Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

2 minutes ago, robbieLOVESthealmightylcfc said:

So dumb saying we won an entire competition just because 2 players played well in the final 

Sorry. I'll make myself clear. That wasn't what I meant to convey. The difference between the two sides on the day was that we had by far the best player on the pitch and out keeper pulled off tow top class saves. I'm not saying the others didn't do well but on the day small margins were the difference.

This is why I’m never too excited to see a super strong line up in these earlier cup games. It’s such a huge risk at a time when you’re already struggling for depth and it has burned us yet again. 

The referee tonight was absolutely atrocious. We have had quite a bit of bad luck this season but his officiating today was one of the worst we’ve recently experienced.

The subs were bizarre and ineffective (again). KDH and Daka were two of the brightest sparks and would’ve also been potential penalty takers. Not sure why Vardy hasn’t stepped up either.

Feel like this game has pushed me into the Rodgers out camp. He doesn’t know what he’s doing anymore with this side.

4 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Just about to set off home :nono:

Great clinical first half, it was all this team could be. It was awesome.

The subs cost us, I understood Ricardo and Soyuncu injured but I don’t get taking Daka or KDH off unless they had knocks/legless. I think in the end the defensive injuries forced our hand. 

The ref gave nothing, I’d like to see challenge on Ricardo and the elbow on tv.

Im not sure why Vardy didn’t take a penalty, can anyone else clarify this?

That game was our season in a microscope, great promise and awesome moves but calamity isn’t far off. The annoying thing is it’s evidently there, we just can’t string 90 minutes together. We go again. 

*for once defending corners looked alright, but we concede far too many. It just means the chance of one going in is there no matter how well you can defend them.

Vardy has done his hamstring.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Bullshite im fed up of hearing this crap… we didn’t get lucky at all. We played a game and won.

We really do have odd supporters, there can’t be another set of supporters in the world who down play their achievements so much. 
FFS we won the bloody FA Cup for the first time in our history and we bloody moan about it.

Chelsea were much the better team and Kasper did 2 wonder saves, can’t really dispute that. We defended well but almost threw it away. 

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Just got in the car, what have I missed? Apart from tossing it away to their reserves when it should of been out of sight in the first half.

Ultimately that game was decided by poor refereeing and key injuries at bad times. Liverpool should’ve been down to 9 men at the end. Presumably Daka went off early with a problem?  but even Rodger’s would’ve expected a better performance from Iheanacho when he came on, he lost the ball every time he had it. Soyuncu’s hammy and the resultant panicked reshuffle did for us in the end but the script was assisted significantly by a poor biased refereeing display. 

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Just got in the car, what have I missed? Apart from tossing it away to their reserves when it should of been out of sight in the first half.

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Interesting seeing how some of you are spinning this. We were 3-1 up and cruising against a side we should have easily beaten. The standards we have are in the gutter. 

Have a word. We were bringing on fringe players 2nd half whilst they loaded up their 1st team. We had 0, (ZERO) 1st choice defenders on come the end. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I’d have a guess that he wasn’t injured at the time he made the subs . Not too hard to worn out 

We didn’t make all our subs did we ?

just realised there’s only 3 substitution windows

Edited by Lcfc82

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Bertrand, Thomas and Albrighton as wing backs so we had a shagged Vardy up top, then two wingbacks that aren’t very dynamic. Ryan Mcgivern reincarnate  alongside Vestergaard and our best DM the other side of him. Protected by our defensively sound, midfield stalwarts; Soumare, Tielemans & Maddison.

It’s a wonder we lost! 

When you can't make a rational formation from the players on the pitch, without playing at least two players out of positions, as a manager you've lost ya head, surely we have to give Amartey (if available) Nelson if not some game time. Both Justin and Thomas benefitted from playing when other injury problems forced the hand. Have Mendy and Hamza shagged BRs wife, I'd sooner they were given a chance than Soumare from a defensive standing. 

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Chelsea were much the better team and Kasper did 2 wonder saves, can’t really dispute that. We defended well but almost threw it away. 

But we didn’t throw it away!

We win because our players did their job better than the opponents.

Chelsea weren’t the much better team, they had a couple of chances and Kasper saved them both, we had a couple of chances and scored one.

7 minutes ago, reynard said:

We have the same squad that finished 5th last season and won the FA Cup and suffered a whole series of injuries. In fact we've added to that squad and didn't really lose anyone over the summer. That same squad plus the extras looks a whole lot worse to me and I'm not sure what the reasons are.

It just might be that most of the clubs above us have improved their squads/got better….Arsenal, Villa, for sure Wolves got their striker back and the European big six (Spurs apart maybe) have improved further than we have?