Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

Like I said, standards in the gutter. 

Nah, we absolutely threw it away but you're looking at it as if we're 100% fully fit squad.

Officiating was awful, we've then lost 2 first teams to injury and an already thin squad is ruined.

Perspective is everything.

Every right to be fully disappointed, but look at the bigger picture

10 minutes ago, Manini said:

We’ll take an absolute hammering on the socials and in the media after that and fair play it’s all truly deserved. Sick to the back teeth of every single one of the soft, wet-flannel, bastards. 

Admittedly i'm discounting our FA Cup win here but on a whole over Rodgers time here we're taking Tottenham's bottlers mantle off them.

'Leicestery' doesn't quite have the same ring to it though.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Nice to see Rodgers take a pop at the ref. I’m sure the referees secretary of the forum will be on to defend the ref, but how he’s not sent one of their players off tonight is beyond me.  

Honestly ridiculous. The officiating in this league is pathetic, but it won't be flagged tonight as we aren't Liverpool 

8 minutes ago, Wilfcho said:

I know everyone wants to slate Rodgers but i think he made the right subs considering the circumstances, the first one was albrighton for Ricardo due to the injury, very sensible, then Nacho for Daka, i suspect he didn't take vardy off cause he was on a hattrick, still taking Daka off took the sting out of the press and Nacho didn't help matters. Next was Vestergaard for Soyuncu, obviously due to injury, now consider a back 4 of Vestergaard (who Rodgers doesn't trust, for good reasons), Ndidi ( who is still coming to terms with the position), albrighton ( who is a makeshift fullback) and Thomas (a youngin), made sense to switch to a back 5 which would allow albrighton be more comfortable in his position and Nacho and Vardy would be able to play the way they are used to, what i noticed is Nacho didn't play that way, rather he tried to fill in the pockets that Daka was filling in the first half even though we were playing with an entirely new system now. For betrand to come on and be that third defender, someone in the midfield had to go, naturally we'd all want it to be soumare but once again KDH was the right call, he's the most forward thinking of the three players and having Soumare and Teilemans as the two sitting as they had been all game seemed the right call. We were ultimately done in by lack of cover on the bench. Also Vards must have been obviously injured, its the only logical explanation.

Least someone gets it

would add all subs made whilst we were 3:1 up & Nacho was probably brought on to hold the ball a bit more further up the pitch, then the injury to Cags happens resulting in a change as you describe which all makes sense