Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

Just now, Hammo said:

How could this evening’s result have been any worse? Conceding a last-minute equaliser then losing on penalties to Liverpool is about as bad as it gets.

We didn't lose. We drew. Lost the penalty shoot out. Our usual penalty taker was injured. 

6 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Not read any of the rest of the forum so apologies if this has been said elsewhere. 

I was sat in the turnstile M area tonight and was genuinely flabbergasted by the moronic attitude of some of our fans.

There was a bloke a few rows in front of me who was holding up a copy of the sun towards the home fans whilst chanting ‘murderers’ at them. Would also periodically holding up his phone showing ‘BUY THE SUN’ on it. It’s probably the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen anyone do at a football match.

i normally just pretend these things aren’t happening but tonight was another level. Embarrassing 

Sadly we like other clubs have some ****ing morons for fans 

9 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Not read any of the rest of the forum so apologies if this has been said elsewhere. 

I was sat in the turnstile M area tonight and was genuinely flabbergasted by the moronic attitude of some of our fans.

There was a bloke a few rows in front of me who was holding up a copy of the sun towards the home fans whilst chanting ‘murderers’ at them. Would also periodically holding up his phone showing ‘BUY THE SUN’ on it. It’s probably the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen anyone do at a football match.

i normally just pretend these things aren’t happening but tonight was another level. Embarrassing 

What a tosser. I'd ban him from every ground in the country. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Thinking back, how the **** with 5 defenders back did we look so badly exposed in injury time to a cross in to the box? Sums us up, go defensive and look even worse at the back.

That change worked the first few times he tried in it game but has been disastrous ever since. Leeds at home last season was a classic example where we fell apart after going 5 at the back

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Thinking back, how the **** with 5 defenders back did we look so badly exposed in injury time to a cross in to the box? Sums us up, go defensive and look even worse at the back.

Easy out of the 5 two aren’t defenders( Ndidi Albrighton ). So that leaves 3 … 1 a 20 year old in only his second season and only been a bit part player . So that basically leaves 2 defenders both well documented to be  recovering from covid  and both only bought as squad players . 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Happens every time we play Liverpool and Everton. As I've said elsewhere I hate Liverpool as a football team but some of our away following is an embarrassment.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Easy out of the 5 two aren’t defenders( Ndidi Albrighton ). So that leaves 3 … 1 a 20 year old in only his second season and only been a bit part player . So that basically leaves 2 defenders both well documented to be  recovering from covid  and both only bought as squad players . 

sounds like a disaster waiting to happen playing them all together, while weakening your midfield in the process resulting in them becoming even more exposed

Just off to the game,

keys - check

wallet - check 

Phone - check

copy of the sun to remind home fans of a tragedy where 97 people that they may have known died - check 

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

Happens every time we play Liverpool and Everton. As I've said elsewhere I hate Liverpool as a football team but some of our away following is an embarrassment.

29 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Watched the morons around me in the same area throughout the game. 
honestly not convinced some of them should be out unsupervised. A few getting cocky with the police because they know any reaction will look bad on the police not them

one complete tool thinking he was some mad ultra whilst waving a half and half ****ing scarf around. 
had my 15 year old son with me. I’d be gutted if he behaved anything like some of these idiots

earlier today there was a comment about the older quieter fans not going so the away end would be better. Honestly felt ashamed at the state of some of the Green street wannabes 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Sadly we like other clubs have some ****ing morons for fans 

It is heartening to see that not everyone representing Leicester at Anfield tonight fell into this bracket. I thought the ‘feed the scousers’ nonsense, in a time when child poverty and use of food banks is at a record high in this country (not just Liverpool) was particularly crass and unnecessary. 

• Like 2