t want it at all. Who is anyone to tell another person what they should or shouldn’t have in their body? We all have our personal reasons and beliefs for the choice we have made. I just don’t know why people can’t respect it. 

I don't know why I have to respect abject stupidity tbh. On par with having to respect flat earthers. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Bert said:

Ok don't have the vaccine, don't go out. That's fair enough surely? The only people that will overwhelm the NHS with this new variant are the unvaccinated, not the 90%of us who are toeing the line.

• Like 1