Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

7 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Say what you want about the result tonight, the manager and his decisions and the performance of some players. 

FORGET ALL THAT. We need to be right horrible ***** when these willy pullers turn up on the 28th. We need to try and channel the atmosphere of a few years ago and be really nasty, horrible ***** to their fans, manager and players for the full 90. 

We will roll over backwards for them, get pumped by 4/5/6 and the only hostile atmosphere will be towards our own players

31 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Didn't manage to see the game yesterday but reading comments here suggests Brendan did the usual. Why does he shit himself with a lead? Just go and get more goals and put it to bed. 

Doesn't like attacking.

Negative manager.

Astounds me people call him an attacking manager.

When we attack, score and get ourselves in good positions he acts like someone's done a steaming turd on his desk.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Doesn't like attacking.

Negative manager.

When we attack, score and get ourselves in good positions he acts like someone's done a steaming turd on his desk.

Did you honestly expect the same intensity seen in the first half, in the second half too? Especially in the busiest time of year? With loads of injuries and covid?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Doesn't like attacking.

Negative manager.

We’ve scored 10 in three and 20 in the last six.
The sixth highest in the Prem and only one off being the highest outside the top three.

The idea we don’t attack enough is pretty obviously absolute bollocks. The least of our worries.

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

None of the match reports I’ve read mention anything about the ref and bad tackles. Just shows how biased everything is towards clubs like Liverpool, from referring to match reports

Same on Talk Shite this morning.  Basically Fawning over Liverpool and Klopp, with no mention of the assault on Ricardo, or the elbow on Thomas. Just how up and down Leicester are, and how you would have thought Brendan could have brought on a strong centre half to see the game out. They clearly never watched any of the game, and had on idea of anything Leicester apart from results from this season, on which they based their extremely limited analysis of us.  To be honest, they were only really interested in licking The butt hole of anything Liverpool. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

None of the match reports I’ve read mention anything about the ref and bad tackles. Just shows how biased everything is towards clubs like Liverpool, from referring to match reports

Same, I've been looking for a Brendan interview or an article even slightly mentioning the elbow or the tackle on Ricky and nothing. The bias is crazy. 

Edited by hejammy

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Did you honestly expect the same intensity seen in the first half, in the second half too? Especially in the busiest time of year? With loads of injuries and covid?

No, I didn't actually.

I made the point last night, this tippy tappy shite I ****ing despise, but do acknowledge there is a time and place, slowing the game down in the way we do, strangling games, have possession for possession sake, 'controlling the game' as Brendan like to delude himself saying....that was the time and place.

Just like Palace, we threw that one away aswell. 

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes especially when they’ve had 10 days off against a Liverpool team thats there for the taking.

I’ve seen some bad takes in my time but only expecting players to play one half of football because they have other games coming up is right up there.

• Like 2

I think a patched up defence cost us. Let’s face it Ndidi, Vestergaard, Bertrand and Thomas isn’t the best combo. Ndidi is a midfielder Vestergaard is a broken down bus and Bertrand is just well pants. I’ll let Thomas off as he’s been playing well, but he’s inexperienced and needs a guiding head. Get Wes and Huth out of the office back in the gym and back on the pitch. Also can we loan Fuchs back? They wouldn’t have let the last goal happen and Huth is certainly quicker than Vestergaard!!!!

Edited by fox_favourite

The ref absolutely bottled it after getting a telling off from Klopp. Ridiculous to have him as referee straight afterwards.  The injury to Ricardo started the downturn after a great start.  Gutted for Ricardo, the guy doesn't get a break.  Our defence is literally in tatters.  Positive start though and brilliant goals. Nice to see clinical finishes again 👌 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I think a patched up defence cost us. Let’s face it Ndidi, Vestergaard, Bertrand and Thomas isn’t the best combo. Ndidi is a midfielder Vestergaard is a broken down bus and Bertrand is just well pants. I’ll let Thomas off as he’s been playing well, but he’s inexperienced and needs a guiding head. Get Wes and Huth out of the office back in the gym and back on the pitch. Also can we loan Fuchs back? 

It really wasn't that alone, going down to virtually 10 men with the Nacho substitution gave them the incentive, then removing KDH finished us. The battle was to be in midfield and we handed it to them. 

37 minutes ago, Dames said:

Yes especially when they’ve had 10 days off against a Liverpool team thats there for the taking.

I’ve seen some bad takes in my time but only expecting players to play one half of football because they have other games coming up is right up there.

10 days off? lol covid and training shut, behave.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure what you are referring too here?

All the crying about fixture congestion, playing too many games, not having a break.

They got one.

Now it's being discounted as not doing us any good because we're just as shite.

Edited by Matt