Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

5 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Purely out of interest- did you go to Cardiff away in the playoff semi’s? 

Or the 5-3 United?

I’m only asking as I didn’t go last night, and whilst it was clearly an entertaining match, I didn’t get the impression it was that dramatic 

No, neither. Both incredible matches, as was Watford play off, again wasn't there either.

Nearest I can say I've been to drama like last night was Man City away 3-2 ( Fuchs, Mahrez) champions season, or the Norwich "earthquake" Ulloa last minuter!

1 hour ago, Mythyaar said:

No, neither. Both incredible matches, as was Watford play off, again wasn't there either.

Nearest I can say I've been to drama like last night was Man City away 3-2 ( Fuchs, Mahrez) champions season, or the Norwich "earthquake" Ulloa last minuter!

Do you mean Huth and Mahrez when we won 3-1 ? 

1 hour ago, Mythyaar said:

I’d forgotten the Watford game! 😂

Guest Col city fan
10 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

The sad thing is as soon as I saw them make that triple sub I knew we wouldn't win. The slightest bit of quality or intensity from the opposition and we fold. My expectation of this current setup is on the floor

You are right mate

The three main problems with this team are the defence, a lack of strength in depth in the squad and a clear lack of mental strength in some of the players. 
I go back for example to the point I’ve always made about Tielemans. You give him time and he is exceptional. I’d say world class at the moment. But you pressurise him and he folds and looks a very very different player.

This is why I think we’ll end up mid table this season. We needed to strengthen the squad in the summer with some better players. But we brought in very ‘average’ players who aren’t good enough if required to play very often 

Just now, SemperEadem said:

So you would feel better if their fans I dunno spoke or tweeted about their players doing rough challenges?

Think it's more the hypocrisy isn't it of some fans, you can't moan about one and think the other is fine. To be balanced though I have seen some Liverpool fans say he should have gone so

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Whats your point here?

You could pull similar two images from every football team the world over.

Feel his point is the tackle on Van Dijk was picked up and continually spoken about, Klopp had the media eating out of his hand with it.

Whereas with this a very similar tackle, Brendan had a moan, but it's not been looked at, at all by the media. 

The hypocrisy that the poor decisions last week against Liverpool were shown again and again and again. Yet this absolute stone wall red was ignored and we've seen no journalist outside of Leicester facing ones picking this up. 

• Like 2

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Feel his point is the tackle on Van Dijk was picked up and continually spoken about, Klopp had the media eating out of his hand with it.

Whereas with this a very similar tackle, Brendan had a moan, but it's not been looked at, at all by the media. 

The hypocrisy that the poor decisions last week against Liverpool were shown again and again and again. Yet this absolute stone wall red was ignored and we've seen no journalist outside of Leicester facing ones picking this up. 

The point was never made from the point of view of the media it was from the fans. And how awful they are blah blah

Like you never are you going to get huge swathes of fans calling out bad tackles bad by their own team, its too tribal. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Thats not just them though is it. It’s the game all over. Us for example, you see oh ‘hard brexit challenge, love it’ then flip side fans cry about a tough one on our own.

There’s a difference between a ‘hard brexit challenge’ and a potential career ending injury though. 

They’re not the same thing to me

I have never known a manager, if not asked, and/or a supporter go on social media to say for example Maddison dived in our game at Newcastle. 

It's just human behaviour - you don't highlight it something your team does wrong. If you look on that replies to Arlo White's tweet, not a single Liverpool fans has denied it's a red card.  Plenty to criticise Liverpool fans for but that isn't one of them. 

I am only just feeling alive again after being out to 4am there - when every scouser worked out we were Leicester, their second line was always 'are you having a good night?' 

As for the media, it's always about the bigger story for them. And the bigger story is Liverpool coming back from 3-1 down. 

24 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The point was never made from the point of view of the media it was from the fans. And how awful they are blah blah

Like you never are you going to get huge swathes of fans calling out bad tackles bad by their own team, its too tribal. 

Pretty sure we all agreed Perez against West Ham was a bad tackle

To be fair Liverpool fans will go on about the Pickford challenge til the day they die. 

They very rarely call out their own. I get the sense that most fans will eventually realise that some of their own players' challenges were horrendous. 

Mention what Morton did to Pereira, and most Liverpool fans will just come back with 'yeah but what about Pickford on Van Dijk?!'. Instead of acknowledging that Morton's was actually quite a horrific challenge, they'll just deflect to something where they were hard done by or suffered from. 

Reality is, it's actually fine to accept that sometimes your own players will be quite aggressive and occasionally stick in a tackle that goes overboard. Accept that limitation of that players control. But what people find it difficult to accept (and this is the case of most, not all, Liverpool fans) is that not everything that happens is always against them. They struggle to realise they can be just as bad. 

• Like 2

Just now, StanSP said:

To be fair Liverpool fans will go on about the Pickford challenge til the day they die. 

They very rarely call out their own. I get the sense that most fans will eventually realise that some of their own players' challenges were horrendous. 

Mention what Morton did to Pereira, and most Liverpool fans will just come back with 'yeah but what about Pickford on Van Dijk?!'. Instead of acknowledging that Morton's was actually quite a horrific challenge, they'll just deflect to something where they were hard done by or suffered from. 

Reality is, it's actually fine to accept that sometimes your own players will be quite aggressive and occasionally stick in a tackle that goes overboard. Accept that limitation of that players control. But what people find it difficult to accept (and this is the case of most, not all, Liverpool fans) is that not everything that happens is always against them. They struggle to realise they can be just as bad. 

Do any set of supporters call out their own? Or their manager? 

I haven't seen a single Liverpool fan come out with that statement. 

Here you are then. A Liverpool fan saying Morton's tackle was horrendous and he should have walked.

I watch quite a bit of youth football and see a lot of tackles that are over zealous. Maybe it's a youth thing.

Just to add, you won't see many tackles like that from our established players, after all, along with everything else, we win the fair play league every year.😀

Also, ridiculing people who need to use foodbanks is equally horrendous. Be ashamed, whoever sang that.

50 minutes ago, Red Dave said:

Here you are then. A Liverpool fan saying Morton's tackle was horrendous and he should have walked.

I watch quite a bit of youth football and see a lot of tackles that are over zealous. Maybe it's a youth thing.

Just to add, you won't see many tackles like that from our established players, after all, along with everything else, we win the fair play league every year.😀

Also, ridiculing people who need to use foodbanks is equally horrendous. Be ashamed, whoever sang that.

There was plenty on here deriding that and rightly so, but I am sure it gets passed off as banter, but it’s not, it’s juvenile, puerile and hateful. Also, as pointed out, deprivation is evident in most if not all major, cities.

• Like 3