Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Everton game off

48 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Ok don't have the vaccine, don't go out. That's fair enough surely? The only people that will overwhelm the NHS with this new variant are the unvaccinated, not the 90%of us who are toeing the line.

Absolutely agree. That’s the choice and chance unvaccinated people will take. I’ve taken my three jabs as a debt to society and to protect me from passing the virus on to the more vulnerable people in my life. I can’t do anymore than that but I also am not a person that is going to moan and criticise someone for not having a vaccination.  

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Bert said:

Absolutely agree. That’s the choice and chance unvaccinated people will take. I’ve taken my three jabs as a debt to society and to protect me from passing the virus on to the more vulnerable people in my life. I can’t do anymore than that but I also am not a person that is going to moan and criticise someone for not having a vaccination.  

I agree everyone should have that choice, but they should also forfeit their right to mix with the rest of the population and run the risk of overwhelming the NHS when they inevitably contract a severe dose of omricon

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

If you eat burgers occasionally, no treatment if you you get ill! 

If you drink, no treatment if you fall over and hurt yourself! 

If you go skiing, no treatment if you break your leg! 

The examples you put forward are not threatening to society and lack of capacity in hospitals. Sp not really valid in my opinion..

• Like 2

Just now, TheStig said:

The examples you put forward are not threatening to society and lack of capacity in hospitals. Sp not really valid in my opinion..

Ever heard of the Hippocratic Oath? It's there for a reason. Someone with your mentality would be the worst possible thing for society. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

Smoking. A choice. Effects the smoker and also other non-smokers in society via passive smoking. You think smokers should then get no treatment when they get ill from it?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Is that so - why?

Don't worry mate. You'd be more than welcome in my society.

And for the record, if Person A chooses to not take a free vaccination to a deadly disease, then passes it on to Person B, who is more susceptible than them, who then gets seriously ill or dies - Person A is a cockwomble.

It's not the same the smoking or burger examples at all. If my sister, let's call her Person B, who is immunocompromised, breathes in the smoke from one cigarette, is she going to die? Probably not.

If she breathes in a respiratory disease from Person A one time, could she die? It's certainly possible.

Why should person B potentially contribute to the medical costs of person A? When person A would willingly let Person B die or be locked up inside indefinitely, in order to preserve their own 'freedoms'?

If a drunk driver ran you over and seriously injured you, how would you feel about contributing to their medical costs?

I would genuinely be fascinated to hear a reasonable counterargument to this. 

11 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

Don't worry mate. You'd be more than welcome in my society.

And for the record, if Person A chooses to not take a free vaccination to a deadly disease, then passes it on to Person B, who is more susceptible than them, who then gets seriously ill or dies - Person A is a cockwomble.

It's not the same the smoking or burger examples at all. If my sister, let's call her Person B, who is immunocompromised, breathes in the smoke from one cigarette, is she going to die? Probably not.

If she breathes in a respiratory disease from Person A one time, could she die? It's certainly possible.

Why should person B potentially contribute to the medical costs of person A? When person A would willingly let Person B die or be locked up inside indefinitely, in order to preserve their own 'freedoms'?

If a drunk driver ran you over and seriously injured you, how would you feel about contributing to their medical costs?

I would genuinely be fascinated to hear a reasonable counterargument to this. 

If a drink driver killed myself or someone close, I'd hope they would be treated for their injuries via the NHS which we all pay for and then given a trail and prosecuted under the law. Easy counter. That's the whole basis of our legal system. .

By the way,not having the vaccine isn't illegal. Its not even my personal decision, I've had it, but I'm very willing to argue against evil suggestions like not treating ill people because they didn't get it! 

Edited by LCFCCHRIS
  • Like 1

As a data Scientist who has spent the last 2 years working on Covid, I’ll like to say a few things. 

Evidence suggests that the reason why most people haven’t yet been vaccinated is because they just haven’t got around to it yet. This is particularly pertinent in the various ‘hard to reach groups’.

There’s obviously a few loons out there, but if your taking medical and epidemiological advice from Right said Fred, then you deserve what you get. 

in regards to Omicron, apart from knowing it’s not going to be good, we simply don’t know the scale of its impact. We should get data soon. Will we lockdown? I don’t know, but if we need to and don’t, Covid will do it for us. 

What I do know is that NHS bosses are deeply concerned about staff sickness. I don’t think it’s unrealistic to imagine an scenario where a road traffic victim or NYE reveller is rushed to hospital and receives ltd care. 

This is implied in the recent SAGE report that points out that the Government may need "input from ethicists".

In regard to Covid, I’m uncomfortable with mandatory vaccinations. But if we are  speaking in general/hypothetical  terms, would those who are steadfast against mandatory vaccines say this if Ebola was swirling around?

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Like 2

For the people saying if you don’t get vaccinated then you should pay for treatment. Are you actually insane ?! I’m double jabbed because it’s was my was choice however people who pay taxes and national insurance their whole life. Why in the hell should they pay for treatment? Shall we refund them for all the money they’ve paid in tax ? Some people have actually gone fully insane. Also to Cyprus fox who said something along the lines of anyone who contacts a-severe dose of omricon. Has anybody in the world contracted a a severe dose of omricon ? Like you’re just making things up to suit your argument. So far it’s been very mild and that’s fact. 

1 hour ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

L

in regards to Omicron, apart from knowing it’s not going to be good, 

Again this statement is false and I feel foxestalk need fact checkers. How do you know it’s not going to be good ? Aren’t the South Africans already saying it’s very mild ? Which in my opinion is good. Wouldn’t you rather have a very mild case of covid being dominant then say the delta ? I’m sorry but this is why people don’t trust scientist atm. What have sage and Neil Ferguson predicted correctly so far ? 100,000 day cases after we came out of lock down ? Now 5,000 deaths a day in January from a mild illness ? 

27 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Again this statement is false and I feel foxestalk need fact checkers. How do you know it’s not going to be good ? Aren’t the South Africans already saying it’s very mild ? Which in my opinion is good. Wouldn’t you rather have a very mild case of covid being dominant then say the delta ? I’m sorry but this is why people don’t trust scientist atm. What have sage and Neil Ferguson predicted correctly so far ? 100,000 day cases after we came out of lock down ? Now 5,000 deaths a day in January from a mild illness ? 

Are you seriously suggesting Foxestalk, an online football forum, validate the veracity of Epidemiological/virological research? 

There is no evidence yet that Omicron is inherently less milder than Delta. It may seem milder, but this could be simply due to a significant degree of community immunity. 

What we do know is that it’s ridiculously more transmittable. This in itself is deeply concerning. It will reach large sections of the unvaccinated and vulnerable vaccinated populations. 

You need to be really careful with SA comparisons. Tom Moultrie, a senior analyst on SA Covid cases just posted this. 

5A864096-F4AC-4607-8ED9-92B756C4C657.thumb.jpeg.48a29f333debc0ec8d8de4384f58ffe8.jpeg

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

If a drink driver killed myself or someone close, I'd hope they would be treated for their injuries via the NHS which we all pay for and then given a trail and prosecuted under the law. Easy counter. That's the whole basis of our legal system. .

By the way, not having the vaccine isn't illegal. Its not even my personal decision, I've had it, but I'm very willing to argue against evil suggestions like not treating ill people because they didn't get it! 

It's a good example actually, as there is fair accountability for the reckless damage caused in that situation.

Where's the accountability for wilfully unvaccinated people recklessly endangering those around them?

6 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Ticket office has refused to refund ticket and coaches for this game.

Got to say this is an awful stance by the club, especially considering the new fixture is most likely mid week. 

I hope they are waiting for it to be rescheduled before refunding (or waiting to see if it is behind closed doors). 

19 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

For the people saying if you don’t get vaccinated then you should pay for treatment. Are you actually insane ?! I’m double jabbed because it’s was my was choice however people who pay taxes and national insurance their whole life. Why in the hell should they pay for treatment? Shall we refund them for all the money they’ve paid in tax ? Some people have actually gone fully insane. Also to Cyprus fox who said something along the lines of anyone who contacts a-severe dose of omricon. Has anybody in the world contracted a a severe dose of omricon ? Like you’re just making things up to suit your argument. So far it’s been very mild and that’s fact. 

I'm not making anything up. Look at the stats. By far the majority of hospitalisations for omricon are the unvaccinated and they're in hospital because they're ill. Get your facts right before spouting off and accusing me of "making things up'.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Ticket office has refused to refund ticket and coaches for this game.

Got to say this is an awful stance by the club, especially considering the new fixture is most likely mid week. 

wtf is wrong with them.

Hopefully it's because they don't know when the next date for the game will be.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

wtf is wrong with them.

Hopefully it's because they don't know when the next date for the game will be.

Doesn't really make any sense to wait, but I'm sure they will eventually offer refunds.

Surely they'll be breaking some kind of laws if they refuse to refund though. People paid to do something at a certain time on a certain day, if you can't offer that then you have to offer refunds.

• Like 1