Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

Just now, Matt said:

All the crying about fixture congestion, playing too many games, not having a break.

They got one.

Now it's being discounted as not doing us any good.

There is no crying, opinions tend to be extremely binary after a loss. There are lots of context to our current form, injuries, covid, fixtures, and rotation, I though the first half was very intense, the second half was badly impaired by changes/injuries but we were also never going to match the first half’s intensity. I am not making excuses, merely looking at what else may be involved. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

The jota elbow and morton leg breaker aren't being discussed at all in the press. 

Theyre as bad as any in how complicit their bias is to the top clubs.

Liverpool fans always get the proper hump about us singing feed the scousers when we go there. I think it’s a bit of a shite outdated one to pull out personally, but I’m not convinced we’re the only ones who sing it at Anfield, yet we always get a ****ing pasting for it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Doesn't like attacking.

Negative manager.

Astounds me people call him an attacking manager.

When we attack, score and get ourselves in good positions he acts like someone's done a steaming turd on his desk.

You missed the first half then?

1 minute ago, Bert said:

You missed the first half then?

No, no.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Doesn't like attacking.

Negative manager.

Astounds me people call him an attacking manager.

When we attack, score and get ourselves in good positions he acts like someone's done a steaming turd on his desk.

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Daka off for Iheanacho- Iheanacho offers a bit more coming deep and adds to the midfield where we were starting to get overrun.

Bertrand had to come on to make a back 3 - without going to back 3, we had a back 4 of 2 midfielders, a young kid and our 6th choice CB - it needed changing.

Vardy clearly injured not to take a penalty.

And it all worked perfectly 👀 

3 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

We’ve scored 10 in three and 20 in the last six.
The sixth highest in the Prem and only one off being the highest outside the top three.

The idea we don’t attack enough is pretty obviously absolute bollocks. The least of our worries.

“4th”

Edited by 5waller5
  • Haha 1

Just got up after having got back quite late. Not sure what to make of it…

Fine margins - had Vardy scored and not hit the post I think that would have been game over. A combo of going even more makeshift at the back and handing them the initiative seemed to turn the game. Having said that we practically held out - I was timing injury time and their equalizer was clocked at 4 mins. 

I see the referring is being clocked on another thread, and at the time I thought it was pretty bias toward them. So in summary - being 3-1 up against the team they selected, we should have seen it out. But we really don’t need the extra games, so again not sure what to make of it.

One positive though was that I thought we defended corners well.

• Like 1

Not ideal to throw away a 2 goal lead but I do think this is the first time in a long time I’ve thought we genuinely threw everything at that game.

I thought considering how much Liverpool bombarded us after their second we actually defended relatively well. Was just one lapse of concentration from N’Didi.

Definitely a game of fine margins. Kelechi on another day buries that chance.

I feel less annoyed about losing when I see everyone put a shift in like yesterday.

• Like 2

Said it before and will say it again, Brendan's Achilles Heel seems to be his lack of attention to defending. Despite all the problems at the back before this game and during it, we should really have been able to see it out. Even our best back five/four/three will struggle if we can't contain or have a strategy to stop sides swarming all over us for periods of the game. We attack and defend as a team but I see precious little of the latter these days. In fact, I can only remember the defending masterclass once, at Manchester City in the dark and distant past. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The jota elbow and morton leg breaker aren't being discussed at all in the press. 

Wasn't mentioned by Rodgers in the post match press con/interviews. Not seen any detailed highlights with the footage either. It's like it never happened

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Agreed. But like I said in the other thread, he needs to mention it in the national media as @turlo says below. 

Rodgers mentioned it on Radio Leicester but that's all. Big club managers will mention it on the BBC/BT/Sky (whoever) and bang on about it. Sounds weird but they get it talked about.

2 minutes ago, turlo said:

Wasn't mentioned by Rodgers in the post match press con/interviews. Not seen any detailed highlights with the footage either. It's like it never happened

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Manini said:

Liverpool fans always get the proper hump about us singing feed the scousers when we go there. I think it’s a bit of a shite outdated one to pull out personally, but I’m not convinced we’re the only ones who sing it at Anfield, yet we always get a ****ing pasting for it. 

It is shit mate and just not funny. I'd imagine Man Utd started it due to the Manchester/Liverpool rivalry so I understand that but for anyone else singing it's embarrassing. 

Also Liverpool/Everton donate to more foodbanks than other fanbases so there's some poor irony in it.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lanefox said:

Anyone know where to find the tackle by Konate on Super Marc

Unlike most challenges, that looked worse at full speed given how quickly the players were travelling and Albrighton's reaction. Ultimately he just ended up getting a bang on the knee from the follow through. It was a foul yes, which the ref inexplicably missed, but no worse than that.

Morton and Jota's were far worse incidents not punished severely enough (or at all in Jota's case)

So annoyed about that last night. Again, what does Rogers say at half time for us to come out and be so pathetic in the second half? Exact same as against Villa.

Less said about the substitutions the better, absolute disgraceful decision making. Also just release Bertrand, take the financial loss and get him out, rather be short on players.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Not as shit as the Klopp sex offender song. What's that about then?!

Yeah I don't get where that's come from.

Two lads were singing it on their own in front of me at Villa the other week about Mings. 

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It is shit mate and just not funny. I'd imagine Man Utd started it due to the Manchester/Liverpool rivalry so I understand that but for anyone else singing it's embarrassing. 

Also Liverpool/Everton donate to more foodbanks than other fanbases so there's some poor irony in it.

No I know. I 100% agree. I just want to know why it’s always us that get an absolute pasting for it every time we go. There’s a really weird understanding that Leicester fans are a bunch of Tories every time we step in to Merseyside, what’s been done to cause this? It’s ****ing horrible lol 

3 minutes ago, ren said:

So annoyed about that last night. Again, what does Rogers say at half time for us to come out and be so pathetic in the second half? Exact same as against Villa.

Less said about the substitutions the better, absolute disgraceful decision making. Also just release Bertrand, take the financial loss and get him out, rather be short on players.

I suspect it was what Klopp said (and did) that changed the game…not what Brendan said…….Brendan would only be aware of that after the teams come back out….

58 minutes ago, Manini said:

It was probably funny once, about the time of band aid 

Just seen the tackle on Ricardo again and now I'm fuming again.

Absolutely ridiculous tackle. Hope the lad that did it gets a serious ban.

Much worse than the Harry Kane one from the weekend that they've still not stopped crying about.

• Like 1