Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Everton game off

12 hours ago, shade said:

This narrative has to stop, it has to. The government's own statistics show that per 100,000 of the population you are MORE likely to get infected with covid if you are vaccinated than unvaccinated. You also carry the same viral load if you are unvaccinated or vaccinated.

The idea that you are helping any other member of society by being vaccinated is a fallacy. You're less likely to be hospitalised, but even that isn't emphatically different. Approximately 65% of hospitalisations are amongst the vaccinated population.

You can verify everything I've said by looking at the report the UK government puts out every 4 weeks.

You have so massively misunderstood /misrepresented that data that I'm not going to bother arguing.

I don't know what I expected, arguing about science on a football forum. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, shade said:

The risks from covid definitely outweigh the known risks from the vaccine, even in the younger population.  As a 40 year old, perfect BMI, non smoker, active and handsome man that takes good care of himself I made my personal choice, I currently have covid and I feel like my choice was definitely right for me.

That's not how it works though really. Troy Deeney is a professional athlete and he wasn't quite as lucky. You've been lucky.

16 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

That's not how it works though really. Troy Deeney is a professional athlete and he wasn't quite as lucky. You've been lucky.

I could equally argue that the vast, absolutely overwhelming majority of under 50s, that aren't overweight and have no comorbidities get "lucky". Anyway, we'll end this here, I don't want to look like a mad zealot!

21 hours ago, shade said:

This narrative has to stop, it has to. The government's own statistics show that per 100,000 of the population you are MORE likely to get infected with covid if you are vaccinated than unvaccinated. You also carry the same viral load if you are unvaccinated or vaccinated.

The idea that you are helping any other member of society by being vaccinated is a fallacy. You're less likely to be hospitalised, but even that isn't emphatically different. Approximately 65% of hospitalisations are amongst the vaccinated population.

You can verify everything I've said by looking at the report the UK government puts out every 4 weeks.

That the past two months have caused problems due to the waning effectiveness of the vaccines and therefore caused the need for boosters, does not make either of them pointless.