Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Don’t forget most people are ostensibly sheep. They go with the flow and don’t want to criticise. 
Our fans will continue to justify it because a. We won the FA cup and b. They can’t consider what an alternative management set up would look like 

It’s easier just to keep going with what we have.

That kinda thing… 👍

I had to look into who I thought we may be able to get that as an alternative, I don't have a lot of thoughts possibly Gasperini of Atalanta, I do think as long as we don't get relegated, it allows the most possible time to get in the most qualified replacement though. Something clearly isn't right. 

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

Exactly this, glad to see a fair post! 

They worked so hard, you cannot question the commitment of anyone in the team (except Bertrand's). 

this is what makes it so sickening. the players fought like heroes and just need to be smart in the moments. what a waste of energy nd the damage that will do to our exhausted squad is scary. More injuries and I find it hard to believe we will survive xmas and into the new year.

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

We didn’t lose tonight because of penalties. We lost tonight because we don’t have a good enough squad. Klopp rotated big time and then quickly reverted back to almost his first 11 by full time. We started with probably our strongest available 11 and the only area that looked weak was defence but by the 60th minute that already looking defence amazingly looked even worse. Vestergaard and Bertrand didn’t do a whole lot wrong in the time they played (apart from missing a penalty) but they’re presence in the team created a fear factor that meant the rest of 11 were in complete panic mode. 

One thing we have to talk about is our complete an utter lack of control of the game tonight. At 0-2 and 1-3 tonight we still didn’t look like we were in control. At 2-3 especially we were awful. We rushed every clearance and looked like we were defending with 10 men with only 2 minutes to play even when we had 25/30 minutes left to play. Not once did we take the ball down in midfield and string some passes around to quiet the crowd down and kill their momentum. We just kept throwing them the ball back and inviting their back 4 and midfield to push up on us. Amateur.

Great post and on the money

2 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

We didn’t lose tonight because of penalties. We lost tonight because we don’t have a good enough squad. Klopp rotated big time and then quickly reverted back to almost his first 11 by full time. We started with probably our strongest available 11 and the only area that looked weak was defence but by the 60th minute that already looking defence amazingly looked even worse. Vestergaard and Bertrand didn’t do a whole lot wrong in the time they played (apart from missing a penalty) but they’re presence in the team created a fear factor that meant the rest of 11 were in complete panic mode. 

One thing we have to talk about is our complete an utter lack of control of the game tonight. At 0-2 and 1-3 tonight we still didn’t look like we were in control. At 2-3 especially we were awful. We rushed every clearance and looked like we were defending with 10 men with only 2 minutes to play even when we had 25/30 minutes left to play. Not once did we take the ball down in midfield and string some passes around to quiet the crowd down and kill their momentum. We just kept throwing them the ball back and inviting their back 4 and midfield to push up on us. Amateur.

That was no where near their first 11.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Don’t forget most people are ostensibly sheep. They go with the flow and don’t want to criticise. 
Our fans will continue to justify it because a. We won the FA cup and b. They can’t consider what an alternative management set up would look like 

It’s easier just to keep going with what we have.

That kinda thing… 👍

This is such a pretentious comment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Probably the poorest refereeing display I've seen in a very long time. It was despicable and Rodgers should publicly come out and criticise that. He'll get fined but sometimes things needs to be said 

3 reds missed.

Foul in lead up to final goal where Vardy was pretty much wrestled to the floor.

If VAR was in use Tonight we win that comfortably. Liverpool got away with murder.

Soyuncu injury caused by a Kasper poor kick and then we had to make countless subs to counter Vestergaard lack of pace. Vestergaard and Bertrand terrible. Nacho scored goals last season but his overall play is woeful.

KDH looks quality.

Rules for the penalties seem to go out the window as well, I know it’s being picky and don’t really make a difference but Liverpool’s keeper was inside the box walking around while their penalties was being taken, Then there was the penalty where Firmino stops his run up 

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

That defeat is on Rodgers. He's the exact opposite of Klopp. Klopp encourages his players, tells them to be brave and attack. Brendan shits his pants goes all defense and puts fear into his team.

There is a way to defend a 2 goal lead, he could have gone with mendy or lookman if he wanted to take off daka.

I can only think he promised nacho some game time because patson didn't look to be struggling

13 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Before I analyse Rodgers performance, what was the reason for the subs as I tuned in late.

KDB off seemed odd to me as he adds bite to our team.  But were the others injuries?

RP injured, Albrighton played well though

Soy injured, Vestergaard did ok

KDH off for Bertrand, I'm assuming to strengthen defence next to Vestergaard? But it made us gutless in midfield. 

Daka off for Ian, maybe to hold the play up a bit and control things a bit more? I've no idea. Ian is clearly off the place after not playing. Not his fault much, but Daka and Vardy had turned the defence inside out.

No idea why Brendan decides to change formation when something is working.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

As to injuries I just dont understand why is no enquiry.  I dont believe the injury situation is luck at this point.

Tonight it wasn’t 

cags did his hammy sprinting back to protect a clean sheet when 4-0 up in added time ten days ago - tonight he aggravated the same injury bailing out his keeper for another sh1t kick 

Ricky was assaulted and probably suffered another ligament injury - very much like the Pickford challenge on VVD but without the running jump 

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Great post. 
A real gem and spot on 

👍

Edited by Col city fan

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Rodgers subs and tactics in the 60th minute cost us. 

This team has no fight or bottle, we’ve been saying it for over 2 years now. 

I’m just fed up with it atm, feel like we need a change at the end of the season. 

I actually think we showed decent bottle tonight. Really seemed to dig in.

Agree on the tactics though. Bertrand on for KDH conceded all initiative. Shutting up shop and thumping the ball to their centre halves for half an hour is a dangerous game when defending the Kop end, especially with our current defence.

Should have packed the midfield and frustrated them. Slow the game. Win fouls. 

Naive leadership and naive decision making. 

Penalties are a bit of a lottery but when will managers learn that letting kids take pressure penalties isn't a good idea?

Just now, jammie82uk said:

Rules for the penalties seem to go out the window as well, I know it’s being picky and don’t really make a difference but Liverpool’s keeper was inside the box walking around while their penalties was being taken, Then there was the penalty where Firmino stops his run up 

I said this to my dad, I thought that wasn't allowed, yet it keeps happening 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

We will be brutally destroyed in these next 2 PL games as well. This is going to be a very unpleasant few weeks with so many players out too.

Let's be honest, injuries or no injuries we would anyway.

The fact we have injuries (Of which i'd like to hear him explain abit) give him ready made excuses and let's him get away with things.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Who were the 3 CBs? Ndidi, Vestegard and who? I can't work it out from the players on the pitch surely it wasn't Bertrand or Thomas? 

Bertrand, Thomas and Albrighton as wing backs so we had a shagged Vardy up top, then two wingbacks that aren’t very dynamic. Ryan Mcgivern reincarnate  alongside Vestergaard and our best DM the other side of him. Protected by our defensively sound, midfield stalwarts; Soumare, Tielemans & Maddison.

It’s a wonder we lost! 

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah obviously but players miss penalties. Why wasn’t Vardy taking it? Why was he even signed? Some things aren’t his fault but the lack of apparently desire and interest is obviously his fault. 

Players do miss penalties, but did you see how little force was behind that? Any slower and it would have rolled backwards!!

• Haha 2

Vesterguaard is Brendans love child.

He looked horrified when he realised there was no alternative but to bring him on so he bought Bertrand on as well to take away the attention.

Lost the game when that pair came on.

Vesterguaards best defensive contribution was when a goal bound ball bar hit him whilst he was laying down